Thread: One-Year-Old Dies After Being Left Car

One-Year-Old Dies After Being Left Car

An adoptive dad forgets to drop off one-year-old at preschool in Nashville. Temps soar to 120° inside car. Looks like this is starting early this year. 😭

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-89F-heat.html
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
    An adoptive dad forgets to drop off one-year-old at preschool in Nashville. Temps soar to 120° inside car. Looks like this is starting early this year. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-89F-heat.html
    I saw this online the other day. How the hell can someone forget their child is in the car? He would have to have looked in the mirror at some point and seen her. Also, how come no one else saw her in there and raised the alarm?

Geeze reminds me of the case where the dad claims he forgot to drop their son off a day care, he went to work and left the kid in the hot car all day until I think lunch time, when he found him dead, it came out later that the dad left him there on purpose, can't remember the case now. but yeah how the hell can you forget a child in the car. This isn't the first case and I am sad to say it won't be the last. Something doesn't sit right with me with this case, so the dad takes them to day care, the older sibling got out, dad didn't carry the one year old in? He says he thought she went inside with them, and didn't realize she was in the car, you mean the baby didn't make a noise at all in the car to indicate she was there, he didn't look back in the review mirror, when he took the car share, I take it he parked the car at home in the drive way, did the mom not see her daughter in the car at all, or was she at work as well? I am sure that as he was getting his stuff out of the car he could have seen the child, yeah something doesn't feel right...
    Last edited by pkstracy; 05-28-2018 at 01:35 PM.

That was also my thoughts, PK. How do you not notice the kid didn't come inside with you? The kid made no noise at all when you left? I just don't buy it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Geeze reminds me of the case where the dad claims he forgot to drop their son off a day care, he went to work and left the kid in the hot car all day until I think lunch time, when he found him dead, it came out later that the dad left him there on purpose, can't remember the case now. but yeah how the hell can you forget a child in the car. This isn't the first case and I am sad to say it won't be the last. Something doesn't sit right with me with this case, so the dad takes them to day care, the older sibling got out, dad didn't carry the one year old in? He says he thought she went inside with them, and didn't realize she was in the car, you mean the baby didn't make a noise at all in the car to indicate she was there, he didn't look back in the review mirror, when he took the car share, I take it he parked the car at home in the drive way, did the mom not see her daughter in the car at all, or was she at work as well? I am sure that as he was getting his stuff out of the car he could have seen the child, yeah something doesn't feel right...
    I think you're thinking of the Justin Ross Harris case.

http://www.findadeathforum.com/showt...oddler+hot+car
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

If there was a motive, it wasnâ??t to be childless; he successfully remembered to unload his 5-year-old.

Maybe weird, and certainly speculative, to say - but that could support lack of motive or intent. Heâ??d have a tougher time if it was just the one kid...

No less tragic. A sweet baby is still gone forever.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post

Yep. It happened several miles from where I was living at the time.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Such a tragedy and what a horrible way for an infant to die. I don't understand how you can forget your child when you are going to daycare specifically to drop them off, doesn't sound right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post

Yes! Thank you that's the one.

I will never understand this leaving a child in a car. never. how can you put a child in a car, then....oh! i forgot? no way.