Thread: Danny Masterson Sentenced to 30 Years

Danny Masterson Sentenced to 30 Years

Danny Masterson ,who played the role of Steven Hyde on That 70s show, is sentenced 30 years in prison for raping two women
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...190238995.html

I was hoping it wasn't true. I really liked him as Hyde.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Danny Masterson ,who played the role of Steven Hyde on That 70s show, is sentenced 30 years in prison for raping two women

I liked him as Hyde also and when he was on the Netflix show the ranch. I was hoping it wasn't true also.

I haven't seen the Ranch yet, will have to watch it.

What gets me is how EVERYONE has written letters of support. Especially almost all of his That 70s Show cast members. All but Topher Grace.

The kicker? Ashton Kutcher and his wife Mila Kunis wrote letters! AK is VERY public about his stance on ending sex trafficking. Um, that's what HAPPENS to those who are trafficked. They're raped and/or tortured. You can't actively try to end trafficking and yet support a rapist. It's a double standard.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    What gets me is how EVERYONE has written letters of support. Especially almost all of his That 70s Show cast members. All but Topher Grace.

The kicker? Ashton Kutcher and his wife Mila Kunis wrote letters! AK is VERY public about his stance on ending sex trafficking. Um, that's what HAPPENS to those who are trafficked. They're raped and/or tortured. You can't actively try to end trafficking and yet support a rapist. It's a double standard.
    Apparently Danny's family asked for them to write letters at the same time idk if I could friend or not.. I'd want to stay out of it.

I haven't seen the Ranch yet, will have to watch it.
    I liked it. Has Sam Elliott and Debra winger in it also.

ohhh I love Sam Elliott, I have an uncle that looks just like him. I tease my aunt and say that's why you married him.

ohhh I love Sam Elliott, I have an uncle that looks just like him. I tease my aunt and say that's why you married him.
    He actually has a place in Brownsville oregon. When I was pregnant with my oldest in the town I lived in which was called sweet home (seriously that's the name) they have the first week in August called the oregon jamboree a bunch of country artists come to play. Anyway I was wearing this God awful yellow maternity dress and Sam Elliot drove past in his pickup. I was shocked to see him. That was 20 years ago lol.

9. 09-11-2023, 11:39 PM
    Reason
    double post

There were actually more as there were some who were too scared to take it further for fear of retaliation from Scientology. It's another case of Weinstein where it's been known for years about what he was up to but he knew nothing would happen. There is a video around going of him on Conan back in 2001 where he calls him out on it.

One of Danny's victims came online and basically said he had stuff on both Ashton & Mila that was bad and it was a case of he said jump and they asked how high because they don't want it out there. I mean on TV they would joke about getting off with Mila when she was only 14 and how they couldn't wait until she was legal in interviews so god only knows what was said and done in private.

Topher refused to be part of 'the gang' back in the day and was ostracized because of it. Now, it seems he was the only decent one amongst them. The only other ones who used to hang but hasn't said anything is Laura Prepon but I doubt she will as she dated Danny's brother for years and more than likely knows more than she would be willing to let on. There's also Wilmer Valderrama and he also has reason to keep quiet because of his tendency to date much younger women with some of them not even legal when he was with them yet he would brag about it in interviews.

Good, hope he will die in prison.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Synny View Post
    Apparently Danny's family asked for them to write letters at the same time idk if I could friend or not.. I'd want to stay out of it.
    Same. I'm a rape survivor so I will always side with the victims (survivors!) Always. Like Shellie said I also noticed Laura Prepon, who I loooove, didn't write a letter. I would hope because she supports the victims (survivors). Wilmer Valderrama also didn't write one, but also like Shellie noticed, he'd had relationships that weren't quite legal.

"I just go here!"

Same. I'm a rape survivor so I will always side with the victims (survivors!) Always. Like Shellie said I also noticed Laura Prepon, who I loooove, didn't write a letter. I would hope because she supports the victims (survivors). Wilmer Valderrama also didn't write one, but also like Shellie noticed, he'd had relationships that weren't quite legal.
    I'm a rape survivor as well. I guess Ashton has now resigned as chairman for the anti-sex abuse organization thorn.

No idea how true it is but there are stories online that Laura used to try and silence/talk victims out of saying anything when she was with his brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellie View Post
    No idea how true it is but there are stories online that Laura used to try and silence/talk victims out of saying anything when she was with his brother.
    I would say those stories are most likely true, you just have to watch any episode of Leah Remini's show and listen to the lengths they would go to protect the "religion" at all costs.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I would say those stories are most likely true, you just have to watch any episode of Leah Remini's show and listen to the lengths they would go to protect the "religion" at all costs.
    Exactly. And it's not just Scientology, it's other religions too. Jehovah's Witnesses. Catholics are a BIG one. Because of some of what I went through I now question ALL organized religion.

"I just go here!"

Exactly. And it's not just Scientology, it's other religions too. Jehovah's Witnesses. Catholics are a BIG one. Because of some of what I went through I now question ALL organized religion.
    I totally agree with you Ria. I was raised Catholic, but I started to question it as I got older, and you hear the stories about other religions. If you can't go to your chosen faith and feel safe what is the point of all of it. I still have by beliefs but now I deal with my higher power one on one. Just Him and me.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I was raised nondeminational, but baptized Southern Baptist. I eventually converted to Nazarene, but soon found out how homophobic the Nazarene church really is. If you identify anywhere within the alphabet mafia, you're allowed to worship and take Eucharist (communion) but NOT serve. You're not even allowed to sing or play an instrument with the Praise Team.

"I just go here!"

Ria, Mansfield that is why I became a Pagan.

I believe there is a God, what kind of God I'm not sure. My youngest came out as gay last year and I know my grandmother who is a full fledge Christian would be throwing a fit if she knew. My mother on the other hand if I still talked to her would say "it's a phase" and try to convince her she's not. I've told both my kids it doesn't matter who you are with as long as you are treated well and are happy.

Synny exactly, anyway back on topic, I loved that 70s show, and I always wondered by Topher Grace wasn't hardly around during the last few seasons or hardly on the new one, now we know why. I was shocked at Ashton coming out and writing that letter in support of Danny, he being such a big advocate of stopping sex trafficking.

Synny exactly, anyway back on topic, I loved that 70s show, and I always wondered by Topher Grace wasn't hardly around during the last few seasons or hardly on the new one, now we know why. I was shocked at Ashton coming out and writing that letter in support of Danny, he being such a big advocate of stopping sex trafficking.
    I guess he stepped down as being an advocate of the sex trafficking. Him and Mila may have just ruined their careers writing the letter on Danny's behalf.

Bijou Phillips files for divorce.

Doesn't surprise me in all honesty. I was waiting for that to happen.

They had been living apart for years but she was brought back for the first trial to make him look better. So it's not that much a surprise to see her filing so soon.