Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry Lewis

onehunglow Guest

Jerry Lewis

Not funny, just stupid movies and when he does his telethon he is a down right ass to some people. About 10 years ago some dude was giving thanks and lewis cut him off and said something like `let's just get to the money`. I've had no respect for him since, but I never was a fan of his. Without Dean Martin Jerry would be nobody. Dean didn't need Jerry to entertain buy Jerry sure as hell needed Dean. I think Jerry does the telethon as much for him as the kids. Ok, I have hard bark. That all folks.

Guest Guest
    Thank You For Saying It

Danny62 Guest
    Your not going to get shit...Jerry Lewis is an ass!

From what I have read not the nicest of guys. I bet you get alot of stories about him on here like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post

From what I have read not the nicest of guys. I bet you get alot of stories about him on here like that?
    Well, France apparently likes him and gave him an award for being the funniest man! WTF?

I liked him in "The King of Comedy". I guess that one shows his "true colors"!!

I remember when I was a kid how the Telethons were really popular and the streets would be deserted on Labor Day weekend. They were pretty good back then.

Jerry needs to retire...maybe Ryan Seacrest can start doing the telethons - he does just about everything else!

Tugboat25 Guest
    Dean was the cool one.
    Jerry's an unlikable pr*ck.
    The French can have him.

Kathyf Guest
    I used to like Jerry lewis with Dean Martin. Then when merv Griffin died he said he deserved it because he didn't help himself. For how sick Lewis was for all those years I thought it was rude.Then he called someone a rude name at the telethon on air. People were very pissed.

I've never cared for the man myself, I like Dean Martin, but I always found Jerry Lewis annoying.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

ComputerGuy Guest
    I heard Jerry Lewis and you know who (steve ?)were the best of friends. I always thought of him as an idiot, but was afraid to come out of the closet per se because of his telethons

JeffD Guest
    Funny spot on TV a few years ago. jerry got caught parking in a handicapped space in his Rolls Royce. A local TV news crew just happened to be passing by...

It was at a restaurant. Obviously Jerry had been doing it for awhile and someone tipped off the local news.
    Last edited by JeffD; 10-19-2007 at 11:36 AM.

mommafreak Guest
    When he was much younger and with Dean, he was tolerable. The one movie about him becoming a police officer, that kinda captured my attention, and the Buddy Love one, origianl Nutty Professor, but anything after that, kind of a quack now.

Harry in Connecticut Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGuy View Post
    I heard Jerry Lewis and you know who (steve ?)were the best of friends. I always thought of him as an idiot, but was afraid to come out of the closet per se because of his telethons
    Steve Allen or Steve Lawrence? Someone else?

ComputerGuy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry in Connecticut View Post
    Steve Allen or Steve Lawrence? Someone else?
    Martin?

knothere Guest
    no shyt here lol

The Buddy Love character from the movie the nutty professor was how
    Jerry Lewis actually is in person.

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    i dont like him anyway. i find his comedy lame, and his telethons boring! he does need to hang it up!

cobbius Guest
    He's a has-been hack. Not funny, never has been funny, nor will he ever be funny.

Bellfire Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    Not funny, just stupid movies and when he does his telethon he is a down right ass to some people. About 10 years ago some dude was giving thanks and lewis cut him off and said something like `let's just get to the money`. I've had no respect for him since, but I never was a fan of his. Without Dean Martin Jerry would be nobody. Dean didn't need Jerry to entertain buy Jerry sure as hell needed Dean. I think Jerry does the telethon as much for him as the kids. Ok, I have hard bark. That all folks.
    My ma loves him and feels people should lay off of him because he's old. Now having said that here's my take on him. I watched a telathon in which Hulk hogan appeared to help boost the fundraising. Now granted Hulk Hogan isn't my favorite person in the world but it was kind of him to make and appearence and I thought Jerry to be rude when he mentioned that Hogan's under arms stank.

Jerry has made many a comment over the years that I didn't care for epescially one he made about people when they weighed more than they should. I hate a bigot no matter the subject but that one really got to me. (Oprah's comment about not wanting to be a spokesperson was rude and ignorant but his went way over the top.) I think he's very bitter. His movies were ok and yes he was the star but Dino got the girls, the fame, and the cool hanging buddies so there Jerry! I just feel he wants to be seen and the telethon is his only outreach now. I remember his comments in a tabloid about the children he raises money for and I found them to be distasteful. He's not nice but I feel sorry for him because he just sounds like a nut and not outrages or edgy like I'm sure he's trying to convay.

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    He is still alive??

I can't stand Jerry Lewis. He gets on my last nerve. I never thought he was funny or able to sit thru one of his movies.

RoRo Guest
    I totally agree..he's a bitter old bigot and if not for the telethon he would be a lonely old man in a mansion somewhere

mr.wanttohaveitall Guest
    I don't like him either. Maybe he was funnier in the 50's but not lately. He recently made a homophobic comment on the last telethon and in the past he's made some sexist comments, like he doesn't think women are funny and all women comedians are just not any good. I mean JESUS. What a slap in the face to all of his female colleages who worked just as hard as he did.

Lifeisafataldisease Guest
    Not a fan. (UGH)

tensecondstolove Guest
    I've never really been a fan but he did make one hilarious movie called "You're Never Too Young"...I've watched it since I was a kid and always found it funny. Other than that I don't really like the guy. He just seems like your run-of-the-mill cranky old man.

Harry in Connecticut Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGuy View Post
    Martin?
    Steve Martin? Ya think?

What say we set aside about 150 years not to picture that?

Jerry Lewis

Any dirt on him? How is his health these days?

-K.

Kellycatt1 Guest
    Here is a recent pic of him. He sure does not look the way I remember him.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Musi...le.lewis.reut/

Bayou Voodoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellycatt1 View Post
    Here is a recent pic of him. He sure does not look the way I remember him.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Musi...le.lewis.reut/
    The date on that article says it's from January, 2004. I don't remember him being that big back when he was making stupid remarks on the telethon....but I'll admit I wasn't paying close attention.

Danny62 Guest
    I hear he isn't a very nice guy!

I am sure if you search the web there is plenty of dirt on him!

Kind of Like ole Frank in some ways I hear?

ANd we all know how nice and friendly Frank Sinatra was!! LOL

leevancleef Guest
    Hes one of those people that look nothing like their young selves.
    Jerry seems to be that kind of person/artist you either love him or loathe him.
    i enjoy some of his early movies, but im not a big fan of him.
    he and Dean Martin were so big back in the 50s,and ive always thought that Jerry couldnt handle it in the right way, all the fame, the money....Soon there was all about money and Dean Martin started getting sick of him.
    Jerry once said this about Dean: " Dean was Dean. Dean didnt adjust or change. He had a wonderful way of putting up a facade and that kept people at bay. And the thing that i loved about him was that he let people know,in front:"this is how i am, and heres how you gotta take me, im taking you with whatever your foibles whatever the good and the bad is, and im asking you to do the same with me."
    He didnt want any phony bullshit."

i love that, because thats why i really like Dean Martin, ive always been a fan of him.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    Hes one of those people that look nothing like their young selves.
    Jerry seems to be that kind of person/artist you either love him or loathe him.
    i enjoy some of his early movies, but im not a big fan of him.
    he and Dean Martin were so big back in the 50s,and ive always thought that Jerry couldnt handle it in the right way, all the fame, the money....Soon there was all about money and Dean Martin started getting sick of him.
    Jerry once said this about Dean: " Dean was Dean. Dean didn't adjust or change. He had a wonderful way of putting up a facade and that kept people at bay. And the thing that i loved about him was that he let people know,in front:"this is how i am, and heres how you gotta take me, im taking you with whatever your foibles whatever the good and the bad is, and im asking you to do the same with me."
    He didn't want any phony bullshit."

i love that, because thats why i really like Dean Martin, Ive always been a fan of him.
    I think Dean was a great guy also!

I remember seeing the Reunion Frank set up for Jerry and Dean on the Telethon I believe it was in 1976!

I Hear Jerry wasn't all that thrilled with seeing Dean again!

The clip used to be on youtube But I think it got removed?

leevancleef Guest
    I Think that Dean was the best person out of all that pack.
    He was a very honest man, and took shit FROM NOBODY.
    When he was at a party and was getting bored he just left. Sinatra would get frantic and tell him to stay, but he just didnt want to have to pretend that he was having a great time when he wasnt. He loved to be alone most of the time, play his golf, watch his westerns....he loved to read comics when he was in bed while drinking a glass of milk. *cute*
    ive always loved Dean.

Jerry has been on prednisone off and on for pulmonary problems. That shit makes ya swell.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

MorbidMolly Guest
    I don`t know how to feel about Jerry.....I mean every Labor day we had to watch the Telethon religiously.....but that was back in the day when REAL entertainers performed.....haven`t watched it in years.....my mom adored him and Deano.....I love to hear the dirt on celebs, but for me it`s sad to hear it about Jerry.....no matter what a slime-ball he may be in real life.....I have to have SOME illusions left, kiddies....

Mamma Guest
    I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he's staying out of the limelight, if only for a short time. During one of his telethons in recent months, he made a gay/homo joke about a family member on the air, that did NOT fly over well at all. Haven't heard much from him since.

Guest Guest
    The French adore him. Need I go on?

poppie Guest
    (((Screw)))Welcome back - we have missed your words of wisdom.

I was happy to see a fat, bloated, grotesque Jerry Lewis - for whatever reason. He was always so quick to make fun or people and their looks, body shape, etc. Makes me believe Karma works!

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    The French adore him. Need I go on?
    NUFF SAID..............LMAO....

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post

He was so jealous of Dean Martin. When they broke up he said that Dean couldn't make it without him. What a joke. His kids said he was a prick too and he was tight fisted and horrible to their mother. I guess this new wife is what 30 yrs younger than he is gets the better treatment. go figure !
    I hated his movies when I was a kid but loved Dean. Dean had his problems with women lol but I wouldn;t have minded being one of his problems.

Ive never cared for anything this fat fuck has ever done.

Jazbabee Guest
    I have never heard good things about this little turd.....just always what a prick he is This is why he had to run off and create a life and livelihood in France supposedly

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    Jerry Lewis = DOM (dirty old man)

Reecy Guest
    He's dissapointed me as he got older. He just upped and left his wife who was there for him from the beginning of his career.

They still haven't found a cure for Muscular dystrophy and I've been seeing him telethoning his tail butt since I was a young girl. Billions of money........... What happened? No cure yet? They even have help for AIDS patients now. They're living longer.

Jerry Lewis had turned into an obnoxious ole fool and he should keep his big mouth shut!

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    I dig that big pumpkin head that he's sporting nowdays.....plus he used to
    fill his piehole with a shitload of percocet...

Hate. Absolutely. Never heard a good thing about him as a celebrity.

BUT I did work for the Muscular Dystrophy Association for a few years as a volunteer, and the man did bring attention to this disease. No cure, yes. But they've afforded a comfort level for some people that wouldn't have it otherwise. Have to give him snaps for that.

But that being said, even some of my pals with MD started a protest of him fronting the telethon calling themselves "Jerry's Orphans", because he always took pictures of himself with the most asthetically pleasing of the people afflicted with it.

Jersey Girl Guest
    I can't stand Jerry Lewis. I never got why anyone thought he was so funny. His whole "Hey Ladyyy!" schtick got on my last damn nerve.

Katie Guest
    The Telethon use to be very entertaining, but in the last couple of years it has become ho hum. I am grateful for all of his hard work for those who would otherwise not be able to do the things they do.

My favorite thing every year is to watch the last 30 minutes of the telethon, and listen to him sing,"You'll Never Walk Alone" I use to tape it every year, because I didn't think he would live another year. Last year he must have recorded it, and it sounded more professional, but the passion had been removed.

disco Guest
    wheres the love? lol. i agree jerry is rude and nasty. but he raises money for the babies and he was kind to dean when dean lost his son. at least from what i could tell. when i was a kid i thought he was funny. now after richard pryor, chappell, jim carry, why would he seem funny to us. plus he is old and sick and for some leads to a crappy disposition. i still like the telethon with jerry in spite of the occasional comment. however jerry may add one insult to many, then we could get mathew brodderick (ferris bueller) to do it.

disco Guest

respondomundo

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    Hate. Absolutely. Never heard a good thing about him as a celebrity.

BUT I did work for the Muscular Dystrophy Association for a few years as a volunteer, and the man did bring attention to this disease. No cure, yes. But they've afforded a comfort level for some people that wouldn't have it otherwise. Have to give him snaps for that.

But that being said, even some of my pals with MD started a protest of him fronting the telethon calling themselves "Jerry's Orphans", because he always took pictures of himself with the most asthetically pleasing of the people afflicted with it.
    thats all i m saying. i ve also heard some things. thanks for the post!

Noelle Page Guest
    I remember one year in particular--late 60s/early 70s?--when Jerry sported a full beard and was extremely crabby throughout the whole telethon. No wackiness, just acted dour, like he was in a terrible mood. As a child I wondered what was wrong. Does anyone else remember this?

Katie Guest
    Yes, I remember, and believe it was one of the times he was addicted to drugs.