Thread: David Crobsy

No!!!!! Oh this year sucks!!!! Grew up with his music.

God this year has turned into 2016 #2 and it's just January. I dread to think who will be next. I watched David's 2019 documentary Remember My Name and he didn't look well in that. I don't think it was anything specific, just that he knew he didn't have long left.

he actually did pretty good considering the lifestyle he led.

Such a towering figure in the soundtrack of my life. From the Byrds to CSNY to solo albums to his long-running duet with Graham Nash and finally his late career project CPR (the whimsical acronym of its 3 principle members) he made beautiful music all his life. When I saw him in Dec. 2017 he was still hitting on all cylinders with new compositions and early material like "Triad" but always reinventing the older tunes in creative ways.

For a rock musician with his self-destructive habits he had an amazing work ethic. In his autobiography Long Time Gone he wrote how even in the depths of his addiction to freebasing he still honored every gig commitment, slipping backstage between sets to fire up another pipe. With CPR he reunited with his 60's love child James Raymond, who he put up for adoption in infancy. Raymond grew to be a vey talented musician in his own right (and obviously no hard feelings about his dad choosing music over being there in the early years).

Thanks for the legacy, sir.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171205_223921_resized - Copy.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	181.8 KB 
ID:	55535