Thread: 92 year old Phoenix woman shoots to death 72 year old son

92 year old Phoenix woman shoots to death 72 year old son

She didn't want to go to an assisted living facility. The son should have shot the mother. Guns are the answer.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/19...ons-death.html

She wasn't ready to embrace Assisted Living Culture.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    She wasn't ready to embrace Assisted Living Culture.
    The son should have shot the mother and then claimed it was an accident - either the gun went off while he was cleaning it or the gun went off as he tripped going to the can. No jury would have convicted him in Arizona.

Cash, do you post all these crime threads to make political statements?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Good news is bitch has proven for sure she don't need to go to no assisted living facility.

Bad news is...
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Cash, do you post all these crime threads to make political statements?
    I thought it was an unusual death/crime

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    I thought it was an unusual death/crime
    Yer damn skippy it's unusual, and I was glad to see the thread, and even gladder to make comments on it.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

How can a gun culture item be unusual?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Well, to me it was unusual just in the sense that the son, the "child" so to speak, is a bit of a geezer himself.

But I really like how this thread is jumping already! We may set the record for quickest thread to page 2 (non-terrorist attack division, of course).
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

It can't be that common even in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    It can't be that common even in the USA.
    This is a fair point!
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

I understand what you two are saying.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I understand what you two are saying.
    Likewise.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Likewise.
    And I appreciate it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I think it's all just fake news - the whole "assisted living" angle.
    In reality, she probably had a much better reason for shooting the guy and the anti-Gun Culture media doesn't want us to know the real reason because of their support of the Anti-gun Culture Culture.

I bet he was one of those problem kids or something.

As for excuses, all you have to do these days is say that you never did it in the first place and that anyone who says otherwise is just lying due to some sinister motivation or acting under the influence of known enemies of humanity, like Catholics or Germans or something similar.

People - especially old people - need to come out in support of this woman.
    I'm picturing "flash mobs" of angry, slow-moving geriatrics in wheelchairs and with walkers being driven to spontaneous protests by their children that they haven't shot yet.

Maybe "flash" isn't quite the right label, but you know what I mean.

I may be over-thinking this.

It's pretty well accepted that some people, as they get older; tend to get a bit crotchety.
    The son should maybe have talked to her doctor about putting her on some calming medication.

If she wasn't agreeable to that, they could have ground it up and sprinkled it on her food or something and she'd have been none the wiser.

Barring that, he could have looked into enrolling her into one of those facilities where they watch over seniors around the clock, make sure they eat right and take their meds; that kind of thing.

In fact, he maybe should have just done that from the get-go.
    It might have prevented this whole ordeal.

Oh well, it's a moot question at this point.

Could've, would've, should've; I always say.

Her mom - who is 112 years old - said she was shocked that she would do such a thing. Here is the interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Her mom - who is 112 years old - said she was shocked that she would do such a thing. Here is the interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    Great interview with the mom - thanks for the link.
    You know, with genetics\heredity like that, the son probably had an excellent chance of getting through old age and right into ripe old age; if he hadn't been such a mindless dick to his mom.

But I've been thinking some more about this whole thing.

I think we have to consider the appropriateness – or lack thereof - of her actions.

I mean, people are going to shoot people, that’s a given; it’s what we often do.

Shooting other people is a part of American culture, and when we have no interloping foreigners to shoot at, and no good excuse to become interloping foreigners elsewhere shooting at those people, we’re just going to find or contrive reasons for shooting each other. Seriously, that’s just going to happen what with the necessary proliferation of firearms in America mandated by our history and by our sensibilities.

Somebody should really come up with a name to describe that phenomenon, something like “Firearms-Assisted Interloper Eradication Culture” or something like that, but back to the consideration of the subject of this topic...

The question becomes:
    Was shooting the guy the appropriate thing to do, or would a less extreme physical assault – or even just a verbal assault – have been more fitting given the situation?

And I think that the answer to that question obviously comes down to another simple question:
    Who was going to pay for the assisted living arrangements?

If her kid thought he was going to pack her off, and that she was going to pay for it; well; that's just nuts.
    Crap thinking like that could have serious ramifications and might even damage the parent-child relationship.

That's like claiming you're going to build a fence so that your neighbors can't cross into your yard and that they are going to pay for it.
    Nuts.

And he probably failed to frame the situation in a favorable light.

"Assisted living facility", "Nursing Home", "Senior Citizen\Retirement Home" - those all sound a bit negative and cold and uninviting.

He should have told her she had won an all-expense paid vacation condo in an exclusive community that only allowed settled, mature adults to reside there; and that on top of that - there was a full-time cooking, cleaning, personal care and recreation staff at her beck and call - for life.

Yep - could've and should've made up an exotic sounding name, something like "Hostel California" or the like.

She'd have probably been packing her bags before he even finished the ruse, and the situation might have had a very different outcome; until he maybe made the mistake of paying her a visit one day.

That's kind of what I think anyway.