Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rick Nelson

motherogod Guest

Rick Nelson

Wow, what an excellent write-up on FAD! I searched on the forum and found no thread for Rick himself, so here it is.

I was just a kid when he died, but remember the 20/20 show about how air conditioners on airplanes can malfunction and that may have been what caused the crash. Mind you, this aired in the 90s so it was about the airplane's malfunction specifically, not just Rick Nelson.

I have to mention I LOVE the funeral story! I've heard Kris was a real bad one, gold digger-wise.

TNpuck Guest
    I always liked Ricky. I remember when he died how everyone basically said it was because he was freebasing on the plane. I remember a "What really Happened..." show on cable that went thru the report and showed what really happened. Very tragic. I believe his twins now live here in Nashville. They are in a band with Kelly Keagy (sp?) and Mark Slaughter called "Scrap Metal" or something like that.

His ex-wife is something else....

I remember one of Rick's twin son's was on VH-1's "Celebrity Fit Club". He was pretty gung-ho about losing weight (he only needed to lose about 25-30 lbs), but he had some deep-seated issues with his mother - who's still an alcoholic.

They showed him talking to her - and you can see what all those years of drinking did to her. I have no sympathy - especially after hearing about the beat-down she gave her daughter at Rick's funeral.

Kathyf Guest
    Yes I saw that too. Their Mother cause them a lot of problems.

The write up on the FAD site is one of my favorite's already. Great job Scott. The Hotel pictures are awesome.

scootershort Guest
    One of the best FAD stories yet... All of the pics are awesome... especially of the house. I saw Kris on the "Behind the Music" on VH1 about Rick. That is one silly and crazy bitch. After all that she put Rick through, I think she got what she deserved.. not that Rick was totally innocent in that whole mess of a marriage.

I remember when Rick died.. it was the first time I saw my mom cry about a celebrity death and haven't seen it since. She loved Ozzie and Harriet. She grew up with Rick so to speak and they were the same age.

knothere Guest
    i remember hearing garden party as part of a record set from tv
    u cood send a money order or C. O. D. he was a very good lookin man old n young
    didnt know he had a crapwife
    or lived in errol's haunted house

Katie Guest
    I thought the write up was excellent too. I also grew up with the Nelson's although Ricky and David were a good bit older than I was.

I think it is so sad that he ended up doing his last concert in a little bitty town.

As far as Kris goes. She was so cute on the show, and the first couple of years appeared very normal. We have to remember that Alcohol and drugs are considered a disease that hurts many. If you don't partake, don't. If you do get help.

Once again, Scott and crew, good job!!!

sickRick Guest
    I think the best thing about the Rick Nelson writeup, has got to be the picture on the main page. I guess it might be my latent gay side, but I was trying to figure out if he was smuggling an orange or something. OMG.

Okay, that's out of my system, back to my routine married heterosexual life!

Captain Kundalini Guest
    I was just 4 months shy of being over the hill at 30.
    I was at a News Years Eve concert in Downtown Dallas
    seeing Michael Murphy in concert when Michael gave us the
    news from the stage and asked for a few minutes of silence.
    We were all quite shocked and saddened.
    Scott, you did a great write up on Ricky.
    I was at his grave a coupel of months ago.
    He is buried two rows back from and just to the left of his parents.

What I wasn't aware of was the murder in the house and the Paranormal activity which I would like to have more info on.
    I heard that the former house belonging to Ozzie and Harriet
    located at 1822 Camino Palmero Road in Hollywood, CA., has also been
    plagued by paranormal activity.
    Light go on and off by themselves, water turns on and shuts off by itself.
    A painter was once confronted by an abnormal misty substance
    which seemed to be inspecting his work.
    David Nelson is the only survivor of the family and is a producer.

cherryghost Guest
    Fascinating to see the Photographs of the last concert and Rick and the entire band in a sort of limbo. Rock bands or families should never take the same plane!

cherryghost Guest
    OMG Im now a senior death hag! Crack the French Champagne, bubbles all round!

Catherine of Siena Guest
    We learned years ago that we are actually related to homosexual Mark Harmon and thus, sort of, to Ricky Nelson.

Our relatiaship to Miss Harmon is because her mother, who is from Chicago, is a cousin of our own mother.

leevancleef Guest
    EXCELLENT write up, i agree, ive read it at least 5 or 6 times!
    Rick is in my favorite movie of all times (Rio Bravo) so need i say more? i love the guy.
    Theres an odd anecdote that ive read somewhere that he was booed at a concert the 70s, in the Madison Square Gardens, i believe, because his fans dissaproved of his long haired new look. WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    Rick is in my favorite movie of all times (Rio Bravo) so need i say more? i love the guy.
    Theres an odd anecdote that ive read somewhere that he was booed at a concert the 70s, in the Madison Square Gardens, i believe, because his fans dissaproved of his long haired new look. WTF!
    Which was his inspiration for writing the song, "Garden Party". They were all booing him because they wanted him to sing all his old hits, and instead he was singing his new rock music.

Catherine of Siena Guest
    Did Ricky actually have large beautiful thick sizemeat or is that a trick photo that Scott used?

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    His ex-wife is something else....

I remember one of Rick's twin son's was on VH-1's "Celebrity Fit Club". He was pretty gung-ho about losing weight (he only needed to lose about 25-30 lbs), but he had some deep-seated issues with his mother - who's still an alcoholic.

They showed him talking to her - and you can see what all those years of drinking did to her. I have no sympathy - especially after hearing about the beat-down she gave her daughter at Rick's funeral.
    I saw the same thing! Gosh, that show is addicting! But I did feel really sorry for (I think it was Gunther) Rick's son. It's a shame to have a Mom like that.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    I saw the same thing! Gosh, that show is addicting! But I did feel really sorry for (I think it was Gunner) Rick's son. It's a shame to have a Mom like that.
    Yeah, you could tell that Gunner has a lot of issues. The way he talked and acted on the show - very low self-esteem, very eager to please. So sad...and he seems like a really nice guy too.

Overtaxed Guest
    Wasn't there a court case after Rick died where Mark Harmon & Pam Dawber sought custody of the youngest son because Kristin was such an unfit mother?

Jack Raines Guest
    I saw the twins, Rick's daughter, and his youngest son on Larry King Live about 2 years ago. Rick's youngest son is about 24 now and looks almost exactly like he did. I think it was the twins who said they've feared flying ever since their father's crash.

Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    Which was his inspiration for writing the song, "Garden Party". They were all booing him because they wanted him to sing all his old hits, and instead he was singing his new rock music.

Actually, the whole thing didn't go down as people have thought all these years.

There were some unruly fans in the audience and the cops had asked them to move and people around them had started booing...and this coincided with Rick's moving to the piano to sing the Rolling Stones', "Honky Tonk Woman"...and Rick thought that they were booing him because of his selection of songs...

It was simply a case of bad timing...it wasn't as big of a deal as people wanna make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    Wasn't there a court case after Rick died where Mark Harmon & Pam Dawber sought custody of the youngest son because Kristin was such an unfit mother?
    Yes, there was.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

onehunglow Guest
    Hey. I'll say it. I thought Kris was one hot piece. I would have hooked that like a 300 pound Marlin. Those eyes! Sorry jason

I saw Rick a few times and depending on how drunk he was made or broke the show. I last saw him in Phoenix in 82 or 83. He was dusted. The band was using a Winnegbago that night.

twist340 Guest
    does anyone know the name of the movie that was on tv a few years ago,based on ricky nelson's life?i can't remember the name of it,but i do remember that he was in love with this other girl,who i think was a drug addict.and his father offered her money to stay away from him.

Suebabe Guest
    Read a book that a pliot wrote based on the NTSB reports of celebrity plane crashes -- forgot the title, damn it -- but basically Rick's plane was just liek Synards's, a flying piece of shit. The pilot and co-pilot got out and pilot was hear telling his buddy to NOT talk about the heater.

Damn heater malfunctioned and set the plane on fire.

Snoopy Guest
    I just loved his song Garden Party..in so may ways at certain points in my life I could relate to it..went to visit his grave in May and I was kind of sad to see that it had not been kept up that well..my husband and I cleaned all the dirt and leaves off his stone.

Ruffian Guest
    I recall hearing about Mark Harmon (Kris's brother) and Pam Dawber trying to get custody of the son. The son actually wanted to live with the Harmon's, but Kris's lawyer brought something up about Pam and they dropped the custody fight. I often wondered what it was that they could have on Pam Dawber, for pete's sakes. But, I guess in court, everybody's dirty laundry is aired. Unfortunately, the children are always the ones to suffer. She's clearly unfit no matter what Pam did in her past, IMO.

SueWahoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by twist340 View Post
    does anyone know the name of the movie that was on tv a few years ago,based on ricky nelson's life?i can't remember the name of it,but i do remember that he was in love with this other girl,who i think was a drug addict.and his father offered her money to stay away from him.
    In 1999, there was a movie called Ricky Nelson: Original Teen Idol. I'm not sure if that's the one you're looking for though.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Yeah, you could tell that Gunner has a lot of issues. The way he talked and acted on the show - very low self-esteem, very eager to please. So sad...and he seems like a really nice guy too.
    My husband said the boys are at his work sometimes & they are nice guys. I watched the show too, some of it, & it was sad to really understand what they had to go through.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SueWahoo View Post
    In 1999, there was a movie called Ricky Nelson: Original Teen Idol. I'm not sure if that's the one you're looking for though.
    Is this the one where he is at the airport & the whole show is a series of flashbacks, with the final scene being Ricky leaving the building to board the plane?

My sis & I used to watch the old reruns of Ozzie's show on Disney. Everyone was so in love with Ricky but the brother was a cutie too.

SueWahoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Is this the one where he is at the airport & the whole show is a series of flashbacks, with the final scene being Ricky leaving the building to board the plane?
    I'm not sure, I've never seen it.

cachluv Guest
    Gunnar, week of Christmas '07---

RaRaRamona Guest

Area Man Guest
    I think the fact that the fire started in the passenger cabin is what fuels the cocaine rumors. It could have been anything though.

ghoulgurl Guest
    Omg--love Rick Nelson! I was only about 8 yrs old and watching reruns when I first saw him. We had a crummy black and white TV just to make things authentic. He was singing "I'm Walking" and I was swooning like the broads back in the day! The FAD write-up was righteous with great links. As someone else said, the photo on the front page was a riot. Too bad Kris was such a feminine hygiene product!

Jaxxx Guest
    RIP Ricky, you were so hot, and David wasn't bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post

Yep, that's the one.....
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ghoulgurl View Post
    Too bad Kris was such a feminine hygiene product!
    Your calling Kris vinegar?

Douche....Douchebag
    These are insults I'll never understand. I mean what's wrong with being a liquid substance and/or a piece of rubber?
    Calling her certain bodily functions or the rear body part is much worse. IMO.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    Your calling Kris vinegar?

Douche....Douchebag
    These are insults I'll never understand. I mean what's wrong with being a liquid substance and/or a piece of rubber?
    Calling her certain bodily functions or the rear body part is much worse. IMO.
    Remember the SNL skit where a caller announced every couple as they entered a regal dining room & each couple had a name like Salisbury's & of course they ordered steak to eat, then the Douche's had vinegar & oil salad dressing? I thought that was so hilarious when I was little.

Quote Originally Posted by Area Man View Post
    I think the fact that the fire started in the passenger cabin is what fuels the cocaine rumors. It could have been anything though.

That's exactly what started the cocaine rumors. There were, in fact, traces of cocaine--small traces, I might add. And it's unclear as to how long before the crash he had used cocaine.

All of the bodies were basically burned to a crisp--they all had to be identified through dental records. Rick's remains got lost (!) and didn't even make it to his memorial service.

During the funeral/memorial service, David hissed, "Murderess!" at Kris--she showed up late to the funeral, by the way. I, personally, don't even think she even had a right to be there cuz she was his freakin' ex-wife for Pete's sake!!

BTW..........

I'M BACK!!!!!!

40. 08-26-2008, 08:34 PM

RocketQueen Guest
    I love him! In the movie Rio Grande, I am a bit distracted though. All I can look at and think about is Ricky's package!!

**Jenna** Guest

SueWahoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    BTW..........

I'M BACK!!!!!!
    Hey, where the heck ya been? Welcome back.

Hey, where the heck ya been? Welcome back.

It's a long story....health probs and just been so dang busy....

**Jenna** Guest

**Jenna** Guest

ratkin638 Guest
    For the trivia-minded: Rick Nelson, despite being from a Hollywood-based show business family, was actually born in Holy Name Hospital, in Teaneck, NJ. Ozzie Nelson's brother was a dentist in Teaneck, and Ozzie and Harriet were visiting the brother when she went into labor.

msmojorisin84 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ratkin638 View Post
    For the trivia-minded: Rick Nelson, despite being from a Hollywood-based show business family, was actually born in Holy Name Hospital, in Teaneck, NJ. Ozzie Nelson's brother was a dentist in Teaneck, and Ozzie and Harriet were visiting the brother when she went into labor.
    What a cool fact! Thanks

ratkin638 Guest
    It's just the sort of thing you might know if you had also been born in Holy Name Hospital in Teaneck, NJ.
    [looking around innocently, as if someone else had said that]

Vintage_Vixen Guest
    I just finished watching an episode of The Hardy Boys (I know, I know....my 8 y.o. daughter is a huge Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys fan...and since we both really enjoy retro TV, we got the first season of the show on DVD ) Ricky Nelson guests on the episode The Flickering Torch Mystery which he plays rock star Tony Eagle. Anyhow, it was a little creepy in that Tony's (Ricky) manager was embezzeling from him and to prevent him from finding out, he rigged his plane to catch fire & blow up......

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    Gunnar, week of Christmas '07---

Great picture of Gunnar. He looks alot like his dad in this picture but I also see his mom in his features.
    I would love to know whatever happen to Rickys rumored love child Eric Crewe? A paternity test was proven to be 99.6% that it was Rick's Child. In his Will he stated that he disputed the paternity of said minor.
    Its rumored Eric and his mother still live in New Jersy according to one blog on Imdb.
    There is a Eric Crewe on You Tube?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NiaLxVHqPY I think this fella looks alot like Ricky Nelson!

There also is a Facebook Eric Crewe from New Jersey:
    http://www.facebook.com/people/Eric-Crewe/1377996027

He would be an adult now and evidently does not care about about the connection to his famous father.
    Last edited by Nicki; 09-28-2009 at 11:43 PM.