Thread: Ray Thomas Moody Blues. RIP

Ray Thomas Moody Blues. RIP

https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...z_breakingnews

I hate to hear this. I've long been a fan but more recently my grandson took up the flute. Some people argued that he should take up a more "manly" instrument and that pisses me off.

Ray, along with Ian Anderson and Peter Gabriel are a few of the big names I would point out that played the flute.

Sadness. I grew up on the Moody Blues. So many great albums and songs: On The Threshold of A Dream, Tuesday Afternoon, To Our Children's Children's Children, A Question Of Balance, Every Good Boy Deserves Favor...

RIP.

I was never a huge fan but when came to my hometown when I was in high school, 1985, I believe, I didn't pass up the opportunity to see them live. The Fixx opened up for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Damn; right after the Moodies *finally* got into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. At least Ray (hopefully) knew.
    RIP, Ray, and sincere thanks for all the great music.

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    I've long been a fan but more recently my grandson took up the flute. Some people argued that he should take up a more "manly" instrument and that pisses me off.
    People who say things like that are always the tone deaf yahoos who couldn't carry a tune in a suitcase!