Thread: katie stubblefield

katie stubblefield

Hi pals - excuse me if this is supposed to be merged with a thread, and please do so, mods. I've shadowed these boards for a decade, such an inspiring group. So, maybe you-all can surmise: why would a personable young lady such as Ms. Stubblefield, shoot herself in the face? We all had our adolescent traumas (mine took place in the 70s) but why would her go-to be that method? Sorry to be ghoulish x A

Hi Amelia.

Suicide is often an impulsive act:

You take a handful of pills.
    You jump off of a bridge.
    You tie one end of a rope to a tree, the other end around your neck; get into your car and speed away - that sort of thing.

If she had been forced to take the time and rig something up so that she could shoot herself in the back of the head, well; she might still be here today.

Or; she might have just jumped off of a bridge.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by ameliazc View Post
    Hi pals - excuse me if this is supposed to be merged with a thread, and please do so, mods. I've shadowed these boards for a decade, such an inspiring group. So, maybe you-all can surmise: why would a personable young lady such as Ms. Stubblefield, shoot herself in the face? We all had our adolescent traumas (mine took place in the 70s) but why would her go-to be that method? Sorry to be ghoulish x A
    Katie was not famous before she shot herself. Therefore she doesn't qualify for Other Notables. So I moved here.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Is she the one that had the face transplant?

Quote Originally Posted by ameliazc View Post
    It could be that there was something that had been going on over time that no one knew about and it was something she had planned out or as Jim said, it could have been a spur of the moment decision which is the case a lot of the time. I obviously can't speak for anyone else but with me, that was what happened. I was going through a lot and had been for years. Looking back I should have talked to someone but I bottled it up until I blew. Beforehand, I would never have even contemplated it but one day, this voice popped into my head saying if you want all this to stop, there is only one way for that to happen. In hindsight, I came to realise that wasn't the case but at the time I truly believed it and decided if it meant I wouldn't have to deal and go through another day of the pain I felt it was the only option.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Is she the one that had the face transplant?
    Yeah, she was on a morning TV show here last week being interviewed. She was talking but it just came out as mumbles and you could see from the way her parents were sitting that they weren't comfortable.

Thanks Shellc, I too have been there, I actually heard a voice in my head saying, take all your pills then I was like yeah but what if it hurts and I start throwing up and go into convulsions, then the voice said, there is your robe take the belt and do a Robin Williams, I said to the voice yeah but what if it hurts and it doesn't work, then the voice said, go get a knife go run a tub of warm water and slit your wrists and then you'll just go to sleep. I was like yeah but then that would hurt and there is so much blood and I got scared and called my husband and said hey you need to come home, it's not good, this was last month. It would have to be kind of uncomfortable for her parents, perhaps because of people staring and such, or they are just remembering how Katie was and what she is having to go through now.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Thanks Shellc, I too have been there, I actually heard a voice in my head saying, take all your pills then I was like yeah but what if it hurts and I start throwing up and go into convulsions, then the voice said, there is your robe take the belt and do a Robin Williams, I said to the voice yeah but what if it hurts and it doesn't work, then the voice said, go get a knife go run a tub of warm water and slit your wrists and then you'll just go to sleep. I was like yeah but then that would hurt and there is so much blood and I got scared and called my husband and said hey you need to come home, it's not good, this was last month. It would have to be kind of uncomfortable for her parents, perhaps because of people staring and such, or they are just remembering how Katie was and what she is having to go through now.
    It's a situation that unless you have been in that position no one will understand it. Nor is it something that will ever go away no matter what you are told. I've had long periods thinking everything was fine then boom it pops up again.

As for Katie, I get why they went on but personally, I think it was too soon. The poor girl was so nervous and it felt it was as if she was going to lose it at any moment. I'm not sure how the media found out about it but if it was me and my family, I would assume it was something that would want to be kept private. She has already been through so much and while on the whole, most are wishing her well, I have seen some evil shit written about her.

I have to Shellc, people are so cruel on line because they might get their asses handed to them if they say it in public to someone's face. The poor girl has been through so much, and yeah I think it was too soon for her to be out and such. I too would have kept it private.