Thread: Doris Day

Goodbye from your sister, Doodah.

I feel as if I have lost a friend. All the movies and music and memories that will last a lifetime. Thank you Doris, bless you.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

The best Calamity Jane ever .RIP x

Quote Originally Posted by artymorty View Post
    The best Calamity Jane ever .RIP x
    Very true. I grew up watching that film and my party piece as a child was Black Hills. Unlike the so called stars of today she was someone who did shine and it's sad she'll no longer be here. Hopefully she'll be with Terry now. R.I.P.

She was part of that golden age. I think it was MGM who said they had more stars than in Heaven. Gable, Tracy, Hepburn, Crawford the list is endless. Who have we got today? No one who could live up to those names.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

The girl next door is no more. RIP

A class act all the way.

Thank you for everything. Especially, all that you did for the animals.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

RIP.

Day’s net worth estimated near $200 million at the time of her death

Had Day recovered all the money her late husband and attorney squandered, it would be easy to see how Day’s estate would exceed $200 million (Celebrity Net Worth’s estimate). However, the loss of that cash in the ’60s changed things.
    Day’s television work and publishing successes in the ’70s could have restored a good chunk of that wealth. Meanwhile, Day’s real estate investments look brilliant in retrospect. (Her purchase of a 10-acre estate in Carmel for $300,000 in 1978 stands out among them.)
    Regardless of the exact figures, it’s clear Day was comfortable and likely had tens of millions in assets at the time of her passing. Given her love for animals and the land she set aside as a rescue/refuge, we’ll probably learn her furry friends are going to be well cared for after her passing.
    From an American sweetheart on the level of Day, we wouldn’t expect anything less.