Thread: ER Actress Vanessa Marquez

ER Actress Vanessa Marquez

She was in the first few seasons of ??ER?, and prior to that, appeared in the movie ??Stand and Deliver?. She was also a singer, and an episode of ??Intervention? features her struggles with OCD, shopping addiction, panic attacks and depression. I wasn??t there but this sounds like suicide by cop:

https://wgntv.com/2018/08/31/former-er-actress-vanessa-marquez-shot-dead-by-police/

Song ??I Want You To Know? with back-up vocals by Justin Timberlake:

https://youtu.be/YMMG-Muf4s4

On ??Intervention?:

https://youtu.be/ZLV75e2kJNs

I remember her after binging her image. Sounds like she may have had some mental issues. I have a Air Pistol that looks like a 9mm. Pointing something like that at a LEO during a confrontational situation is not the best thing to do. Damn shame. RIP now.
    Last edited by cleanskull; 08-31-2018 at 06:09 PM.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by MirrorDimly View Post
    She was in the first few seasons of “ER”, and prior to that, appeared in the movie “Stand and Deliver”. She was also a singer, and an episode of “Intervention” features her struggles with OCD, shopping addiction, panic attacks and depression. I wasn’t there but this sounds like suicide by cop:

https://wgntv.com/2018/08/31/former-...ead-by-police/

Song “I Want You To Know” with back-up vocals by Justin Timberlake:

https://youtu.be/YMMG-Muf4s4

On “Intervention”:

https://youtu.be/ZLV75e2kJNs
    You need to hyperlink your URLs.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I just read about this. How sad. I remember her from ER.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks, Cindy!
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

I haven't watched ER so I don't remember her, but dang, sounds like she had issues.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I haven't watched ER so I don't remember her, but dang, sounds like she had issues.
    She was Nurse Wendy.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    She was Nurse Wendy.
    If you watch the ER S1 episode, "Blizzard" on Hulu or on DVD (good one, by the way!), the episode starts with a pan around the hospital as a character rollerblades in the hall. That is Nurse Wendy Goldman. Damn shame what happened to her, but I agree it sounded like "suicide by cop". May Ms. Marquez RIP.

Nurse Wendy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	54710  

As I said I never watched E.R. so knowing that she was nurse Wendy, doesn't help me, I watched Stand and Deliver but I don't remember her in there, yeah it does sound like suicide by cop. I'll have to watch E.R., if it's anything like Gray's then I am in.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    As I said I never watched E.R. so knowing that she was nurse Wendy, doesn't help me, I watched Stand and Deliver but I don't remember her in there, yeah it does sound like suicide by cop. I'll have to watch E.R., if it's anything like Gray's then I am in.
    She was that nerdy gal that sometimes work black horn rimmed glasses on S&D. Er is available via Prime Video. It's no exactly Gray's, but it's a good show. I love medical dramas and tried to watch St. Elsewhere. Ew. But I don't think ER would disappoint.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Apologies PK, I wasn't directing that pic at you. I myself had to look for it to jog my memory. I was just posting it for those who do not like chasing hyperlinks. Which is one of my fav late night activities. I try and stop at 30 open tabs. Try.

No worries Clean and my post wasn't directed at you either, I'll watch E.R. at some point and try to dig out stand and deliver again so I can remember who she is.

It's a good show, like a lot of other long running shows, it has it good moments and bad. I was bummed out when it ended.

She was Nurse Wendy, Goddammit!

LOL I never watched ER either. Dunno why.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

There have been many shows that I didn't watch, for whatever reason, until they were gone and in reruns. It's like finding buried treasure.

I hear you Clean, I just got a hold of a copy of the whole series of Cold Case, um...I won't say where I got it as it hasn't been released due to a dispute about the music rights, but I had a connection that got me the series, loving it. I have also found Miami Vice the original series and started watching that, would love to get my hands on Moon Lighting, but the dvds on Amazon are expensive, I saw a video of Vanessa and she had some health issues, I wonder if that is what caused her to maybe do suicide by cop or was it just an accident...who knows.

Music rights hold up so many DVD series releases. China Beach took freaking forever to come out. Still too pricey for me.

i have the first DVD of China beach. Yeah when the series Cold Case aired, they signed a contract to have the music in the t.v. show only, and didn't think to sign it for DVD release as well, so they have been trying to think of a fair price to pay for the rights to release it on DVD people are like just put in other music, and the songs they pick help set the story as well, anyway to get back on topic, still trying to find the article I read that she was dealing with health issues, like Chrons or something like that, and was just tired of dealing with it, Chrons and any kind of issue like that, IBS, etc is not fun, I have a friend that has it. I myself, not sure yet, may have IBS, will find out when I go to doctor this month, anyway, so I am kind of wondering as I mentioned earlier if that is why this happened, she just decided enough and wanted out, or was did she have a mental episode and was playing with a bb gun and when asked to put it down, she didn't and raised it or something and they shot her.