Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What're You Doing Right Now?

Fixing to moderate. May play games or watch an episode of Eight Is Enough on Tubi. I'm on the 5th and last season. I want to watch Family (with Kristy McNicol) next.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

On my way to work. Got up at the crack of nope to pick up my food handlers card. Yay.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Fixing to watch one of the last episodes of Eight Is Enough.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just finished breakfast at Panera, about to refill my coffee and head to work. Up at the crack of nope again, this time to do the videos and testing needed for my promotion. I wanted to get the food handlers done first because without it I get an unscheduled and unpaid vacation. And my GM says I don't get paroled that easy, heck I come with the store now. ROFL!

"I just go here!"

Thinking of maybe writing, and been crying today. Mom had another stroke, I found out yesterday as well as hearing about Cindyt passing...it's been a not so good day today.

Sending hugs, PK. I'm currently off work and waiting on GF to get off so we can go home together. Unless I'm in super early and she's not, we usually go to and from work together.

"I just go here!"

hugs Ria

Finished folding a load of laundry, had brunch and meds, about to shower and go run a few errands.

GF doesn't mind doing the actual putting clothes in the washer, switching them to the dryer, and pulling them out of the dryer but hates folding and hanging them up. I don't mind folding or hanging up, but unless we have a front-loading washing machine, I am such a tiny terror that I can't reach to switch clothes from washer to dryer. *blushy cheeks* So we have our own system with laundry and it's been working.

"I just go here!"

I am eating breakfast, about to game and not sure what else.

Lying in bed, listening to the rain. About to get up, make a small sandwich, and take meds.

After a pulmonary embolism almost gave me my own thread here on Valentine's Day, the doctor put me on a blood thinner twice a day. Weekdays I do okay keeping to a schedule with it because of work. Weekends are harder.

"I just go here!"

Ria, you better take those pills ! LOL, I can't scold you as I have a hard time remembering to take mine on the regular. Anyway I just woke up my insomnia is back has been for three months, It keeps me away all night and then I sleep during the day for a few hours. Right now I am modding, pming someone, may read or work on my book later, not sure yet. Send some rain my way Ria, we need a little bit more here.

Oh I take them. My GF ensures I do. She said in the beginning, "I just got you. I don't want to lose you now. Please. Take your meds. For me if not for you."

"I just go here!"

smart lady, Ria I dont want to lose another friend

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    smart lady, Ria I dont want to lose another friend
    She's a keeper. I'm not going anywhere if I can help it.

"I just go here!"

You better not. Right now I just woke up it's almost midnight here. My sleep has been way off, has been for months, right now I am modding, about to read and hopefully sleep somemore.

Right now? I'm still in shock. Earlier my girlfriend proposed. I said YES! If you're on my FB, she posted it there and tagged me after. This time around it is SO much better and healthier. Wifey-to-be has NONE of the jealousy toward my friends like the ex did. I'm on cloud nine.

"I just go here!"

congrats!

Thank you! And yes she's still getting after me about eating, taking meds, and getting in to the doctor for my well woman checkup that's due this year....that's what I get, getting engaged to a former paramedic. LOL.

"I just go here!"

Can't sleep, been awake since about 5am Central time. Been finalizing moving plans, my fiancee and I got the keys to our first apartment together yesterday morning. Furniture will be delivered Wednesday morning, and we will move in either that night or by the weekend.

It's a small little one bedroom, one bath but it's perfect for just us two. It's got new laminate flooring throughout that resembles hardwood floor, new carpet in the bedroom, and two of the windows have wide ledges perfect for kitties who like to be in the window.

Y'all, I will SO glad to get out of where we are. Our roommate is a nice guy, very gentlemanly towards us, but the condition of the house is not good. Bugs and cats overrunning the house, insulation everywhere. I'm constantly sneezing and runny nose because of the insulation. Once I leave the house in the mornings for work I'm perfectly fine.

My cat is not thrilled to be one of over a dozen. Of all the cats, she's the only one NOT feral. After one of the cats had kittens on April Fool's Day, my fiancee picked out the only snowshoe kitten (resembles a short haired Ragdoll) and got her adjusted to people, so I'll have my kitty and she will have hers.

"I just go here!"

Ria, I am so happy for you, I'm taking a break from being on the phone all day with my mom's sisters trying to get funeral information for mom so we can all send flowers.

Just waking up, admining, also waiting on Fedex to deliver the memorial teddy bear, that has a charm with mom's fingerprint on it, that I am going to wear on my necklace.

That is lovely.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

THank you Mansfield,
    I got the bear in and it's so cute, the hole in the charm is to small to fit on my necklace, so I'll leave it on the teddy bear and get a charm from them that would fit on my necklace with mom's fingerprint. RIght now just checking in even though I am supposed to be taking time off and bed rest, I have been crying so much over mom, not getting enough sleep and barely eating I made myself sick from grief.

Take care of yourself PK, it's not easy I know. When I was younger I used to think I hope I am much older when it happens to them, I will be able to handle it better. I was in my early 60's when it did. It does not matter how old you are it still a major loss. I miss them every day. What gets me through is I know they are in a better place, and keep an eye on me. That helps.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Sending you all the hugs, PK.

Right now I'm relaxing and modding. Fiancee is occupied on the phone so her kitten, Demi (yes after Lovato) is all over me. Demi whined and cried a lot the first couple of days here. She missed her littermates but has adjusted well to having two mommas. Neither she nor Ella are thrilled to be sisters, but hopefully they'll come around eventually and at least stop hissing at each other.

"I just go here!"

Thanks both of you for the kind words, awww Demi sounds adorable Ria, Mansfield, I agree it doesn't get easy. Right now just popped on for a moment, to check in, been sleeping alot and binge watching shows, right now I am binge watchint Shameless.

We're here, PK. I'm only a text away, and if it will lift your spirits I can send you pictures of Demi, the Tiniest Terror.

I was originally going to do laundry, but Wifey-to-be wants to wash her backpack she takes to work, so we will wait till Monday afternoon. I took the day off with PTO so I could go for my well-woman checkup. Wifey-to-be put her foot down and insisted I go. *sighs deeply* If the exam is traumatizing, as I think it will be since it will be more invasive because of reasons, a mundane task is actually what I'll need to be able to refocus. After my reward at Starbucks immediately after the appointment.

"I just go here!"

Ria thank you and hope all went well at the appointment. Right now admining.

Ehhhhhhh.....when we described what's been going on, Dr C opted NOT to do the exam that day. She referred me to a URO/GYN. That appointment is 8/21. I did appreciate Dr C taking my history of trauma into account. She said she didn't want to put me through THAT exam more than necessary.

She did need a swab to be sure nothing immediately needed attention, but she let Wifey-to-be do it. I did get bloodwork done, they tested me for everything under the sun.

The biggest thing though was for the first time ai felt I could be 100% honest about my mental health diagnoses, and neither Dr C nor her nurse batted an eye when I mentioned I have DID.

"I just go here!"

And the test results came back. My cholesterol is higher than they'd like, so I'm on Lipitor for it, at least 3 months. I don't eat a whole lot of fried foods, and the pharmacist said sometimes the liver just makes extra cholesterol. *shrugs shoulders*

I have a very common, but minor, infection downstairs and that's being treated with antibiotics. Oral, thank God. But my nurse friend tells me the antibiotic will cause tummy issues so yay. So I'll need to do a delivery order for lemonade since that seems to settle my tummy. Yay.

"I just go here!"

I am glad it went well and sorry to hear that you are having issues, right now I am modding and about to watch chicago med

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    Hey! I just realized today is the 15th anniversary of the day I joined this FAD board! Wish Cindy was still here, as well as some of the other "old timers" that are no longer with us. But shout outs to the other members who joined around the same time I did. And you know who you are! LOL!
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

woot what tha, Happy FAD anniversary to you, I actually joined in 2007 then was gone for a bit and came back and it put me as being here in 2008 but ah well. Right now modding, have therapy today and then ACA meeting, (adult children of alcholics and dysfunctional families) , I'm also crying one moment and then angry the next, grief counsler says is because I am going through two of the grief stages at once, and I said I think three LOL, part of me is in denial that my mom is gone, then I get angry, then just break down crying.

Not wanting to go to work today. Went in a little after 8, and didn't get off till after 5. Tired. Starting tomorrow, unless I have a ride I have to be off by 4:30, last bus for home is at 4:50.

"I just go here!"

Missing mom like crazy right now. Am watching Only Murders In The Building and wanted to pick up the phone and call her and tell her about the show. Then I remembered why I couldnt

Sending hugs, PK. I'm here you know.

Right now I'm enjoying the wiffy, as Schmoo calls WiFi. FINALLY got it installed the other day. You'd think being in a college town, we would have no issue getting an Internet service provider. WRONG. We wanted T-Mobile as it would have been tacked on to my phone bill, but they don't have enough towers to service us. We've got Mediacom for now, until we can get fiber.

Cutest thing? She named our connection "Tell My WiFi Love Her." *swoons*

"I just go here!"

Ria, yeah you would think Tmobile would have enough towers, we wanted AT&T like we had at our other place, we had very fast internet, and hardly any dropping or issues, we had to get cox when we moved here, and it sucks, connection always dropping and speed not so great. Right now I am preparing for this storm that is about to hit us, thankfully we aren't in the direct path at the most we'll get a lot of rain and wind, but we could also have power outage.

You'd think. *shrugs shoulders*

Right now I'm drinking. It's my reward for doing what I needed to today. I had a doctor appointment, it was that visit everyone with a female body needs yet no one wants. I don't think I have to elaborate on that.

But I got through it with my wifey-to-be holding my hand and reminding me to breathe. The doctor was extra gentle with me and it was over quickly. I'm definitely in perimenopause. When the test results come back we will see if I need hormones. The mood swings and irritability isn't fair on wifey-to-be, who has done nothing to warrant that behavior. We will see.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    You'd think. *shrugs shoulders*

Right now I'm drinking. It's my reward for doing what I needed to today. I had a doctor appointment, it was that visit everyone with a female body needs yet no one wants. I don't think I have to elaborate on that.

But I got through it with my wifey-to-be holding my hand and reminding me to breathe. The doctor was extra gentle with me and it was over quickly. I'm definitely in perimenopause. When the test results come back we will see if I need hormones. The mood swings and irritability isn't fair on wifey-to-be, who has done nothing to warrant that behavior. We will see.
    I do hope everything turns out good for you. I'm kinda looking forward to menopause in away but then again I'm not sure I want to deal with hot flashes. I already get warm enough as it is.

Currently I'm in bed sorta watching this series on Netflix called 28 days haunted and it's not getting my interest at all. It's almost midnight here so I may just say f it and go to bed lol.

I watched 28 days haunted, It was okay. Right now just admining. About to go read.

CindyT passed away???? When did this happen???? OMG!!!!!
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Yeah Tony, she passed in June. She had been messaging me over FB about a novel she was writing, her main character had dissociative identity disorder like me and she wanted a factual representation. I noticed she had stopped messaging me, and a few days later I saw her sister tag her in a post asking for prayers for Cindy. Cindy was sick but I forget what it was she had. She will be missed, she was one of the closest friends I have made on this board. The other is PKSTRACY. They both had my cell number and could text me any time.

What am I doing right now? Laughing at wifey-to-be. We went for alcohol after work. They had single shot bottles of pumpkin spice RumChata, 2/$3. She bought one for each of us. I said I'd put mine in my coffee in the morning. She looked at me and asked, "What color ARE you?" Hey. I may be brown. And I may not like pumpkin pie itself, but I DO like pumpkin spice flavored stuff. And I'll eat our pumpkin pie concrete at work.

"I just go here!"

LOL Ria that was funny, Tony, it was a shock to me as well when I got the news about Cindy, it was June 6..I don't know what caused it, I know she sent me a message two days before saying she wasn't feeling well and might be headed to the E.R. she then texted back and said nevermind, I am okay. I do know that she had covid, got over it, but also had long covid, she also had some other health issues that I am not at liberty to discuss as she never said I could or didn't mention them here.

The only health issue I was ever aware of was her diabetes. And then the Covid. She never talked to me about anything else going on.

Right now I'm taking a break from reading. Amazon first reads (the free book you get a month as a Prime customer) got me a book I devoured in days...then find out there's three more in the series. I'm on the third one. It's about a survivor who has DID only she doesn't realize that's what it is. The first book is called The Fireproof Girl, by Loretta Lost.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    CindyT passed away???? When did this happen???? OMG!!!!!
    I just found out the other day too I was shocked and sad. ☹️

Currently having iced coffee and playing monopoly go as the show catfish plays in the background lol.

Just got home from work. Had to go to Walmart after to pick up my meds and OMG was there a line. Also picked up a few more things we forgot at the store last night, and found elote (Mexican street corn) flavored Cheetos. Well I had to get a bag to try them. If wifey-to-be is too tired to make dinner I may make a sandwich and have some.

"I just go here!"

Taking a break from making my Dungeons and Dragons Characters hubby and I are going to play tonight and tomorrow.

Getting ready for bed and hoping I can sleep. My stupid wrist to my shoulder is killing me again.