Thread: Rapper Mac Miller overdose

Rapper Mac Miller overdose

If only he could have hung on for one more year.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Ariana Grande who he dated is getting a lot of the blame for it to the point she has had to shut off her Instagram comments.

It's a horrible way to see anyone die and while he didn't have mass appeal, he did have talent. He was supposed to have got clean but obviously not and he paid the price many have before him.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    Ariana Grande who he dated is getting a lot of the blame for it to the point she has had to shut off her Instagram comments.
    Of course she is. It's always a woman's fault when a man engages in self destructive behavior.

Robin William's daughter was blamed for his suicide. Freddie Prinze Sr.'s estranged wife was blamed for his suicide.
    Philip Seymour Hoffman's wife was blamed for his OD. Asia Argento for Anthony Bourdain, it goes on and on.

But when a woman goes off the rails or commits suicide, the guy isn't usually blamed, thinking of Mick Jagger and L'Wren Scott, Jim Carrey and Cathriona White.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Of course she is. It's always a woman's fault when a man engages in self destructive behavior.

Robin William's daughter was blamed for his suicide. Freddie Prinze Sr.'s estranged wife was blamed for his suicide.
    Philip Seymour Hoffman's wife was blamed for his OD. Asia Argento for Anthony Bourdain, it goes on and on.

But when a woman goes off the rails or commits suicide, the guy isn't usually blamed, thinking of Mick Jagger and L'Wren Scott, Jim Carrey and Cathriona White.
    THIS!

Especially Cathriona. She did choose suicide, Carrey didnâ??t force her to do it, but the cause-effect relationship was clearly implied.

Grande made an interesting statement months back via social media, saying she was not Macâ??s mother nor responsible for him (not) getting his shit together. Perhaps itâ??s fair to say he was despondent over her, but unfair to say â??itâ??s her faultâ?.

Sounds like dude had talent and a future. RIP.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Far gone are the days of getting dumped, getting drunk and beating the crap out of the new boyfriend. Might spend a few days in city or county, but there was not this system of blanket policy policing. Shame.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

8. 09-08-2018, 09:17 PM
    Reason
    posted wrong message.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post

True, it's something you see all the time when it comes to things like this. Rather than point the finger at the person who chose to do what they did, it's pointed at the woman and she becomes demonised. This is all over an alleged rumour going around and because it's online it obviously has to be true. She is also getting grief for not staying with and helping him with his issues, something it's clear she did try to do but unless he was willing to help himself there wasn't much that could be done.

Mac has the horrific distinction of being the 40th former client of mine to die. He was with me for 3 months back in 2016 when I worked at The Hills. Heartbreaking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post

It's a horrible way to see anyone die and while he didn't have mass appeal, he did have talent. He was supposed to have got clean but obviously not and he paid the price many have before him.
    True, stop trying to blame his ex-girlfriend for everything bad
    that happened in his young life.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Mac has the horrific distinction of being the 40th former client of mine to die. He was with me for 3 months back in 2016 when I worked at The Hills. Heartbreaking.
    Sorry to hear this, itâ??s tragic. No doubt all 40 clients had their own reasons and demons, but do you notice any similarities among them (versus those who remain recovered)? Your perspective is unique and invaluable.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Sorry it took so long to answer. The one underlying denominator with all of my past clients who passed was this: They thought they "had it". 9 times out of 10, when someone overdoses it's because they pick up where they left off. I will have 11 years sober in January but it I started using again, in short order my tolerance will grow and I will be dead for sure. All I have is a daily reprieve.

DIED FROM FENTANYL, COCAINE - Found in Praying Position

http://www.tmz.com/2018/11/05/mac-mi...ology-coroner/

Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Sorry it took so long to answer. The one underlying denominator with all of my past clients who passed was this: They thought they "had it". 9 times out of 10, when someone overdoses it's because they pick up where they left off. I will have 11 years sober in January but it I started using again, in short order my tolerance will grow and I will be dead for sure. All I have is a daily reprieve.
    Thanks for this! To clarify two things - when they thought they â??had itâ?, do you mean they thought their bodies were capable of sustaining an intense high whereas they overdosed instead? Or, they â??had itâ? meaning they were special, talented, set apart, not as vulnerable as a â??regularâ? person?
    And, youâ??re saying *if* you started using again, the disease (like alcoholism) would not be â??betterâ?, itâ??d simply pick up where you last left off? You are not using again, youâ??re just sayin. Congrats on the years of sobriety and your work helping others.

Ariana was blamed for this because she was showing off her new boyfriend/fiance and rubbed it in Mac's face. Not saying that i do think that's she the one to blame but she did hurt him with her new boo, now ex and her mean hearted tweets.

Its sad he OD'd he was a good guy, always humble and down to earth.

Again, apologies for the late response. When I say that they "had it", I mean that people think they have the dis-ease of addiction under control. I was always taught that when I think I've got it, it's got me. All we have is a daily reprieve. That's why this addict (me) keeps it in the day.

Got it. Makes sense. Thank you!!

Juice WRLD, Pop Smoke and Mac Miller: Rap Stars Who
    Died Young Are Among the Biggest Albums of the Year

https://www.wsj.com/articles/juice-w...ar-11596639454