Thread: Larry Mondello

onehunglow Guest

Question Larry Mondello

Larry Mondello. (Robert "Rusty" Stevens). It had to suck to have a job in TV and then have your Dad move you out of the State for a real job. I heard he didn't even tell his wife he was Larry when she was watching the Beve.

Ron Burgundy Guest
    I hear different views on why Rusty left the show. One side is the one you mentioned, that his parents up and moved.

However, Barbara Billingsley has been quoted several times as saying that Rusty's mother was a horrendous PITA on the set, and the producers simply got fed up with it and wrote him out of the series.

Regardless of which scenario was the truth, it's too bad, as he was a very good character, and a perfect foil for 'The Beav'.

onehunglow Guest

Thanks

Never heard about his Mother. He was made to do that part.

Jack Raines Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soundqcar View Post
    I hear different views on why Rusty left the show. One side is the one you mentioned, that his parents up and moved.

However, Barbara Billingsley has been quoted several times as saying that Rusty's mother was a horrendous PITA on the set, and the producers simply got fed up with it and wrote him out of the series.

Regardless of which scenario was the truth, it's too bad, as he was a very good character, and a perfect foil for 'The Beav'.
    Ok, I'm feeling dumb now... what does PITA mean? I'm guessing the "P" is for parent.

onehunglow Guest

Pain in the

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Raines View Post
    Ok, I'm feeling dumb now... what does PITA mean? I'm guessing the "P" is for parent.

Hughsgirl Guest
    Yeah, I heard about his lunitic mother too. I personally think they should have smacked her and then banned her from the set and they could have had Rusty's dad there to watch over him or whatever the parents did.

Hoagie78 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughsgirl View Post
    Yeah, I heard about his lunitic mother too. I personally think they should have smacked her and then banned her from the set and they could have had Rusty's dad there to watch over him or whatever the parents did.
    That's the problem with stage mothers/fathers. They push their kids and when they get a good job, they do something to botch it up like complaining, asking for more money etc......

Hughsgirl Guest
    I agree hoagie. I liked Larry the best out of beaver's friends. Though he got him into his share of trouble I feel Larry genuinely felt bad when he got Beaver into trouble.

pwem Guest
    Larry was my favourite friend of the Cleavers next to Eddie. There was something sweet and vulnerable about him.

Nelliebean Guest
    I remember him now.