Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bob Ross

Bob Ross

He seemed like a nice man. "Happy fluffy clouds".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    I remember my parents would watch the show on Saturdays...they didn't paint so I am sure what the big thrill was with that!!!!

juleebella Guest
    It was like watching Mr. Rogers - valium, plus the guy really was a great painter.

My son does a terrific impression of him - his voice, not his ability to paint.

Suzanne30 Guest
    His voice was so soothing.

ComputerGuy Guest
    Happy Fluffy Clounds. There we go... Nice fluffyy zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ComputerGuy; 10-12-2007 at 12:15 PM. Reason: none

rjbrasher Guest
    get a little paint and just tap it into the canvas, just tap tap tap on there.

then when he cleaned the brush he would rinse it in his bucket and smack it a few times to get the water off, and he would be all giggly like this is fun tee hee. Bob ruled.

rjbrasher Guest
    and eveything was happy too. Happy little trees, happy clouds, He was just wow man, just wow......

I watched that show and i am not sure why.Always felt mellow afterwards.

Tugboat25 Guest
    I wonder how much his paintings go for nowadays. I mean, if a Van Gogh can fetch 3 mil, I imagine a Ross can get 8 or even 9?
    (bucks or million?)

Love Bob Ross! No one like him; he was definitely a genuine soul.
    ??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.? - Michael Jackson

Mavros Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    I wonder how much his paintings go for nowadays. I mean, if a Van Gogh can fetch 3 mil, I imagine a Ross can get 8 or even 9? (bucks or million?)
    The last I heard, his original paintings sell in the $10,000 range. It seems he'd be easy to forge, though, since his techniques are well-known. I wonder if one feels "happy" and "peaceful" if one owns one.

What did he die of? Cancer?

knothere Guest
    wow I'm not happy... to know he's dead
    so I'll just pat pat pat.. myself on the back to feel better

Kathyf Guest

Bob Ross

Are you sure he is dead i have him on myspace here is the link
    www.myspace.com/b0br0ss

I have him on my myspace as well; someone else runs that page. Unfortunately yes he is dead. He died in 1995 from cancer.
    ??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.? - Michael Jackson

GODDESS6 Guest
    a very sad day when he died, i watched him every saturday, remember the injured squirrel he used have in his pocket sometimes?~

Tugboat25 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavros View Post
    The last I heard, his original paintings sell in the $10,000 range. It seems he'd be easy to forge, though, since his techniques are well-known. I wonder if one feels "happy" and "peaceful" if one owns one.

What did he die of? Cancer?
    Well Mavros, think how cool it would be to have an original Bob Ross!
    I have to say, I wish I had one and you know everyone would be kinda envious if they found out!

onehunglow Guest
    He was happy and it came in green plants. More power to ya Bob, you made the world a better place. Gone too soon. So lets rock this joint.

hoxharding Guest
    He had an injured squirrel in his pocket? Was he nursing back to health(I assume that was why he had it)

ComputerGuy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    He had an injured squirrel in his pocket? Was he nursing back to health(I assume that was why he had it)
    Are you happy or is that a squirrel in your pocket!!

Mavros Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    Well Mavros, think how cool it would be to have an original Bob Ross!
    I have to say, I wish I had one and you know everyone would be kinda envious if they found out!

No, Tug, I'd just like to know about the "happy"/"peaceful" thing (but you'd never tell).
    Last edited by Mavros; 10-13-2007 at 12:33 PM.

candleinthewind Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    He was happy and it came in green plants. More power to ya Bob, you made the world a better place. Gone too soon. So lets rock this joint.
    I loved Bob but you could smell the maryjane through the TV screen.

firegilnotguns Guest
    Aw, Bob Ross and his happy little trees! I remember being so sad when he died.

Just watching him paint and hearing his voice would totally relax me. What a talent!

onehunglow Guest

I tried to do one of his paintings. Turned a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    I loved Bob but you could smell the maryjane through the TV screen.
    Then I had a little help with those happy little plants and you know, it came out pretty good. Smellavison-inhale-hold it........................................................exhale. Now go grab that big 5 inch brush and have at it. Mixing the colors is the best.

dovescry1999 Guest
    It was like watching a joint.
    Instead of inhaling, he mellowed you out with his voice, and his paintings
    I can't even trace anything, but I loved watching his work unfold in canvas

"Remember there are no mistakes, only happy accidents." I loved Bob and his happy little trees that lived riiiight there.

deathybrad Guest
    I thought Bob died of AIDS? Why did I think that?

I wonder if anyone ever died while watching Bob, the kind of relaxed where you forget to voluntarily breathe.

b57hrle Guest
    I used to watch him on Saturdays too... don't forget its your little world and you can put your trees anywhere you want.... its your own happy little world.... yes he was raising an orphaned squirrel ..... he was definitely a gentle soul to watch, just hope he was like that in real life off camera... sadly missed... glad that they still show his shows on reruns!

rjbrasher Guest
    if i remember right he had his son on his show a few times, and he still paints to this day. But i havent heard much about him since the shows.

BobbyJrsy Guest
    Bob Ross! I haven't thought about him in some time. Thanks for this thread! I used to take painting lessons as a kid, and my teacher and I would watch his episodes together. My paintings always sucked and never looked like his. What a wonderful man--and that hair! RIP BR.

Bellfire Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post

YOU LEAVE MY MAN ALONE!!!!! I just loved him. His son took over but it wasn't the same. There was just something about that warm ,sweet hippy that I just loved.

bluebear71 Guest
    he seemed like a really nice man and he was a very gifted artist--bummer that he died, but i am sure he is in that happy little forest in the sky.

lil_zino Guest
    I used to watch him when I was a kid. I'd try to paint along with him, but I didn't do very good at all. That didn't stop my mom from putting my stuff up on the refrigerator.

I do remember being sad when he died. It's always such a loss when an artist passes on. I don't know if I feel that way because my husband is a musician or what.

cindysgold Guest
    It broke my heart when he died..
    I would love to have one of his paintings.
    He seemed like a very gentle soul.

JWest Guest
    Bob Ross paintings will increase in value. He was well known and liked. The art world mocked and ridiculed Norman Rockwell's paintings, some even called it "Not real art". When he was alive an artist friend had a choice of NR paintings in the 3-5K range. He had the dough and bought two. He has to have them kept in a bank vault now as they are so valued and sought. I'd loved to get Jonathan Winter's "First Day of War" picture that was shown on Johnny Carson once. It was a a painting of a serence picturesque top of a village and a single black bomb falling from the sky. I still think that's funny.

Celebrity artists becomes exremely valuable and more so dependent on the public memory.

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lurt5FosdB4

sorry...I just had to....WATCH OUT FOR THE ROCKS SKIPPER!!

RoRo Guest
    I watched him paint some "happy little trees that live right here" today!! He still comes on our PBS channel every saturday here......very relaxing to watch

SarahThirteen Guest
    I LOVED watching him!!!

Sock Puppet Guest
    I loved Bob Ross. Even though I never painted along, I still learned a lot from him. I loved his "happy accidents". I miss him still.

I only watched for the off chance he decided to use his hair as a paint brush.

ok ok, I also watched because he would turn what started out to look like a 1st graders art work into the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. His voice or happiness did nothing for me, I was there strictly for the art.

Flowergrrl Guest
    I used to love watching his show... That was how I got started into painting. I was so shocked when I found out he died. It was so sudden... I remember hearing he had cancer, then he was dead.

He was just so relaxing to watch, his voice kind of lulled you into some "happy, fluffy" place. I tried to paint using his techniques once and all I got was a huge mess.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

"We'll put this happy little bush right over here and if you tell anyone where that bush is I'll find you and stab you."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

BigBootyJudy Guest
    There was another guy who tried to be like Bob, he was "Mr Mikuta, the art man" Never was the same Bob was the best! I always wished I could paint along with him and make a masterpiece.

bunny Guest
    Oh man Bob was the best...I went out and bought a bunch of his books thinking I could paint like him if I had the books hahahah oh my god...not even close to him..
    Happy little trees...Happy little clouds...

AaronVail Guest
    I wonder if the fact he used to slap his turpentine laden brush against his easle had anything to do with his cancer. Turpentine's not cool.

His show though, is so relaxing. It's like televised ativan.

1karenhb Guest
    Sorry to say I've never heard of him.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I remember watching him as a kid and falling asleep sitting up on the couch.

I'm pretty sure his happy little clouds were actually smoke from the bong, but dang, he was great.

I seem to remember one of my older cousins trying to paint like him and it looked like a big blog of nothing.

Nerak Guest
    How long ago did he die?? My daughter and her friend had to do a painting assignment last nite, at my house, and they were totally joking about him, they both loved him, they kept saying look at me, I'm Bob Ross, it was cute...I did not know he was dead!

AaronVail Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    I remember watching him as a kid and falling asleep sitting up on the couch.

I'm pretty sure his happy little clouds were actually smoke from the bong, but dang, he was great.

I seem to remember one of my older cousins trying to paint like him and it looked like a big blog of nothing.
    Bob's actual paintings didn't look much better.