Thread: Dutch Motivational Speaker Fails To Become Younger

Dutch Motivational Speaker Fails To Become Younger

In another odd news story this week not involving politics, I see that a 69 year-old Dutch motivational speaker has lost his bid to be legally declared 49 years of age:

Last month, motivational speaker Emile Ratelband filed a lawsuit against the Dutch government requesting that his date of birth be switched from March 11, 1949, to March 11, 1969.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Age.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	54753

His motivation?
    Why to get more dates on Tinder, as you do:

“I feel much younger than my age, I am a young god, I can have all the girls I want but not after I tell them that I am 69,” Ratelband told AFP. “I feel young, I am in great shape and I want this to be legally recognized because I feel abused, aggrieved and discriminated against because of my age.”

He compared his attempt to turn back the clock to identifying as transgender:

“We live in a time when you can change your name and change your gender. Why can’t I decide my own age?” he asked, according to the BBC.

Ultimately, the court made a pragmatic decision:

“Amending his date of birth would cause 20 years of records to vanish from the register of births, deaths, marriages and registered partnerships. This would have a variety of undesirable legal and societal implications,” the court said, according to the New York Post.

So there, Mr. Ratelband; one cannot just legally change their age, they can however still lie about it without court approval.

Now I'm having second thoughts about my plan to have my height legally declared 6'6"; and certain appendages legally declared, "Massive".

Here's the link to the story:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dutch-cou...171623175.html
    Last edited by JimC; 12-04-2018 at 06:04 PM.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Great thread title, Jim.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Reminds me of a story. At a small town not far from me they have a monthly get together in the nice weather months. Anyone with talent can show up and play. (generally 1-4 people/groups show up). I enjoy going.

A guy shows up and I start talking to him. He tells me he is 90 years old. No way I would have ever guessed that old. He told me he used to travel playing all around but has to stick around close now. Not up to the travel like he once was. Anyway he tells me the story about playing somewhere the month before. He says "these two young blondes walk in and I decided to go talk to them". He says "they tell me that they are 75 and the one just lost her husband". He then notes "they always have to note that they recently lost their husband".

He says, "When I told them I was 90, they were no longer interested". He then says............."time goes by so fast, it's hard to believe it's been 5 years since I lost my wife".

Great story - maybe when those girls get a little older and more mature, they won't be such teasers.

I have a friend who is a pharmacist.
    One of his regular customers was about 88 years old and his doctor ordered the guy to stop driving - wasn't safe with his age and his eyesight.

So he gets a friend of his to start driving him around town.
    A friend who is about 90 something years old.

One day both gentlemen walked into the pharmacy saying that they needed some medical advice.
    Seems the oldest guy was getting pretty nervous about driving, the younger guy was getting scared to ride with him; they were hoping my friend could suggest a medication for courage.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.