Thread: Buckwild star Shain Gandee

RebelRocker Guest

Buckwild star Shain Gandee

babyblujems Guest
    Can I just say I'm not surprised? I expected one of them to die and it to involve drugs and/or alcohol.

This hasn't been totally confirmed yet, but it seems they got stuck in the mud and tried to get out of it, and died from Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

RebelRocker Guest
    wow. it probably was carbox monoxide.
    http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/01/buckwi...ide-poisoning/

babyblujems Guest
    The Washington Times states that the third individual is a family friend named Robert Myers
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ow-dies-car-a/

I'm not saying anything about posting this, it's what is done on this site but I will note that hundreds of young Americans his age are killed overseas and they get nowhere near the acknowledgement we have here.

That doesn't seem right.

RebelRocker Guest
    i agree

What a stupid way to die. Dumbasses.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Not a cell phone between them, I guess. Jesus, lol.

Darwinism.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Unhappy Lots of ideas seem good when you're drunk.

A guy I know (who will watch anything on tv) showed me Buckwild. He said Salwa or "Bengali in boots" as she calls herself reminded him of me. Notice I didn't call him a friend? Lol! I'm not ashamed to be a bit of a redneck (and no Jodi I don't secretly want to "be white". I already am white, without all the sunburns eh).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Salwa_Amin_Buckwild-258x400.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	46075Click image for larger version. 

Name:	070820121105.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	46076
    (seriously, the picture on the right is me and I hadn't seen the picture of Salwa, on the left till I just googled her to do this. We really do all look the same!
    *minus the hair, make up and stylist, plus the 10 years
    )

I've never really been able to see Jersey Shore (I'm allergic) but it seemed like a slightly more well produced hillbilly version of that.

The stars of the show were obviously getting drunk yet none of them seemed to be 21. I guess all but one of them was?!? I read an article that a local WV prosecuter wanted to sue the show's producers for furnishing minors with alcohol. I'm sure he won't get the chance. The show was controversial from the get go and the governor of West Virginia wanted it pulled before the first episode ever aired. He said the show was a "travesty" in it's portrayal of West Virginians and obviously a terrible example for youth in general. Locals were also very upset because initially they had been misled as to what exactly the point of filming was, some believed it was going to be a documentary about the lives of local youth who went to school. When word hollered out as to what was up a lot of them refused to co-operate with MTV despite being offered more money to film in previously scouted locations.

In my day we had to figure out how to get in trouble, we couldn't just copy something we saw on youtube!

Someone made a pretty decent speculation in a comment on one of the many articles about Shain concerning how they left Larry's bar at 3 am to go mudding/four wheeling and later turned up dead from carbon monoxide. It's possible because they had last been seen drinking and were presumably drunk, they may have become stuck in the boggy mud in the dark and gunned the engine to try to get out. This would have created A LOT of exhaust smoke and since the authorities found the vehicle's tailpipe submerged it's possible that's what lead to the CO poisioning. It was an 80's model Ford Bronco so it probably would have given off a lot of smoke when revved.

It's human life. So it shouldn't really matter exactly which human. I know, I know, not to some people, but maybe it should because "what about serial killers?" He wasn't a soldier or a serial killer (to the best of my knowledge).

There is no doubt in my mind that something is really wrong when I'm reading about a soldier's death once or twice in the hundred of comments in one of the many, many articles dedicated to the death of a reckless, drunken mishap/accident.

I feel for his family because he was so young and condolences to the families and friends and even the fans. And condolences to that soldier and his family.

From the few episodes I briefly saw Shain Gandee was a laid back, pretty happy go-lucky young man and it's always sad when a human life is wasted any time, especially in its prime. I think he was a real good looker eh! (Maybe you got me there Jodi...)

Name:	shain-gandee-buckwild.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	46077

Production of the show has been suspended and a decision will be made in the coming weeks as to whether it will continue. Salwa Amin (the brown WV me) is currently in jail since days before Shain's death because she violated her bond conditions when she tested positive for oxycodene and morphene. She was originally arrested in February for possession of heroin, oxycodene and $3,000 cash and also charged with intent to sell. She managed to post $100,000 bond, reduced from $200,000. I read her parents put up their house. She supposedly has an accounting degree as well from a pretty good University that she is definitely not putting to use as well as she could.

Another cast member (and close friend of Shain's ) was also arrested and charged with DUI early in 2013.

Shain's love interest Cara from the first season has apparently returned to NC where she's from and said it is "unlikely" she will be in the second season (if there is one). In the season finale the cast all gathered round a fire pit by the water to have a few drinks (as you do). Shain rigged up some tubing and gas to light up and burn "C + S" which finally got him a kiss from Cara which is all he wanted since the first episode I guess.

Name:	shain-cara-kiss.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	46078
    Last edited by Melisscious; 04-02-2013 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Perfectionist.

'Buckwild' star Shain Gandee Family

Needs Cash to Cover Funeral Expenses

Shain's cousin, Ashley Gandee, is organizing a memorial "mud run" (an off-road trucking event) to ease the financial strain on Shain's family in the wake of the "Buckwild" star's death.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/02/buckwi...#ixzz2PItgQtjJ
    Last edited by Melisscious; 04-02-2013 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Not a cell phone between them, I guess. Jesus, lol.
    My dad's family live in WV and only about 20% of West Virginia has a cell phone signal.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

ktkatinmn Guest
    Yup - I often decide to go mudding at 3AM and it ALWAYS works out well for everyone involved...sigh... It was a great idea, to be sure.

I feel horrible for their families. I suppose they can get some relief that they passed doing something they loved. BUT it certainly did not have to turn out this way.

I have never watched the show and had never heard of it until the news of the mens death.

Apparently, Mother Nature has rhyme and reason to her natural selection... I'm just sayin'. She definitely has a sense of humor.

I assumed that was the case. I must say though if I lived in an area with poor coverage and liked to go off-road I would have a CB. I love hitting the trails myself but I go well prepared. I would also have provisions to stay warm so as to to not die from running the heater. This is a sad situation but easily avoidable. Young people make stupid decisions all the time. I wonder if his new found celebrity and the image that helped to obtain it effected his mentality. Maybe the balls to the wall lifestyle was a little exaggerated because of it? Then again being drunk in a 4x4 might have been enough motivation to be this naive.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

lobosco107 Guest
    I must say that I am not sad when I read about this obit. One horrible reality star down! It makes me really wish the Khardashians would start going four wheeling!

I can see a 20-something making the brilliant decision to go off-roading at 3 a.m. after a night at the bar. We've all done shit like that.

But WTF was the 48-year-old uncle thinking? He should have been the voice of reason and responsibility. Instead, he seems to have been a co-conspirator.

babyblujems Guest
    I'm sorry, this seems like common sense to me, but why not open the windows? In all honesty was it hard to do because of the mud or something?

I've driven through WV several times. I also live in an area with very poor cell coverage. The key is having the best provider. And not mudbogging at 3:00 am when you're drunk helps ofcourse.

Baby, that was my first thought too. Could be they were too drunk to think of it. Or maybe it had automatic windows and the mechanism didn't work for whatever reason?
    Last edited by SomeChick; 04-02-2013 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblujems View Post
    I'm sorry, this seems like common sense to me, but why not open the windows? In all honesty was it hard to do because of the mud or something?
    My thinking too.

The problem with carbon monoxide posoning is that the you don't realize your dying; you simply become increasingly drowsy, eventually lose consciousness, then expire.

That's why no one thought to open the windows - they didn't know they were being poisoned.

If you were stuck though, wouldn't your instincts tell you to try to get out regardless? Mine would.

If you were stuck though, wouldn't your instincts tell you to try to get out regardless? Mine would.
    Yep - sure would. I think this may be where the drunkeness came into play

babyblujems Guest
    I just thought you know whenever we get stuck we usually get out and see how bad it is, at the very least wouldn't they open the window to check. I get being drunk and all would only make it so there is little logic but still
    Last edited by babyblujems; 04-02-2013 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Perfectionist can't stand one misspelled word

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusDippytack View Post
    My dad's family live in WV and only about 20% of West Virginia has a cell phone signal.
    Maybe 20 years ago. Sissonville is just outside of Charleston which is the state capital and the largest city in WV.

Name:	62a1a03d-362b-4ceb-8243-eb46315bacbd_620_ShainGandee2_040213.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	46082Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dd48bc58-7cf7-40ff-9754-1078771ce2b3_620_ShainGandee1_040213.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	46083
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

I wonder what happened to the back window. Looks like it was busted out...

Maybe it was part of the recovery effort. From the line on the sides it looks like they were in mud with water on top. Well over the fenders anyways. I can certainly see why they got stuck. Should've had a blazer. That truck should never be in mud over the hub. Keep in mind people this why I don't build Ford trucks. They'll get you killed.

The one time they didn't have cameras
    following them around.(to help them out)

It's very sad.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    Maybe it was part of the recovery effort. From the line on the sides it looks like they were in mud with water on top. Well over the fenders anyways. I can certainly see why they got stuck. Should've had a blazer. That truck should never be in mud over the hub. Keep in mind people this why I don't build Ford trucks. They'll get you killed.
    Best vehicle I ever owned. I had it for 12 years - never any serious problems, and most important, it never got stuck.

Great vehicle all around. I have one myself and also never got it stuck.

Wendy A. Guest
    We used to have mud drags here, and I remember being about 9, running through the mud in the track area.. well, I stepped in to about mid-calve, and couldn't move. I lost my cowboy boots and all, and had to be rescued. It's like the mud sucks you in, and you can't move. If they would have got out, they would have found them right where they hopped out.. and probably alive. They were probably thinking they were better off in the truck.

PurrPurr Guest
    Autopsy: 'Buckwild' star Gandee's death accidental

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/t...andee/2045783/

Quote Originally Posted by babyblujems View Post
    Can I just say I'm not surprised? I expected one of them to die and it to involve drugs and/or alcohol.
    Sadly, I must agree.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Apparently investigators said the front windows were open but there was just too much carbon monoxide seeping in. They confirmed the back window was broken out during recovery efforts.

So true.........

RebelRocker Guest
    mtv producers are going to pay for the funeral.

Also they were stuck in a ravine and carbon monoxide is heavy so it wouldn't disperse very well, or quickly.

Has anyone seen the fake accident picture that has since been pulled from the news sites that used it?

There is a rumour a close friend of the family is trying to sell a picture of Shain in his coffin...

Found it!

Besides looking fake, it was reported the men were found in the Bronco in a ravine in a heavily wooded area, not next to a road. It was also only accessible by ATV and with a bulldozer. This photo shows a Bronco in a ditch that seems easy enough to winch out.

The photo is located here: http://rumorfix.com/2013/04/exclusiv...merged-in-mud/

Ironically the site tagged the story "TRUE" on top of this photo that is false

Name:	bronco-in-mud.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	46412

Buckwild Star Joseph Mulcahy Arrested For DUI

wow what these kids do to extend their 15 minutes of fame next he'll be trying to get on celebrity rehab

http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewi...06_18121.shtml

Name:	130806_18121_320.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	47673
    Aug. 6, 2013 11:55 PM EDT

Sissonville , Kanawha County , West Virginia

Another member of the cast of Buckwild is behind bars. According to court documents, Joseph Mulcahy, was arrested for driving under the influence, reckless driving and failure to report an accident.

Question Buckwhat were they thinking?

Two executive producers of Buckwild released a trailer for a reboot series called West Virginia Wilder. Supposedly one of the stars of the "comedy follow docu show" is a relative of Shain Gandee?

The senator of West Virginia who demanded Buckwild's cancellation has already demanded the new show be cancelled. To Viacom. Who said, that's not our show. It's being shopped. And has been picked up by a network supposedly. At this time NOT mtv (It probably will be an mtv channel).

Since this thread is about Shain, I'll leave the links to Google. But I will ask, WHO sees Buckwilder version 2.0 ending in death?

How is life after buckwild? I imagine it's been hard for the friends and family of Shain.
    Some of the WV people have had babies, married and unfortunately gone in and out of jail because they're friends with drugs.
    Good friends got dui's and disappeared. The grim reality of loss in WV doesn't need Twitter, just Maker's Mark and oxy's.

The chick who was obviously a plant, (or attempted actress) "married an Englishman, correspondent for CNN. She thought he looked rather handsome, in a UN, blue flac jacket."

Condolences for Shain. I thought the show was fun and entertaining for what it's worth. Sausage McMuffin for the mind.
    This brief franchise was described as Jersey Shore meets Jackass. And Jackass left a wake of drug addiction, destruction and death for it's stars.

This case fascinates me. Mostly because I'm 100% sure he was murdered and 100% sure it easily could have been an accident.

What do you think?

On an Easter weekend in 2013 did Shain (his Uncle and friend)....

1. Get super drunk at a bar, go mudding. Get super stuck in a deep culvert/gully. REV and GUN the engine, creating mass amounts of carbon monoxide because the tail pipe of his 1980-something Bronco was clogged, but not enough to stall the engine. All 3 lose conciousness and die.
    Or, realized they were stuck after gunning it and decided to sleep it off in the truck. Suffocating in the process because the gas settled in the gully. They were found 1 mile from his house. But at night it's hard to judge where you are.

2. Leave the bar to do a drug deal. Get murdered up Wolfpen holler, and placed the way they were. Arousing suspicions, but ultimately lacking evidence and cooperation. Ruling the death accidental.

3. Get lured out of the bar and killed as a hit. Placed in the vehicles to look like accidental death. All to put a definite halt to production of the show. Shain's childhood best friend and co-star Joey Mulcahy was with the 3 men at the bar and supposed to go mudding with them (that must be terrible to live with). He said he went (to the bathroom, for a smoke?) and when he came back they were gone.

4. Shain faked his death. To end the show and please the state and mtv. As part of the deal he receives a ridiculous sum of cash. And doesn't get murdered. He relocates with and his friends, whose whereabouts have been unknown since 2013.

Apparently carbon monoxide poisoning can happen in as little as 20 minutes. Shain was found ridiculously close to his house and many people stated they would usually just walk home and go back to get the truck the next day.

It it might be fascinating because it's simply a tragic accident cutting a young career short (and killing economic growth) on a holiday weekend.
    Or it might be easier to stage an accidental monoxide poisoning than fake 3 suicides.

Cheers and no fears.
    Last edited by Melisscious; 08-23-2018 at 12:30 AM.