Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: Best and Worst of Horror Movies

Chevyheaven Guest
    LOL. I admit I did not like that manly lesbian chick who sewed on her own dick. LMAO she was nasty as fu*k. LOL I loved the mom she was awesome.
    That Divine character was a hoot eh? I saw another John waters film I forget what it was but Divine ate some dog poop it was freakin nasty.. I love off beat shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    LOL. I admit I did not like that manly lesbian chick who sewed on her own dick. LMAO she was nasty as fu*k. LOL I loved the mom she was awesome.
    That Divine character was a hoot eh? I saw another John waters film I forget what it was but Divine ate some dog poop it was freakin nasty.. I love off beat shit like that.
    OMG I grew up on John Waters at least in my teens! i make it a point to quote a line of his everyday. The man has a legacy and is truly the Godfather of all trash today!
    I watch Pink Flamingos or Female Trouble at least bi-weekly. Mondo Trasho where Divine is raped by a giant lobster and does a Columbine on the Baltimorean American public and is slaughtered by the National Guard is a classic! Love it when she gets anal beaded by rosary beads in a catholic church and is led by a divine baby Jesus aftergasm through the streets of Baltimore! How Jean Genet!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Adam Bomb Guest
    I'm not sure if this movie has been mentioned yet. I saw a movie on video years ago called "I, Zombie". It was low-budget, but very intense. It's kind of a different take on the classic zombie theme. Very good movie, and not really cheesy at all. I wish I could see it again.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0210740/

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    OMG I grew up on John Waters at least in my teens! i make it a point to quote a line of his everyday. The man has a legacy and is truly the Godfather of all trash today!
    I watch Pink Flamingos or Female Trouble at least bi-weekly. Mondo Trasho where Divine is raped by a giant lobster and does a Columbine on the Baltimorean American public and is slaughtered by the National Guard is a classic! Love it when she gets anal beaded by rosary beads in a catholic church and is led by a divine baby Jesus aftergasm through the streets of Baltimore! How Jean Genet!

One of my favorite scenes in Female Trouble is where they go into the town where they are having 'Backwards Day'(I did remember that right I think)
    Reminded me of the weird days I had at one of my schools-very funny.

'I Zombie'! I saw that once-quite different. The main character met quite a sad ending. Also, the scene where a certain part of his body came off-goodness

'Zombie Honeymoon' Anyone see that?
    also
    'I was a Zombie for the FBI'
    Last edited by hoxharding; 05-14-2008 at 07:19 PM.

Chevyheaven Guest
    Backwards day.. That was Desperate living.. SOoo funny.
    The queen would make a royal proclamation that today would be backwards day and everyone would have to walk backwards and talk backwards and then she would ride through town saying.. "Your walking backwards asshole.." "yoo hoo stupid you got yer clothes on backwards.." I never laughed so hard she was so great!!!

Edith Massey was SOOOOOOOOawesome!
    Whip it out and show it HARD!!!!
    Ha Ha HHHAAAHAAAhAAAhAhA!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Chevyheaven Guest
    LMAO she was fuc*ing funny as fu*k in that movie.. ""Ohh yeah let me see your balls.." her big ol belly on that bed with those skinny dudes.. Funny shit.

cherryghost Guest
    "The House that Dripped Blood" (Original)
    Any of the great Hammer Horror Films

IMO The Exorcist is not a B Grade Horror film!

wakey Guest

there are two for different reasons

all time favorite horror B movie is Silent Night Bloody Night 1974 with Patrick O'Neal and John Carradine

but the best all time B movie Horror or not is FROGS it has everything you need in a B movie

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    Would Desperate Living by John Waters be considered a B movie? That movie was so great I loved it
    More like a "D" movie! LOVING "Desperate Living"!!

Best character: 450-pound GRIZELDA BROWN, "Peggy's psychiatric nurse."

Best scene: when Grizelda sits on Peggy's husband's face--just grindin' it in too--smothering him to death using mountains of butt flesh alone.

Classic, classic, CLASSIC.

Chevyheaven Guest
    LMFAO. That has got to be one of my favorite movies of all time b movie or not. Just hilarious.

acefanab Guest
    im really new here but............best b flick EVER

faster pussycat faster faster

acefanab Guest
    is there someone here who can tell me how this works? I dont want to b the dumb ass.but ......well crud.i am

spudjustice Guest
    Killer Klowns From Outer Space
    Evil Dead
    Return of the Living Dead

Chevyheaven Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by acefanab View Post
    is there someone here who can tell me how this works? I dont want to b the dumb ass.but ......well crud.i am

What do you mean you are a dumbass? Figure what out? In this thread you just jibber away about what your favorite B movies are.

See nothing to it at all.

I love Shark Attack 3 with the lovely John Barrowman! So bad, it's good! Yet all 3 Shark Attack films are bad but good!

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Stone View Post
    I love Shark Attack 3 with the lovely John Barrowman! So bad, it's good! Yet all 3 Shark Attack films are bad but good!

John Barrowman in a film called Shark Attack 3? Ok, I am going to look for this! Thanks for mentioning it.=)

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    John Barrowman in a film called Shark Attack 3? Ok, I am going to look for this! Thanks for mentioning it.=)
    It's called Shark Attack 3: Megalodon and John has one of the best lines EVER! It still makes me giggle!

FannyB1923 Guest
    Gotta go with Pumpkinhead!

Maruz83 Guest
    Dead Alive !!! it's like the best movie ever ! I think it takes place in New Zealand or something !

I will never forget, as long as I live, Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things...Saw it in the theatre when I was about 14 and couldn't sleep for days. Scared me more than The Exorcist or any other horror flick I've ever seen.

It also coughed up an immortal horror movie line: (spoken in a suitably sinister voice, after the soon-to-be eaten teenagers gaze down on a opened coffin containing a soon-to-be-re-aniamated corpse) "Decomposition does strange things to people..."

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    I also love Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things. Great zombie flick, WAY ahead of its time! Nice call!

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    I will never forget, as long as I live, Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things...Saw it in the theatre when I was about 14 and couldn't sleep for days. Scared me more than The Exorcist or any other horror flick I've ever seen.

It also coughed up an immortal horror movie line: (spoken in a suitably sinister voice, after the soon-to-be eaten teenagers gaze down on a opened coffin containing a soon-to-be-re-aniamated corpse) "Decomposition does strange things to people..."

I tried to watch that film and couldn't get through it. Many people like it though.
    'Dead Alive'
    Is from New Zealand and is from the same man who brought fourth 'Bad Taste','The Frighteners'
    AND
    The 'Lord of the Rings' films (Peter Jackson)
    Forgot! King Kong!

SquirrelNutZipper Guest
    My absolute favorite - "Tormented" with Richard Carlson. What other movie has the star holding a head without a body while it's chanting "Tom Stewart killed me...Tom Stewart killed me".

Sophisticated stuff.

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelNutZipper View Post
    My absolute favorite - "Tormented" with Richard Carlson. What other movie has the star holding a head without a body while it's chanting "Tom Stewart killed me...Tom Stewart killed me".

Sophisticated stuff.
    Oddly, I have this film as the regular version and the Mystery Science Theater Version. I used to have three copies of it- I like it but not that much. Not sure how that happened.

More B(or D?) films:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvS3ZXZRSsk

Piranha
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NmkX...eature=related

Here is a film I would love to buy but is not in dvd-
    Grotesque(starring Linda Blair and Donna Wilkes)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iKCy2i4z4Q

'Motel Hell'! Country cannibalism!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZeMY...eature=related

and 'Invasion of the Bee Girls'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH3mtVRH8DQ

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    I tried to watch that film and couldn't get through it. Many people like it though.
    'Dead Alive'
    Is from New Zealand and is from the same man who brought fourth 'Bad Taste','The Frighteners'
    AND
    The 'Lord of the Rings' films (Peter Jackson)
    Forgot! King Kong!
    Peter Jackson is in the "can't watch" category for me. All of his films leave me flat and bored. He's so incredibly overrated I can barely stand it. I'm SO glad he's not directing "The Hobbit." Maybe it will be watchable. And I HATE the fact that he's making "The Lovely Bones," I had such high hopes for that as a movie until I read he's involved...dammit.

Free B Horror movies in the public domain online!
    http://www.mrbalihai.com/goof/2007/0...e_to_arch.html
    Too cool for school!

hoxharding Guest
    Free B Horror movies in the public domain online!
    http://www.mrbalihai.com/goof/2007/0...e_to_arch.html
    Too cool for school!

Thanks!
    I own 'Daughter of Horror' That is one bizarre film! Ed Mcmahon narrates it I think-he had something to do with it. It is mainly silent.

Here is a link tot e summary-the other title for it is Dementia and Ed Mcmahon is the narrator:

As the narrator invites us to explore the horrors of an insane mind, a young woman wakes from a nightmare in a cheap hotel room. We follow her through the skid-row night and encounters with an abusive husband; a wino; a pimp and the rich man he panders for; a flashback to her traumatic childhood; violence; pursuit through dark streets; dementia. Filmed in film-noir style throughout; only the narrator speaks. Written by Rod Crawford {puffinus@u.washington.edu}
    MAYBE: A girl lies on a bed in a cheap hotel room. She gets dressed and goes into the street. She walks through dark alleys. She is assaulted by a drunk.A cop arrives and brutally attacks the drunk. The girl is led to a limousine where a fat, disgusting and obviously rich man is sitting in the back seat. They make the rounds of various nightclubs catering to jazz and beatniks. They go to the man's apartment. After eating a heavy, greasy meal, most of which is on the man's hands and face, the man attempts to rape her. She plunges a knife into his stomach and he falls out the window, tearing a necklace from her throat as he hurtles to his death on the pavement below. The girl rushes to the street where she sees a crowd gathered around the corpse. The necklace is still clutched in his hand. Unable to pry the hand open, she cuts it off at the wrist. A detective arrives. The girl flees. Pursued by a police-car she runs through the darkened streets. She finds refuge in a nightclub where Shorty Rogers and his Jazz Band are performing. The detective arrives and all eyes are directed toward the girl. She is assaulted by insane laughter and pointing fingers of accusation. She awakens in her hotel room. She opens a dresser drawer. She finds....Maybe. Written by Les Adams {longhorn@abilene.com}

simon69 Guest

Talking

I love these zombie flicks!!

hoxharding Guest

mrnorrischangestrains Guest
    An Australian movie called Turkey Hunt that seemed really weird and pointless. Not sure whether this one is a B movie or not and I can't remember the title but it came out in the mid-late 80s and had two characters who worked as paramedics (I think). They were both killed but managed to come back to life for 48 hours before they start decomposing. One of them falls in love with a girl and then it turns out that she starts decomposing as well. In the end, they both go through a door with the words, "what do you think is on the other side" or "what do you think the other side is like" something like that. Now if only I could remember that title . . .

simon69 Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mrnorrischangestrains View Post
    An Australian movie called Turkey Hunt that seemed really weird and pointless. Not sure whether this one is a B movie or not and I can't remember the title but it came out in the mid-late 80s and had two characters who worked as paramedics (I think). They were both killed but managed to come back to life for 48 hours before they start decomposing. One of them falls in love with a girl and then it turns out that she starts decomposing as well. In the end, they both go through a door with the words, "what do you think is on the other side" or "what do you think the other side is like" something like that. Now if only I could remember that title . . .
    Dead Heat, loved this Cheesy movie also

mrnorrischangestrains Guest
    Simon, you are a star. This has been bothering me for years now, I kid you not.

Hmmmm it would have to be either Bad Taste or Braindead, both by Peter Jackson.

36. 05-18-2008, 07:04 AM

hoxharding Guest

1) Phenom-
    I have seen this film loads of times and had no idea what she was supposed to be in. I knew maggots were supposed to be in it. I beieve it is actualy some sort of chocolate mint mix in there.

2) Day of the Dead-
    The look of nausea and horror on the actor's face is very real. The insides are made out of actual animal parts and had gone rank
    by the time this was filmed.

3) Maniac -used to be considered bottom of the barrel and repulsive. Now it appears it is thought to be a classic(?)

4) The Ruins- Jonathan Tucker(one of the stars) described the film as people running up and down one hill for an entire fim.

Society looks like it is worth checking. Wonder how this one has managed to slip under my radar all these years?

tarsier Guest
    Camp Sleepaway and all it's sequels same with Tremors loved the chickenfrog monsters in the second film.

hoxharding Guest
    Society looks like it is worth checking. Wonder how this one has managed to slip under my radar all these years?

I watched 'Society' more than once years ago. In fact, I rented and watched it again last Summer!
    It was made by some of the same people who made 'Re-animator'
    It is a pretty good film-a bit overstated and catoonish(especially the orgy scene as you can see from the photo)
    Billy Warlock(who was on Baywatch I think) stars as a boy whose sister is making her public debut. He starts to notice really weird things starting to happen.
    No spoilers-just a hint and that is 'The rich really are different!Literally!'

Man-the KY budget for this flick had to been sky high(lots of slime effects)

Okay its not horror but had anyone ever seen this?
    http://movies.com/brothers-of-the-head/d836730/drama
    Is it any good?

hoxharding Guest
    Okay its not horror but had anyone ever seen this?
    http://movies.com/brothers-of-the-head/d836730/drama
    Is it any good?

I have read glowing reviews of this film but haven't personally watched this film.

hoxharding Guest
    I love this guy-he has the most humorous reviews of bad and B films: The Cinema Snob- Here is his take on 'Wanda the Sadistic Hypnotist'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mROW0Qzj8_k

Am I the only Mstk3 fan??

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Watch horror movies. Keep America strong.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake View Post
    I can't watch the gore movies anymore. As a teeneager I saw waaay too many, Motel Hell, Halloween, anything with gore and such in it, my b/f dragged me off to. I can't watch them, give me a good murder mystery, THAT I can watch.
    Hahaa!... Motel Hell was hilarious! Did you know there's a remake of it and it's going to be released on Halloween?

http://www.moviefone.com/movie/motel-hell/32266/main

hoxharding Guest
    I am a major horror film fan=)

Cherry Malotte Guest
    I tend to like the old creaky stuff, like the original Dracula and Frankenstein flicks. Also I just love the crappy 50's and early 60's flicks like The Beast With 10,000 Eyes and The Man With X-ray Eyes - good stuff!

We watch Svengoolie here in the Chicago area on Saturday nights, he's a local horror show host and is pretty funny.

Wednesday Guest
    I'm more of a psychological thriller type of person. I do watch the occasional slasher movie from time to time, but nowadays they have just gotten ridiculous.

Lisamarie Guest
    Im a HUGE horror movie fan..in fact I just got done watching night of the creeps for the 100th time ..its a classic!!!!!! I love scary movies..and drive everyone nuts with them....my poor husband had to watch the eye with me the other night and he kept jumping it was too cute!!! I looovvveee scary movies!!!!!

Night of the Creeps? Is that where the alien worms crawl in through peoples mouths and infest their brains? I love that movie!