Thread: Burt Reynolds

Burt Reynolds

Just finished up chopping some chicken tonight for stir fry and come back, go to my newsfeed and, wham. Red line news on top is usually not good news. I know he has been in bad health for a bit. Saw a lot of his movies at the Drive in. RIP.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

RIP Bandit.................................

Oh no! RIP.

Who can ever forget Deliverance.
    Last edited by Leasie; 09-06-2018 at 01:01 PM.

This is another one of these where it was and wasn't a surprise. You only had to look at pictures of him over the last few years to see his health was declining and he was getting ever so frail. I know many remember him for his film career and rightly so but some of my favourite performances of his was his voice work. He played two great characters in both GTA and Saints Row games. My favourite though was when he voiced Charlie the German Shepherd in All Dogs Go to Heaven, a film I still can't watch to this day without bursting into tears even though I'm well into my 30s.

R.I.P Burt.
    Last edited by Shellie; 09-06-2018 at 12:55 PM.

No bigger star in the 70s. RIP.

Loved him so much. RIP Sir.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Young-Burt-Reynolds II.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	54712

BURT REYNOLDS was one the biggest stars in the 1970s. I liked him best in comedies. He was in a lot of average films, good at the box office but lacking in any substance. He seemed to be more a personality than an actor in that in roles you could often see the real guy underneath. STARTING OVER was IMO one of his best films. Very funny performance. I also thought he was great in BOOGiE NIGHTS for which he was nominated for an Academy Award.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

He seemed to me like a funny person, and a joyful one, and a genuine one. He had a wonderful laugh. He has done many things but I remember fondly when he played God in an episode of "The X-Files". I could tell that Gillian Anderson was *just barely* containing her laughter at his antics. RIP

RIP, Burt.
    I saw a lot of his movies and remember him being a frequent guest on Carson.
    Seemed like a pretty happy\funny guy.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

RIP Burt.

he made it cool to chew gum

Sad news. The first time I saw him was in Dan August, then he was everywhere. Great guy, witty and always charming. RIP Sir.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

He had the greatest laugh. He's definitely going to be missed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

He was smart in leaving his Son out of the will, but forming a Trust, with pert near everything in it, to him.

I know he wasn't "well", but man this just makes me sick every time I think about it.
    We made a trip to Hollywood this past August and my daughter couldn't pass this one up:
    My Posse's On Broadway

Cute picture. I haven't been to LA in decades, never made it to the Star Walk.

RIP Burt

Another one, composting with the famous.

21. 12-23-2018, 11:53 AM

https://www.newsnationnow.com/entert...s-bronze-bust/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Burt-Reynolds gravestone and bust.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	55237

They have a gravestone and memorial bust at his grave now. Of all people, Loni spoke (along with their adopted son)! If attendees pressed their ears to the ground, they may've heard Burt turning over in his urn. Clearly Burt was either trusting (or naive) enough not to read any legal document he signed, which is very unfortunate.

The following are quotes from a December 2015 Vanity Fair article, Burt Reynolds Isn’t Broke, but He’s Got a Few Regrets. Based on what Burt mentions in this article, it's possible Loni showed up to dance over his grave as much as to speak over it.

“The Countess,” as Reynolds called his new bride, “bought everything in triplicate. China. Diamonds. Designer gowns. She’d pay $10,000 a pop for the dress. And being ‘the Countess,’ she’d only wear them once because, you know, she couldn’t possibly wear a dress after it had been photographed. She’d say, ‘I have to dress like a star, Burt.’ ” When he gave his new bride an American Express Platinum Card, Reynolds says, she maxed out the $45,000 credit limit. In 30 minutes.

Even after Burt-and-Loni finally imploded, in 1993, allegations of assault, substance abuse, and infidelity—he was carrying on with a cocktail waitress, Loni claimed—fueled the mother of all divorce-court battles. The couple’s pre-nuptial agreement stipulated that they would separately retain their respective assets; in the event of divorce, each person would take only that which he or she had owned or earned. Since Reynolds had been worth more going into the marriage—$15 million to Anderson’s $1 million—the agreement benefited him.

But the devil was in the small print again: if the couple had a child, “Loni may elect, at her sole option, to have this Agreement be of no force and effect.”
    According to the terms of their divorce settlement, as reported by TMZ, Reynolds now owed Anderson $234,794.13 plus $9,000 a month to cover the mortgage on her $1.9 million house. These outlays, coupled with the $47,000 a month Reynolds had spent on lawyers and divorce-related expenses over the previous year, reduced his net worth to $5 million.

By 1996, his debts were such that CBS sued him for failure to repay a $3.7 million loan. He owed more to a raft of creditors and lenders that included Loni Anderson, two major banks, and all three marquee talent agencies—CAA, ICM, and William Morris, each of which had once represented him.

The
    [December 2014 auction of much of Burt's possessions and memorabilia] roughly coincided with Loni Anderson’s latest legal claim against him: Reynolds reportedly still owed her $97,000. The court ordered Reynolds to pay her the whole nut, plus $57,000 in accrued interest.

loved him on The Golden Girls!