Page 1 of 42 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Missing Children & Adults

attackatdawn Guest

Missing Children & Adults

Four-year-old Madeleine McCann from Rothley, Leicestershire, disappeared on May 3 during a holiday with her parents in the Algarve region of southern Portugal.

Honestly I did not hear about this case until I seen it on the internet, I guess cause I am from the US. This is so sad do you think the parents had anything to do with her disappearance?

Absolutely, the parents have looked guilty from day one, IMO.

deathybrad Guest
    I'm pretty sure they did, I suppose even if they didn't they are still guilty of gross negligence.

Kareika Guest
    I just don't think they did.
    No reason why but I stand by it

Batmama Guest
    Am I the only one who thinks that even if they are innocent they should be charged with neglect for leaving the kids alone in the motel room like they did?

Littleroben Guest
    I understand what you mean, but I think they have suffered so much already and that they know they were in the wrong.

sheri Guest
    When I first heard this story back in May, and I live in the US so it's not like it never got plastered on our news here, my first thought was "WTF were those parents thinking - or were they even thinking?!?! - leaving their kids alone in the hotel room while they went and had dinner?' I don't care what the parents claims were/are about how they could see their room from where they were at. You just don't leave your kids - ALL under the age of 14 and clearly not old enough to deal with things - alone while you go have dinner. That's pure selfishness, self centeredness and greed on the part of the parents. And why would a 'kidnapper' or whatever take just ONE CHILD, and NONE of the others? That makes absolutely no sense. Unfortunately, IMO, we have another JonBenet Ramsey thing here - mom did it and dad knows something and is covering it up.

Batmama Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sheri View Post
    When I first heard this story back in May, and I live in the US so it's not like it never got plastered on our news here, my first thought was "WTF were those parents thinking - or were they even thinking?!?! - leaving their kids alone in the hotel room while they went and had dinner?' I don't care what the parents claims were/are about how they could see their room from where they were at. You just don't leave your kids - ALL under the age of 14 and clearly not old enough to deal with things - alone while you go have dinner. That's pure selfishness, self centeredness and greed on the part of the parents. And why would a 'kidnapper' or whatever take just ONE CHILD, and NONE of the others? That makes absolutely no sense. Unfortunately, IMO, we have another JonBenet Ramsey thing here - mom did it and dad knows something and is covering it up.
    I agree.

deathybrad Guest
    Amen, Sheri.

I heard reports that trace amounts her blood was in the trunk of their rental car. Case closed. What bugs me is the british press are on the parents side. Beckam and plastic Posh Spice as well. I hope they catch them.

3 kids under the age of 5, never mind 14. l have found this case upsetting from day one. poor lovely wee girl.

different kind of girl Guest
    I think her parents were involved too. I found it odd that the mother washed her daughter's stuffed animal two days or so after she was missing. I would never, ever want to wash the thing if it were my daughter's. And yes, the blood in the drunk is just too bizarre. But if they did hide the body, where did they hide it when the police, etc. were on them 24-7? They didn't rent that car until months (?) after she disappeared.

GODDESS6 Guest
    what a cutie she is~ no matter if the parents are guilty or not, who freaking leaves their kids ALONE~ i am a mommy & would NEVER do that not even for a second~ it makes ke so angry!!!~

I don't know many of the details of the case (hadn't heard about blood in the trunk or "boot" if you're from the UK), but I agree that's it was not a bright idea to leave the kids in the room without an adult present. Assuming they didn't do it, just to play Devil's Advocate, it's a very high price to pay. What if some weirdo picked the lock or had a key (worked in the resort)? It would only take a second of taking your eyes off the room door for that to happen. What if one of the kids got up and decided to take a bath and drowned? It only takes a couple of minutes to drown. I've got three kids, and I know my five-year-old can get out of any locked room and can dismantle any complicated electronic device, all within about 30 seconds flat. As much as I sympathsize that the parents may have wanted a quiet meal, most resorts offer babysitting services, and a classier one ought to have vetted personnel for those child minders.

At the very least, that was a bad judgement call and the parents are paying a heavy price for it.
    Last edited by amaranthaseven; 10-21-2007 at 01:07 PM. Reason: left out key word

its made me nauseous from day one the way the father set up his blog which was full of jokey comments and hardly mentioned Madeleine at all.

McCann hating has become a sport in the country!! Poor girl but thousands of kids go missing a year and they don't get a look in and thats very wrong.... i saw the news going back a while and the McCann parents were being applauded while walking down the street?! Applauded for their negligence?!? the mind boggles

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    I cannot add anything except my agreement....
    It was negligent to leave those kids alone..and even if they are suffering for their mistake...they should STILL be held accountable for negligence, if nothing else...

RoRo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by secretsquirrel13 View Post
    I cannot add anything except my agreement....
    It was negligent to leave those kids alone..and even if they are suffering for their mistake...they should STILL be held accountable for negligence, if nothing else...
    I totally agree! These weren't some below average intelligence parents...they knew better than to leave kids alone!! Yes they are suffering, but as one who can't have kids I say they deserve to suffer, their actions caused this no matter if they killed her or not.

monhol Guest
    believe one of the parents killed her and made up a story of a kidnapping. there is a nother couple who claim their daughter was taken from home and she was a baby. the police tapped their home and they did say some strange things. things innocent people do not say.

magblax Guest
    According to FOX World News....

The mother of missing British 4-year-old Madeleine McCann believes she's being persecuted because of her looks, and thinks that if she "had a bigger bosom and looked more maternal, people would be more sympathetic," a London newspaper reported Tuesday.

Wow, I agree...People wouldn't be persecuting her because she decided to leave a 4 year old unattended in a forign country while she and hubby went out to dinner. Naw!

**The DNA they found in the car is still being looked at in a Birmingham Lab.

TrueBlueAngel Guest
    The McCanns are only guilty of neglect, nothing more. The portuguese police have had their theories blown out of the water time after time, because they f**ked up every which way they turned. Kate and Gerry have given everything necessary to the police there and here to help find Maddie, to the point they have said in the last week they accept that she may be dead. They have never behaved in a guilty manner, the public has supported them overwhelmingly here and they have done everything they can to find Maddie. It's a huge story over here.

IMO, I think Maddie was snatched to order, her twin brother and sister were never harmed during that time.
    Guilty of neglect, YES!
    Guilty of murder, NO!

TrueBlueAngel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magblax View Post
    **The DNA they found in the car is still being looked at in a Birmingham Lab.
    The DNA was found to be from the twins, I believe.

kylie80 Guest
    The parents were diffently involved. How else would have someone known that the kids were in the room by themselves unless someone tipped them off?? Whether or not the parents killed her, i dont know, but there were certainly involved.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueAngel View Post
    The McCanns are only guilty of neglect, nothing more. The portuguese police have had their theories blown out of the water time after time, because they f**ked up every which way they turned. Kate and Gerry have given everything necessary to the police there and here to help find Maddie, to the point they have said in the last week they accept that she may be dead. They have never behaved in a guilty manner, the public has supported them overwhelmingly here and they have done everything they can to find Maddie. It's a huge story over here.

IMO, I think Maddie was snatched to order, her twin brother and sister were never harmed during that time.
    Guilty of neglect, YES!
    Guilty of murder, NO!
    if Kate and Gerry were your babysitters, would you hold them accountable
    ? Would you say, " Its ok, she's dead because you left her alone but since you didnt do it, I forgive you. Lets catch the real killer." They arent trying to find the killer, they are trying to PR the British nation into beliving they are innocent.

Its funny how the only people that say they are innocent are Brits. Go brush your teeth and smell the shite!

TrueBlueAngel Guest
    And its funny how its the Americans who say theyre guilty, funny that.

26. 10-22-2007, 12:40 AM
    Reason
    duplicate

TrueBlueAngel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    if Kate and Gerry were your babysitters, would you hold them accountable
    ? Would you say, " Its ok, she's dead because you left her alone but since you didnt do it, I forgive you. Lets catch the real killer." They arent trying to find the killer, they are trying to PR the British nation into beliving they are innocent.
    Yes there is no doubt they are accountable for leaving the kids alone. But I believe they didnt kill her and if im being PR-ed into that, then tough. Innocent til proven guilty but everyone wants to see the bad in everyone regardless of that status. Certainly a lot of people guilty of that. We cant prove either way. But they were certainly highly stupid and irresponsible for leaving them. Innocent or guilty - prove it! Cos none of us can, we can only guess and any of us could be wrong. Thats got nothing to do with being British but thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueAngel View Post
    And its funny how its the Americans who say theyre guilty, funny that.
    no its the whole world. i guess its normal to leave 3 kids alone in a hotel room in Britain. Good innocent average British parents huh? The person who had the room above the parents of the year testified the night before that little Maddie was crying for 70 minutes before someone went to check on her. Maybe someone else did murder her. But her parents action caused her death.Blame the Portugese all you want but it's her parents fault. They deseve it. That little girl deserved better parents.
    Last edited by JefeStone; 10-22-2007 at 12:57 AM.

TrueBlueAngel Guest
    no its the whole world. i guess its normal to leave 3 kids alone in a hotel room in Britain. Good innocent average British parents huh? The person who had the room above the parents of the year testified the night before that little Maddie was crying for 70 minutes before someone went to check on her. Maybe someone else did murder her. But her parents action caused her death.Blame the Portugese all you want but it's her parents fault. They deseve it. That little girl deserved better parents.
    I totally agree, which part of its totally not acceptable and wrong that im saying is people not getting??

I'm British and thats a fairly insulting generalisation like saying all British people have bad teeth ( some do but mine are perfect lol!)
    The parents are a disgrace and deserve everything they are getting but to say this is common practise in Britain isn't very nice.

Its funny how the only people that say they are innocent are Brits. Go brush your teeth and smell the shite!
    the vast majority think they are guilty, its just the few who think they are wonderful which are the same people who applaud them as they walk down the street and say it wasn't there fault.

I'm noticing a very anti British vibe on this thread as well as other threads i have seen on this forum... i'm a big fan of this site and the message boards have been good but i am getting quite angry and upset by the amount of Brit Bashing.

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmama View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that even if they are innocent they should be charged with neglect for leaving the kids alone in the motel room like they did?
    Nope. I have been following this from day one and I think since they can't find anyone else they are blaming them. Granted they should should never have left those kids alone but just like Jon Ben'e Ramsey they are not looking for the people who did this. It is easier to blame the parents.
    They cannot say for sure that the DNA is hers. I read that it could be from one of the twins.
    They like to blame the parents. I don't believe for one minute that these two people waited 3 weeks rented a car dug up their kid and moved the body. They would have left her where she was since the cops didn't find her. It makes no sense for them to do that.
    I think just because they are a nice looking couple and have money that people jump to the guilty verdict just like they did with JBR. I for the life of me can't see where they "looked guilty" from day one . They looked torn apart to me. Trying to keep it together and not wail and scream to the public. The women who did that like that Susan that drove her 3 kids into the lake to drown made all those public pleas with hysterics and she turned out to be the one that did it. The same with the woman that shot her own kids and one lived to tell about it and send her to prison. She also did that hysterics. These people are not going to do that and because of that people think they are aloof and guilty. I think the mother is right..if she dressed like an old woman and wasn't good looking people would be sympathetic towards her.
    They are never going to find that little girl anymore than they found Natalie. This is a town that is not set up to do murder investigations and their DNA is nothing compared to ours. I have heard no more after they sent the DNA to Scottland yard. Has anyone else??

You can bash us back. We are American. We will just invade your country. J/K

i'm not interesting in bashing people for the sake of it

Why would the twins blood be in the cars trunk? It was blood, not simply dna from what I have read.

SlippyInvader Guest
    I don't know what to think, but I always thought the parents were very cold and showed no emotion from day. As times gets on it's highly unlikey they're going to find Madeline dead or alive and it's going to remain as one of those unsolved mysteries.

Sock Puppet Guest
    I think they did it, and the Portuguese police don't have enough evidence to prove it. The PJ has made several mistakes that have ruined the evidence. For example, on the night of Madeleine's disappearance, before they were suspected, the PJ allowed the McCanns to remove their belongings from the apartment to another apartment at the Beach Club, without inspecting what they took. It's very possible that Maddie's body could have already been concealed in a suitcase and carried out right beneath the PJ's noses.

There have been so many red herrings, such as the theory that Gerry wasn't Maddie's biological father (now disproven), that I don't think the PJ will ever be able to prove their case. However, they have enough reason for doubt and enough evidence, neither are they going to completely clear the McCanns of all suspicion. The year will elapse, the McCann's arguido status will expire, and everyone will always wonder if they killed their own daughter, the same way everyone has always wondered about the Ramseys.

Danse Macabre Guest
    I don't know what to believe in this case. I have read about it since the beginning and so far I have no idea if they're guilty of innocent.
    But one thing I agree: what negligent and lousy parents those two are!

They should charge them with manslaughter. If I'm a negligent driver and am responsible for someones death i would get a charge. Same applies here in my opinion.

KristinEileen Guest
    Here's my question. The rental car that they found blood in was rented by the McCann family was rented 20+ days after her dissappearance. Now if the parents had something to do with it, how did they hide the body for such a stretch of time, and what is the possibility that if the parents had nothing to do with it that the person or people who did rented that exact same car?

SuckMyKiss Guest
    I too, believe that the parents had something to do with this. IMHO opinion, I think that her mother, sedated her, to make her sleep whilst they went to dinner, but accidentaly gave her too much. And they just panicked. I don't believe they intentionally meant to kill her. It just pisses me off how everyone is supporting them, when all signs point to them being responsible, I mean people have given millions of pounds to the Find Maddie fund, and they've used to for a free holiday in Portugal and a trip around the world to ''spread awareness''. What also sickens me is, if these people were just normal, working class folk, they would be the worst parents in the world, they would be in court of child neglect, and people would be screaming for the other children to be taken off them, but because they are doctors, and seen as ''important, upholding members of the community'' TRANSLATION : RICH CATHOLIC DOCTORS they are given sympathy, instead of the punishment they deserve. I dunno. Just my tuppence worth. But the news coverage is annoying me now. No one will ever find out what really happened unless they find her body, or one of them confesses.

SuckMyKiss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KristinEileen View Post
    Here's my question. The rental car that they found blood in was rented by the McCann family was rented 20+ days after her dissappearance. Now if the parents had something to do with it, how did they hide the body for such a stretch of time, and what is the possibility that if the parents had nothing to do with it that the person or people who did rented that exact same car?
    They didn't just find blood in the car, they sent in Cadaver Dogs, in the house and the apartment who detected traces of a corpse, aswell as bodily fluids and blood.

They are saying that the Mccanns buried Maddie in a temporary grave, before dumping her body at sea. And they were also searching the church, as the Mccanns were given a key to it so they could come and go as they pleased, to ''pray''. So there is a suspicion they may have hid the body there.

Sorry If im coming across as a uber geek on this subject here, just, I live in England and it's on the news like 24/7. You can't get away from it, unfortunately.

different kind of girl Guest
    I've read that about the parents having access to the church as well. I think it's entirely pausible that they hid the body there. They could've gotten "help" from any number of sources, why not a religous one? I also think the Mom tried to sedate her so they could have a fun night with the adults and accidentally killed her. God, even if they're never proven guilty, imagine the guilt they're living with. and again, I just find it odd the mother washed that toy so soon after Madeline vanished. I'd never, ever wash it.

SuckMyKiss Guest
    Yeah and how she carries the cat everywhere with her, like she doesn't want anyone to get hold of it. They also detected traces of a corpse on Kate Mccanns clothes, but of course, she had the excuse that she is a doctor, and had been in the prescence of some of her patients who died in the weeks before. If they never get charged it's a disgrace. The Grandfather of Maddie has already admitted that Kate Mccann couldn't cope with her and sometimes sedated her. The Portugese justice system is so eff'd up. If the parents had just put their hands up and said ''It was an accident'' then ok, it's bad, but getting rid of the body, and then milking the whole sympathy act, getting to travel the world for free, and letting people donate millions, is just sick. Really really sick. I mean how could you do that to your child? Not even give her a dignified funeral. Just dumping her somewhere. Horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by SuckMyKiss View Post
    Yeah and how she carries the cat everywhere with her, like she doesn't want anyone to get hold of it. They also detected traces of a corpse on Kate Mccanns clothes, but of course, she had the excuse that she is a doctor, and had been in the prescence of some of her patients who died in the weeks before. If they never get charged it's a disgrace. The Grandfather of Maddie has already admitted that Kate Mccann couldn't cope with her and sometimes sedated her. The Portugese justice system is so eff'd up. If the parents had just put their hands up and said ''It was an accident'' then ok, it's bad, but getting rid of the body, and then milking the whole sympathy act, getting to travel the world for free, and letting people donate millions, is just sick. Really really sick. I mean how could you do that to your child? Not even give her a dignified funeral. Just dumping her somewhere. Horrible.
    Great post! The UK isn't too different from us in regard to this travesty. Just like over here in the USA, social class and / or money buys you a seperate Justice system. See Ted Kennedy at Chappaquidick, OJ and good old Phil Spector to name a few. From DUI to Murder in the First, money talks in court. Poor little Maddie. God bless her.

stacebabe Guest
    Yes, I absolutely believe they BOTH had something to do with it. The first thought that pops into my head is they gave her some sort of medication to make her sleepy so they could go out, and it went too far and she OD'd on it.

And even if they didn't murder her, or cause her death or whatever - what kind of people would leave their child unattended in ANOTHER COUNTRY while they ate dinner? I have a 3 year old and a 5 year old, and my god! I cannot imagine leaving them alone in a hotel while my husband and I went out to eat! Ack!

Quote Originally Posted by attackatdawn View Post
    Four-year-old Madeleine McCann from Rothley, Leicestershire, disappeared on May 3 during a holiday with her parents in the Algarve region of southern Portugal.

Honestly I did not hear about this case until I seen it on the internet, I guess cause I am from the US. This is so sad do you think the parents had anything to do with her disappearance?

Mrs. Watson Guest
    When I first read about this case, all I could think was, WTF? I have been to my share of resorts and any that are child friendly offer baby-sitting, childcare on site or referals to nannies. Who leaves their children alone in a hotel room in a strange country no matter how close you are? Keep in mind, these are well educated wealthy people at a fairly posh resort. If they wanted an adult vacation, they should have left the children at home with Gran and Pops.

I think the mom overdosed the poor girl and then they disposed of her body. I think she washed the cat was because it had some sort of body fluids on it that could be revealing.

The only Brit I ever bash is the one I'm married to! Oh and Britney Spears.
    Last edited by Mrs. Watson; 10-28-2007 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Had to add Brit Brit

i'd like to think before the mccann's returned home their home was comprehensively bugged by the authorities. that would prove once and for all if they had any involvement.

i'd be wary of the legality of the use of any findings using this method but maybe someone other than the perpetrator/s know the truth.

susalu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by death_hag_slag View Post
    the vast majority think they are guilty, its just the few who think they are wonderful which are the same people who applaud them as they walk down the street and say it wasn't there fault.

I'm noticing a very anti British vibe on this thread as well as other threads i have seen on this forum... i'm a big fan of this site and the message boards have been good but i am getting quite angry and upset by the amount of Brit Bashing.
    i haven't noticed it, but then i haven't been looking for it either... that sort of behavior is despicable, and unfortunately you will find it anywhere, worldwide, not just in americans... don't judge the board by ignorant posts... put the offenders on ignore, and if it's really bad, report them... nick won't put up with blatantly offensive posts...

i love lots of things british! especially little britain, jane austen, all sorts of entertainers, masterpiece theatre and changing rooms... don't sweat it...

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by susalu View Post
    i haven't noticed it, but then i haven't been looking for it either... that sort of behavior is despicable, and unfortunately you will find it anywhere, worldwide, not just in americans... don't judge the board by ignorant posts... put the offenders on ignore, and if it's really bad, report them... nick won't put up with blatantly offensive posts...

i love lots of things british! especially little britain, jane austen, all sorts of entertainers, masterpiece theatre and changing rooms... don't sweat it...

Susan
    I went back through the posts in this thread, and I only saw one person bashing Brits in a way that had nothing to do with the thread, aka cheap, inaccurate shots. It might be nice if that person would apologize, but they might not feel the need to do so.

I'd second what Susalu said, and report anything you see as inappropriate and offensive. I'd also suggest it's a little unfair to generalize the rest of the board based on individuals. I certainly don't agree with what was said.

Cheers,
    Amy

tngirl1967 Guest
    In regards to the parents both being doctors....it has crossed my mind that maybe their medical knowledge would have aided them in disposing/storing a body for a while. I agree with everybody else it is too similar to the Ramsey's for me. I quit following the story when I saw how the Portugese police were basically ruining whatever thorough investigation could every possibly take place. So much time has passed now if they did do it, all traces of evidence could be completely gone.
    Also, is it not a bit convenient that they have the excuse of being physicians to cover contact with a cadaver? Convenient that DNA can be mixed up with the twin's or with Madeleine's clothes and other personal belongings transported? Everything is just too easily disregarded because they are physicians in another country with poor investigative methods. All very, well, convenient.