Thread: Santa Fe, Texas High School Shooting

Santa Fe, Texas High School Shooting

at least 8 killed - and on it goes

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/18/us/te...ing/index.html

But let's all keep sending out thoughts and prayers. It's doing so much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3. 05-18-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I noticed those thoughts and prayers form some kind of protective shield around people. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    came here to say this. ppl tweeting "thoughts and prayers" ugh makes me effin sick.

Great minds think alike. I just posted this on Facebook:

Will you shut the hell up with your thoughts and prayers!!!
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

There's power in prayer, darlings.

I'm not going to preach about why bad things happen, but I could.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

the shooter - Dimitrios Pagourtzis

He used a shotgun and revolver - the school got lucky he didn't use a AR=15

Last edited by cash; 05-18-2018 at 01:44 PM.

Hasn't he ever heard the saying "Don't mess with Texas?"
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

10. 05-18-2018, 01:43 PM

11. 05-18-2018, 01:55 PM

So very sad.

The shooter wanted to commit suicide....but just could not do it. Really? Why not????

I don't get that if you want to commit suicide, like he said he did , why take other people out with out? I just saw this when I got home from the movies, all I kept thinking about sitting there for some reason, as it was a full movie, was what if someone came in and started shooting, or stood up and started shooting, I made sure I knew where the exits were and I made sure we sat close to the front near the exit.

Family
    Last edited by pkstracy; 05-18-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Mass shooting, thoughts and prayers, political debates, people forget, congress does nothing, crickets chirping. And again....
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

The most disturbing aspect of these mass shootings is the alleged shooters at all of them (Sandy Hook, Route 91, Sutherland Springs, Parkland, Santa Fe) were already known to law enforcement, some had even been interrogated and put on watch lists but beyond that police did absolutely NOTHING. These killings are being allowed to happen (now targeting churches and schoolkids for the maximum shock value) to stampede everyone into surrendering a right that can only be taken with a bill passed by both houses of Congress, signed by the president, then sent to all the states to be ratified by a minimum of 34 before that right can be repealed. If the rest of us law abiding citizens become totally disarmed (the ultimate goal), the police, congressmen, FBI, DHS and BATF still aren't going to be there to save us from mad dog killers. All they're good for is showing up after it's over, posing next to the dead bodies and promising "justice". All the databases, 24/7 surveillance and living in a country that has practically become a police state already are not stopping these massacres from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    So very sad.

The shooter wanted to commit suicide....but just could not do it. Really? Why not????
    Reportedly, he said shortly after being taken into custody that he ??didn??t have the courage?.

I bet he had planned on suicide by law enforcement, never considering Plan B of having to own this the rest of his life.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Texas' mildly retarded lieutenant governor suggested that the key to preventing school shootings may be DOOR CONTROL: too many doors equals too many shootings.

Shockingly, this clown has an A+ rating with the NRA.

Personally, I think it's gravity: if we just had the gravity of Jupiter, it would be very difficult to actually LIFT these guns, let alone carry them through those pesky doors.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8358691.html
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Texas' mildly retarded lieutenant governor suggested that the key to preventing school shootings may be DOOR CONTROL: too many doors equals too many shootings.

Shockingly, this clown has an A+ rating with the NRA.

Personally, I think it's gravity: if we just had the gravity of Jupiter, it would be very difficult to actually LIFT these guns, let alone carry them through those pesky doors.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8358691.html

Guns don't kill people, building exits kill people. All the gun nuts seem to have missing chromosomes.

Trade you a rational thought and a clue for a chromosome or two.
    Thank God he didn't have an AR-15 or we'd all be dead right now.

I was thinking that it must be a bit disheartening to the "anti AR-15" crowd to have a crime like this that didn't involve an AR-15.
    But I see that it's really not, for obvious reasons.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Trade you a rational thought and a clue for a chromosome or two.
    Thank God he didn't have an AR-15 or we'd all be dead right now.

I was thinking that it must be a bit disheartening to the "anti AR-15" crowd to have a crime like this that didn't involve an AR-15.
    But I see that it's really not, for obvious reasons.
    The most obvious reason being that it wouldn't make any sense for it to be "disheartening."

One shooting where an AR-15 WASN'T used doesn't cancel out the many other times where one WAS used.

NO ONE that I am aware of has EVER made the argument that mass shootings can ONLY be done with one type of weapon.

What's disheartening to me is that pro-NRA people simply don't care that children are being murdered.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

So apparently one of his victims is a girl who repeatedly rejected his advances? Another hero for these incel losers?
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

The most obvious reason being that it wouldn't make any sense for it to be "disheartening."

One shooting where an AR-15 WASN'T used doesn't cancel out the many other times where one WAS used.

NO ONE that I am aware of has EVER made the argument that mass shootings can ONLY be done with one type of weapon.

What's disheartening to me is that pro-NRA people simply don't care that children are being murdered.
    You can take heart:
    Most people (NRA supporters and non) do care; they just don't blame the hammer for driving the crooked nail.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Texas Governor cancels shotgun giveaway contest. If you need anymore proof that America is gone crazy. Give away a ham instead.

https://nypost.com/2018/05/22/texas-...hool-shooting/

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    There's power in prayer, darlings.

I'm not going to preach about why bad things happen, but I could.
    There could be. Even if not spiritual it's been shown the act still helps in many instances. The problem I have is IMO very few who say it actually do it.

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    There could be. Even if not spiritual it's been shown the act still helps in many instances. The problem I have is IMO very few who say it actually do it.
    It takes belief.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I'm not pro-NRA. I think they are largely a bunch of jerks, I simply do not see them as the problem. I see a lack of health care, intervention and a disregard for those
    with obvious issues as the problem.