Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: D.B. Cooper

Sgt. Pepper Guest
    The DB Cooper story is the most awesomest, bestest, coolest, badass-est, intriguing-est, and all-around greatest one ever! I really hate criminals and I can't stand it when people break the law (even when it's just speeding on the highway), but this guy is the only exception.

As much as I would like to know who he really was, I really hope that he's never identified. I think the reason this story is so intriguing is because of the fact that he got away with it. Anyone who can make the J. Edgar Hoover-run FBI look like assclowns is a person to be admired.

...Oh and another thing. I am a baseball card collector, and two different sets included a DB Cooper card in the past couple of years. It's safe to assume that yes, I have them both. I cherish them dearly. Sad, I know.

this guy. was smart. i admire what he did. lol. as much as i hate crime, this was different, he took it to the man. lol

A team of cold-case investigators claim they’ve decoded a 1972 message by D.B. Cooper — and that it contains a confession from Vietnam veteran Robert Rackstraw, long suspected of being the infamous skyjacker. Television and film producer Tom Colbert — who’s led a team of about 40 private investigators in the search for Cooper — said he received the letter after successfully suing the FBI for the Cooper files. An earlier letter, addressed to four different newspapers, contained hidden identifiers — including his military units — that pointed to Rackstraw, now 74 and living in the San Diego area. Rackstraw, https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...Azi4Zb?ocid=sf Is he D.B.? What do you all think ?

Interesting, but IDK.

He confesses using a secret code, lists his name and his military units?
    That just sounds awfully far fetched to me.

I still think Bigfoot did it.

Seriously, reading that old newspaper headline I was reminded of the scene in Austin Powers when Dr. Evil demands "1 MILLION DOLLARS!", and everybody laughs.
    Damn, even back in the day, 200 grand wasn't that much cash.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Wait, weren't they claiming to have solved his identity a month or two ago? Are these the same investigators? And the same suspect?
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

I don't buy it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Yes this is the same one Upset, I think.

Me neither, CindyT. I could claim I found a different code in it that reveals that Lee Harvey Oswald did it.
    Last edited by Duchess36; 07-01-2018 at 07:26 PM. Reason: wording

Quote Originally Posted by Duchess36 View Post
    Me neither, CindyT. I could claim I found a different code in it that reveals that Lee Harvey Oswald did it.
    I'm pretty sure it wasn't LHO.
    Pretty sure...
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Sadly, just like Jack the Ripper in the UK.
    This one maybe unsolved.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

There was a guy near my home town that died a few years ago and on his death bed he confessed to his wife that he was D.B Cooper. There was a big write up in the paper about it. I guess the guy wanted a grab at fame before he died.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]