Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: Christine Chubbuck

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    It doesn't sound like many folks liked her and she made it hard for them to like her.
    That's a good way of putting it. Even the exit she chose was angry. Though nobody in the little documentary comes right out and says anything bad about her. Poor soul.

Noelle Page Guest
    Me too!
    How about Angelina in "The Christine Chubbock Story"?

Lisamarie Guest
    Christine has bothered me for years..its actually the first email I sent Scott was about her and of course I took the trip to her tv station just to look at her parking space and imagine were she would walk in and out...Im still obsessed and hope to one day see the footage...I think the netire reason we cant see it is frankly she pissed them all off....you know killing yourself in front of your coworkers....and they made damn sure no one but those viewers that had already seen would never see her final exit.... to die a virgin !! Oh the horror!!! But I am waiting to see one day!!

xenaswolf Guest
    [quote=Noelle Page;433245]How about Angelina in "The Christine Chubbock Story"? [/quote

Wouldn't work, Angie is too pretty!

It doesn't sound like many folks liked her and she made it hard for them to like her. Sad really sad.
    l can see why she would make it hard for them. from what l've read, when she tried to reach out to people she got ignored or hurt.
    it'd be easier to not have friends because you pushed them away, rather than because you tried and no one wanted to befriend you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Noelle Page Guest

So what, that never stops Hollywood! Could be a helluva role......Brad as the empathetic weatherman or something.... They could conconct an almost-romance....suggesting "if only"....

Seagorath Guest
    They FINALLY posted the English version of the Christine Chubbuck special on E!...the Boulevard of Broken Dreams special...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teWKeGQ5u4c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-6pVw7PBII

Noelle Page Guest
    Thanks Seago, look forward to seeting aside some time to watch with a hot cup of cocoa.

Seagorath Guest
    No prob! Sounds like a good idea...I may do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Thanks Seago, look forward to seeting aside some time to watch with a hot cup of cocoa.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    They FINALLY posted the English version of the Christine Chubbuck special on E!...the Boulevard of Broken Dreams special...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teWKeGQ5u4c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-6pVw7PBII
    The sound is killing me! What is up?

Thanks! Awesome.

Seagorath Guest
    Plays fine on my end, RaRa...sound is clear...no harsh volumn...

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    The sound is killing me! What is up?

Thanks! Awesome.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    Plays fine on my end, RaRa...sound is clear...no harsh volumn...
    It was going in & out...and sometimes the background music was way louder than the dialogue.

Seagorath Guest
    Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    It was going in & out...and sometimes the background music was way louder than the dialogue.

Lisamarie Guest
    I heard the band Skinny Puppy had her death footage showing as they played there shows on a giant back screen..like Nine inch nails do with there live shows....wonder if thats true!!!

Seagorath Guest
    There is footage out there floating around on an FBI training video...along with a lot of other "unreleased" stuff. I'm hoping this will someday be leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    I heard the band Skinny Puppy had her death footage showing as they played there shows on a giant back screen..like Nine inch nails do with there live shows....wonder if thats true!!!

Must confess, for the longest time I thought it was a guy in your sig pic.
    Me too.

Don't think I ever heard of her before, but I've been reading the links. Sad character. She obviously wanted to go out with...well, a blast.

RaRaRamona Guest
    In that short clip, though, she's gorgeous and intense. Definitley a heavy vibe about her though.
    She was gorgeous! I haven't seen any good pics of her though. I bet her family has some great ones & I wish they'd share them so the world doesn't think she was such a man.

King Tut Guest
    I'll gladly take a pummeling for this... Christine is a thinking man's Sharon Tate.

19. 11-11-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Michael555 View Post
    This has bothered me ever since I saw the "Broken Dreams" segment when it first aired. But of course I'm very curious to see the footage, has it been leaked yet? Or no ?

Nopper. It's a DH holy grail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

21. 11-11-2008, 12:13 PM

cherryghost Guest
    [quote=xenaswolf;434709]
    How about Angelina in "The Christine Chubbock Story"? [/quote

It wouldnt take much to unpretty angie for the role ......she has done it before!

cherryghost Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    The Gap is an ocean cliff, in eastern Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia. It is located in the eastern suburb of Watsons Bay, near South Head. The Gap is also a suicide location of some notoriety, with a reported 50 suicides annually.[1]It was reported that new security cameras, emergency telephones and higher fences will be erected in an attempt to reduce the suicide rate.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gap,_New_South_Wales
    Thanks Ivy I was off on thread tangents haha! The gap is beautiful and not far from where I live!

Gorey Guest
    I know I've seen at least part of the footage of her suicide somewhere on TV. I think it was on E! quite a few years ago. They showed her sitting at the desk doing the news, she reaches down, comes up with the gun, puts it to her head and they cut before she blew.
    It's out there somewhere, guys, we must find it!! I really don't remember this happening b/c I was kinda young at the time, I was about 9 or so. I do kinda remember Budd but I didn't watch too much news at the time, so I don't remember much. People seemed to lose their minds on Budd.
    Well, we all have our mission.

25. 11-12-2008, 10:45 PM

26. 11-12-2008, 11:20 PM

cherryghost Guest
    Very serious strong feminist beauty Ya ya!

Whos going to access the footage? Would it be available on here or would you get into trouble? Imagine the coverage it would get from FAD!

Christine obviously meant for her suicide to be seen....... there's no doubt about that!

yes, anyone can request material

i would want to see the video, but not the actual moment of death....that is as far as my death haggery is going....Budd Dwyers video fucked me up for a while.

go for it death hags! I really do think its out there, just really buried.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

30. 11-15-2008, 07:39 PM

http://www.fcc.gov/foia/ the freedom of information act

33. 11-16-2008, 03:18 PM

welcome and good luck-keep us posted

Lisamarie Guest
    yeah let us know if you get this damn tape..Ive talked to a few people who swear they have seen it as well...And I just gotta think its out there someplace...as for her reasons...she must have been one sad broad.

36. 11-18-2008, 02:14 PM

I'm a bit nervous to actually request the footage, I admit. I mean will I have to pay something?

Maybe, but it would be for the cost of the VHS tape or probably DVD now a days. Hey if they charge you I will send you the complete cost. Just PM me. I'm dead serious (no pun intended)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Lisamarie Guest
    Lol!!! Let me know what you find...Im very curiouse.....

ByrdSar Guest
    Wow, that takes some balls to blow your brains out on live TV! I can't believe she did that. I'm not sure I'd want to see the video, and there's alot I've seen since being a death hag on here...they have Steve Irwins death video on Youtube, did you know that?

DisneyStacy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ByrdSar View Post
    Wow, that takes some balls to blow your brains out on live TV! I can't believe she did that. I'm not sure I'd want to see the video, and there's alot I've seen since being a death hag on here...they have Steve Irwins death video on Youtube, did you know that?
    As far as I know, none of those videos of Steve Irwins death are real.

ByrdSar Guest
    Thanks, DisneyStacy. I just saw one that said the REAL Steve Irwin death video...but I imagine it was probably faked.

42. 11-20-2008, 02:42 PM

Seagorath Guest
    We should all request the video from the FCC under the guise of FAD. We can just say that we're writing a "tribute book" about her and we need "maximum" footage for inspiration...

ByrdSar Guest
    i

ByrdSar Guest
    I would like to see the footage...

NOOOOO I wouldn't make anyone pay for anything, I'd figure out how to rip the DVD or VHS onto my computer, or send someone the footage that knew how to do it.

But see, I'm sixteen, and I doubt my parents would really appreciate trying to find someone shooting herself live on television. Considering I was once suicidal myself, I think they'd go fucking crazy. So, it's best left to someone else who has more of the means to do it.

If you want PM me with the FCC info and ill look into getting it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

47. 11-21-2008, 11:11 AM

48. 11-21-2008, 11:22 AM

49. 12-14-2008, 04:14 PM

primescore Guest
    I submitted a request and am waiting to see what happens.

Fujicakes Guest
    OMG, I hope it goes through. I've always been rather curious to see it. Her story is really fascinating.

SlippyInvader Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by primescore View Post
    I submitted a request and am waiting to see what happens.

Cool I'd be interested to see it after all this time.

jz63 Guest
    I don't know why but this story strikes me a one of the saddest I've ever read. I guess sometimes we all cut off our nose to spite our face and push people away when we really need them to help. She semed like she was someone you would have wanted to get to know as just looking at her picture youcan see a whole load of depth. Way too sad. RIP

Lisamarie Guest
    I know what you mean ,It haunts me as well.....I just wonder what was going through her head that morning ( besides the bullet) like when she was drinving ti work she must have been plotting the entire time......I would be so scared....

55. 01-11-2009, 09:06 PM

John Connor Guest
    Never heard of her before. Very weird. She was a Virgo 1. Unstable.

RaRaRamona Guest
    She was so pretty.

Nvr_Sk_to_Tll Guest
    Funny how random things come up and bring out the DeathHag in me...was recently reading 'The Nashville Chronicles', about the making of the classic Robert Altman film 'Nashville', and there was some discussion of the turmoil that was going on in the world as they were getting ready to film. One of the actors, Henry Gibson, recalled very vividly that on something like the fifth day of shooting, 'the big news that evening was that a newscaster in Sarasota ended the program by saying, "And in accordance..."' etc. And there I am, sitting, reading the book, and I went 'HA, He's talking about Christine Chubbuck!' and EVERYONE in the room stared at me...maybe that's not the DeathHag in me after all. Maybe it's the weird.

Lisamarie Guest
    she had a very haunted look about her ....

60. 01-13-2009, 02:05 PM

She does look haunted. I wonder what mental illness she had to cause her to do something so...shocking.
    unaddressed depression. there is still enuff stigmatisation against mental illness in this world that we tend to laff off 'feeling down or blue'. its an illness, and the last stage of it is usually suicide.
    pull the string!

lobosco107 Guest
    I never knew about her until I came here. I was born the year she committed suicide. I would love to at least see the video up until the killing...not sure I could watch the complete thing.

DexterKitty Guest
    I've been thinking about this alot, and I think I may have seen the actual shooting on one of those "Banned in America" videos? I vaguely remember her giving the "keeping with the blood and guts" schpeel, and then just shooting herself. I think if I remember right... she put the gun to her temple area., shot it, and slumped forward on to the news desk. Then you could see people running towards her, and the tape cut. I'm pretty sure that it was her. Unless, another anchor lady did that too?