Thread: Geoffrey Hayes - Actor & Rainbow Presenter

Geoffrey Hayes - Actor & Rainbow Presenter

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...ldhood-impact/

I just saw on Sky that the actor/presenter Geoffrey Hayes has died of pneumonia at the age of 76. The name won't mean much to anyone outside the UK but if you were a kid during the 70s-90s, he was very familiar.

While he was an actor appearing in the likes of Z Cars, he was mostly known for the pre-school show Rainbow which ran from 1974-1992.

Even now, all these years later, I'm not 100% sure what the hell it was about but it took place in the Rainbow house where he stayed alongside George the Pink Hippo, Bungle the Bear and Zippy the....something.

There was also an adult episode which was made for the TV channel's xmas tape but was leaked and is now on YT.

Ah, I was confused momentarily (as an American) by the term "presenter," which is mostly not used here.

I was all like, "Well, what the hell is a rainbow presenter?"

"Sir, would you like a rainbow?"

RIP
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

RIP.

It was one of those lunchtime programmes you watched when you were off sick (or skiving) from school.

Pipkins was another one. lol.
    My profile picture and avatar are pictures of the lovely Agnetha Fältskog from ABBA, not me. I am a man, and an admirer of her. Friend proposers take note!

4. 12-26-2018, 06:31 PM