Thread: Bob Clark - A Christmas Story and Porky's Writer/Director

Jack Raines Guest

Bob Clark - A Christmas Story and Porky's Writer/Director

I felt this was fitting, since A Christmas Story is one of my favorite movies, today is Christmas, and there doesn't seem to be another thread about him on the board...

Benjamin "Bob" Clark (August 5, 1939 – April 4, 2007) was an American actor, director, screenwriter and producer best known for directing and writing the script with Jean Shepherd to the 1983 holiday film A Christmas Story. His earliest success was the 1982 hit film Porky's and he also wrote and directed its sequel Porky's II: The Next Day. Some of his last output included Baby Geniuses and SuperBabies: Baby Geniuses 2. ()

Clark and his son, Ariel Hanrath-Clark, 22, were killed in a head-on automobile collision on the Pacific Coast Highway in Pacific Palisades, Los Angeles on the morning of April 4, 2007. The crash occurred when an SUV crossed the median and struck Clark's Infiniti I30, causing the closure of the highway for eight hours.Police determined that the SUV's driver, Hector Velazquez-Nava, had a blood alcohol level of three times the legal limit and was driving without a license. He initially pleaded not guilty to two counts of gross vehicular manslaughter, but changed his plea to no contest in August. On October 12, 2007, Velasquez-Nava was sentenced to six years in prison under the terms of a plea agreement. In addition, he may face deportation to his native Mexico, as he entered and was living in the United States illegally.

GODDESS6 Guest
    i love christmas story & porky's~

Of the 3 "Porky's" movies, I always thought part 2 was the weakest.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Bob Clark not only directed one of the most beloved Christmas films, "A Christmas Story," he also made one of the most frightening: "Black Christmas." One of the best horror movies EVER.

Jazbabee Guest
    ~bump~ maybe Mods can merge with the newer thread

Quote Originally Posted by hank chinaski View Post
    Of the 3 "Porky's" movies, I always thought part 2 was the weakest.
    Really? I always thought the 3rd one was the weakest although Nancy Parsons gravely scream THEY ALL HAD BONERS! still makes me fall off the couch rolling with laughter.

LitaMalibu Guest
    Yes! It had nothing to do with Porky! Don't get me started about that Pee-Wee/Wendy semi plot...