Thread: Mary Weiss Lead Singer The Shangri-las

Mary Weiss Lead Singer The Shangri-las

Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Sad to hear this. She had one of the greatest voices I have ever heard. The Shangri Las were one of the groups I always listened to when I had my teen strops to the point that my mum still winces when she hears them now, especially I Can Never Go Home Anymore.

R.I.P. Mary, you got me through many crappy nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellie View Post
    Sad to hear this. She had one of the greatest voices I have ever heard. The Shangri Las were one of the groups I always listened to when I had my teen strops to the point that my mum still winces when she hears them now, especially I Can Never Go Home Anymore.

R.I.P. Mary, you got me through many crappy nights.
    My favourite girl group ,my first tattoo says Shangri-las in the inscription. Faded now due to age of tat and me! Lol. I have been listening to them all weekend and the power of that voice still does it. And to think she recorded most everything they did while still a teenager! She was the best.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Her voice had a lot of heartbreak in it for someone so young. Makes me wonder what her early life must have been like. RIP Mary.

Leader of the Pack was another good song by them.