Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bitter Blood Murders - Susie Newsom Lynch

Bitter Blood Murders - Susie Newsom Lynch

Here's another true-crime case that's fascinated me over the years. Jerry Bledsoe told this tale in Bitter Blood, the unbelievable tale of the divorce and custody battle from hell.
    A Southern belle not only had an incestuous affair with her cousin, who happened to be a doomsday survivalist type who stockpiled an amazing cache of weapons, she got him to kill his own relatives.
    Ms Newsome-Lynch's parents, grandmother, sons, her former mother-in-law and former sister-in-law were killed by this woman and her cousin. He pretended to be a physician to appease and win the affection of his domineering father, a prominent physician in the Winston Salem, NC area.
    Again, I'm interested in any vintage news stories and pictures. The Bledsoe book contains some pics, but I'm wondering if anything else is in cyberspace.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    Here's another true-crime case that's fascinated me over the years. Jerry Bledsoe told this tale in Bitter Blood, the unbelievable tale of the divorce and custody battle from hell.
    A Southern belle not only had an incestuous affair with her cousin, who happened to be a doomsday survivalist type who stockpiled an amazing cache of weapons, she got him to kill his own relatives.
    Ms Newsome-Lynch's parents, grandmother, sons, her former mother-in-law and former sister-in-law were killed by this woman and her cousin. He pretended to be a physician to appease and win the affection of his domineering father, a prominent physician in the Winston Salem, NC area.
    Again, I'm interested in any vintage news stories and pictures. The Bledsoe book contains some pics, but I'm wondering if anything else is in cyberspace.
    Wasn't/isn't her aunt or grandmother a senator? I read this book many years ago & I was so intrigued. The way she died was pretty gruesome.

Jenny Mulhenny Guest
    Wow, I just read that book. The descriptions of the explosion haunt me when I can't sleep. From my short Google search there doesn't seem to be a site dedicated to the story...maybe you should start one.

Jenny Mulhenny Guest

Yes, her aunt "Su-Su" was a senator who died a few years ago. I don't feel especially sorry for the late Ms Newsome Lynch, though. Her death was gruesome, but she's the one who detonated the bomb.

I can relate to your feelings, I still think about those little boys. If I knew more about how to set up sites and all the technical stuff, I'd consider starting a site, but I'm a cyberidiot. Thanks for the find-a-grave link, Jenny.

Oops, I forgot to add in my original posting, the house originally belonging to Delores Lynch was reportedly haunted by her late husband and he wasn't a happy spirit. I'd like to know if anyone else experienced the bad vibes described in the book, e.g. owners or visitors. Also, I'd like to know if the former Kentucky State Police Lieutenant Dan Davidson is still alive.

NOVSTORM Guest
    Did you know that when she died by her own bomb that the coil spring from the seat went right up her vagina? That movie had harry Hamlin in it and I think Kelly Mcginnis played her. I could be wrong but I think so.

You're right, Novstorm, about the actor and actress in the TV film. Yes, the section of the book detailing the detonation of the bomb has stayed in my mind. Susie's legs were partially destroyed, too. I remember reading that a police officer or someone at the scene said she was "pulp from the waist down."

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    this sounds like a great read.

cherryghost Guest
    God I wish I had the energy to stay with this thread, it sounds like a great novel as well, it getting very late here in Sydney well not so late but Im exhausted but will be back to explore this thread it sounds most GOTHIC!

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Excellent book. Jerry Bledsoe is a great true crime writer.

Susie and her cousin were both batshit crazy.

I felt so badly for her ex-husband. He was really trying to get those boys away from her but knew she was crazy so was trying to be so careful.

That detective, Dan Davidson, was awesome.

ManUnitedRedDevil Guest
    Why is there not more information on Google about this case? It seems like a very twisted tale, more than worthy of at least a few sites. They don't even have it at CrimeLibrary.com! Come on people, we need details! (and pictures!)

Mrs. Watson Guest
    http://www.geocities.com/murder_stor..._klenner1.html

New article with a few interesting tidbits.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Here's a link to pictures scanned from the book. Wonder what happened to that Ian dude?

(answers self, "that is what google is for!")

http://www.geocities.com/murder_stor...ter_blood.html

ManUnitedRedDevil Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    Here's a link to pictures scanned from the book. Wonder what happened to that Ian dude?

(answers self, "that is what google is for!")

http://www.geocities.com/murder_stor...ter_blood.html

Great site! It helps to see the individuals involved to get a grasp on the story. I feel so bad for those little boys & their dad. So sad.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I agree that this story should be written about more. I had forgotten how beautiful Janie was, thanks Mrs. W.

fultondyke Guest
    I just got a DVD-R of the TV movie, and it was great! I had to go buy the book!

redkatrampant Guest
    I have the book, read it several times, I still cannot figure out the WHY

My_Smiling_Skull Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    Did you know that when she died by her own bomb that the coil spring from the seat went right up her vagina? That movie had harry Hamlin in it and I think Kelly Mcginnis played her. I could be wrong but I think so.

Talk about a coil of sexual tension

RaRaRamona Guest
    I still need to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by redkatrampant View Post
    I have the book, read it several times, I still cannot figure out the WHY
    To understand why, one first needs to examine Suzy's warped mind. When her parents seemed to side with her ex-husband, they were the enemy. Lynch-Newsom's relationship with her mother was strained at best.
    Enter cousin Fritz, from a section of the family that would be an entire herd of black sheep, the Klenners. Doctor Klenner married an aunt of Suzie's. The family never forgave her for marrying a man they considered strange, to say the least.
    Supposedly, the good doctor 'cured' Suzie of MS or MD after she returned with her sons from living briefly in China. She fell in love with the doctor's son, Fritz.
    Some say Fritz influenced her decisions, others say they fed on each other's mental illnesses. At any rate, first her ex-husband's family were killed due to the fact that Suzie hated her mother-in-law and sister-in-law. It's theorized that Fritz and Suzie did the shooting that killed the women.
    Now, on to Suzie's side of the family. There was an explosive showdown when Suzie's mother figured out that she and Fritz were sleeping together. Plus, she thought her parents were trying to help Tom (her ex) win custody of their son. This made them targets. The parents were killed by Fritz along with Suzie's grandmother (her mother's mother).
    By the time Suzie and Fritz had moved in together, it's safe to say that both were severely mentally ill. Fritz probably helped play on her insecurity about losing the boys to Tom. Her attitude was probably "if I can't have them, no-one will."

Meli Guest
    Okay this is one I have not read. But I do LOVE Anne Rule and have read damn near everything she has put out. Any of yall Anne Rule fan's?

Greensboro is only an hour from me

I have never heard of this!

djdeath-hag Guest
    How did this story manage to slip past me without notice....gonna have to do some reading....and add another movie into my netflix queue.

octobersky Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    How did this story manage to slip past me without notice....gonna have to do some reading....and add another movie into my netflix queue.
    same here.

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    Does the crime library have a story on this one? If not maybe you could sugest they cover this one.

Pamebabby Guest
    Love Ann Rule, have every freakin' book she wrote. This one was weird, I read Bitter Blood-strange people, Susie and Fritz. I felt bad for the kids and the dogs, not them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamebabby View Post
    Love Ann Rule, have every freakin' book she wrote. This one was weird, I read Bitter Blood-strange people, Susie and Fritz. I felt bad for the kids and the dogs, not them.
    I'm a fan of Ann Rule. Yes, I feel so sorry for the boys, their father and stepmother and the dogs.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by octobersky View Post
    same here.
    ditto. how did i miss this one.

discod Guest
    I remember seeing the movie based on the story,such an evil evil woman

cindil12958 Guest

Smile bitter blood

I just finished Bitter Blood about a month ago. I am still trying to grasp what happened to the boys. Has the father had anymore children since he remarried. I live in Kentucky remember the case,never new the story carried on past covered bridge. I am a new poster have read either true murder and biographies all my life. I just have never been a fiction reader. It all started with Anne Franke and Helen Keller.

btrogdon Guest

Newsome Murders - Bitter Blood

I remember this like it were yesterday. Picking up flowers from the Graveyard this easter afternoon with my daughter and seeing the Newsome Plot it sparked my memory.

I told the story to my daughter and as we departed the cemetery I drove the 2 miles to the spot on Valley Road where the murders occurred.

I knew many that were touched by the murders from Newsome family to EMS and Fire and even a Forsyth County Deputy that undercover met with Fritz in a Greensboro hotel days before the final chase.

My heart pours out to the father of the boys whom was so close to getting them back into his custody.

Yes there are many pictures and articles on the Web.

Movie Clip and location Info.

Note: I believe the MAP is marked incorrectly and should be the house to the North. (Other side of street)

Newsome Family Plot and info

Dixie Girl Guest

Susie Newsome Lynch wedding day photo.

Pictures of the car after the explosion.

Dixie Girl Guest
    Janie Alda Lynch, one of the victims of Susie Newsome Lynch and Fritz:
    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...r&GRid=7836838
    She and her mother were both gunned down by Fritz outside of their home. They are buried side by side at Herrods Creek Cemetery in Kentucky, with no other identifying information on their headstone besides their names.

All of their info on Find A Grave states that the sons died in the explosion--however, most reports I am rading state that they were already dead, poisoned by cyanide and shot in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by btrogdon View Post
    I remember this like it were yesterday. Picking up flowers from the Graveyard this easter afternoon with my daughter and seeing the Newsome Plot it sparked my memory.

I told the story to my daughter and as we departed the cemetery I drove the 2 miles to the spot on Valley Road where the murders occurred.

I knew many that were touched by the murders from Newsome family to EMS and Fire and even a Forsyth County Deputy that undercover met with Fritz in a Greensboro hotel days before the final chase.

My heart pours out to the father of the boys whom was so close to getting them back into his custody.

Yes there are many pictures and articles on the Web.

Movie Clip and location Info.

Note: I believe the MAP is marked incorrectly and should be the house to the North. (Other side of street)

Newsome Family Plot and info
    If you have the time, would you please take a pic of the road where Suzie detonated the bomb that killed her and Fritz? I have always wondered what that stretch of road looked like.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Dixie Girl Guest
    Pictures of Franz Klenner's grave, as well as a close up picture of him:
    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...r&GRid=9421073
    He is buried in Greenview Cemetery as well.

Small note: Couldn't help but notice that the Virtual flowers for this memorial was turned off because it said it was being "continually misused" lol.

pattykad Guest
    It's been a very long time since I read the book. Did he say in the book
    that the kids were already dead?

Wow, talk about a blast from the past! I read this book when it first came out and loved it. Jerry Bledsoe is one of my favorite true crime authors.
    I lived in Greensboro over 10 years ago, and had to check out where the final events took place. The apartment and last drive route were very close to where I lived. I never took any pictures b/c as a fetal death hag, it never occurred to me. I always thought it was strange that this case never got much national attention, especially with ol' Judge Susie involved.
    Hopefully Fritz and Susie are doing a slow roast in a place where Vitamin C cannot help them!

JohnnyDee123 Guest

Wrong Answer

Yes, her aunt "Su-Su" was a senator who died a few years ago. I don't feel especially sorry for the late Ms Newsome Lynch, though. Her death was gruesome, but she's the one who detonated the bomb.
    Her Aunt was a North Carolina Supreme Court Justice

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ManUnitedRedDevil View Post
    Why is there not more information on Google about this case? It seems like a very twisted tale, more than worthy of at least a few sites. They don't even have it at CrimeLibrary.com! Come on people, we need details! (and pictures!)
    I still need to track down the movie. The first few links posted don't work anymore. Shame

don2222 Guest

Not surprised

I am not surprised by this movie, but I think it was pointed out best in the movies, the father played by the rules............ I am surprised that this doesn't happen more often, all custody cases seem to end up in tradgedy for the father and the children, fathers have no rights and the states back the mothers no matter what. The only real part that is inforced is the child support because the states make money in court cost and late fees. States don't back up the mothers providing the visitation and as the custodial parent she virtually moves the children anywhere any time she wants. The mother doesn't abid by the court orders and isn't held accountable. If the father fails to make a payment a warrant is issued and the father ends up in jail insatantly, but of course again the states make more money in bonding and court costs. When will the laws and courts start recognizing just how dangerous mothers are, double standards need to be addressed. I paid child support for 7 years and didn't get to see my child at all. I ended up getting her when she turned 18 after the child support was finished. Seem Mommy didn't want to keep her when she wasn't bring in a pay check. Now she's all messed up, cutting herself and crazy things like that, and the grandparents blame me. How wonderful..............

gawjissbrwneyez Guest
    the movie is currently on demand on lifetime movie network

RaRaRamona Guest
    Oh crap! I wish I'd known!!

Never heard of this story, definitely would like to know more about it!

"Investigation Discovery" has a series, "Behind Mansion Walls." Susie and Fritz, their crimes, etc. will be featured on Sept. 24 at 1 p.m. E.S.T.

"Investigation Discovery" has a series, "Behind Mansion Walls." Susie and Fritz, their crimes, etc. will be featured on Sept. 24 at 1 p.m. E.S.T.
    At 1pm EST my Discover ID has the story of the Kissel brothers on Behind Mansion Walls. I would love to see this story though, never heard about it before.

I'd better check the listing again, chances are excellent that I mis-read it.

Attachment 43662 Dr. Tom Lynch, his wife Kathy, John and Jim

Aftermath

Attachment 43663 In the top picture, Detective Daniel Davidson peers into the remains of Fritz's Blazer, sees the lifeless bodies of John and Jim Lynch and turns away. In the bottom picture, a bomb disposal unit is dispatched to the apartment where Susie, Fritz and the boys lived.