Thread: Henry Cele (Shaka Zulu) 1949-2007

dovescry1999 Guest

Henry Cele (Shaka Zulu) 1949-2007

I was TOTALLY SHOCKED by this one...
    He passed away in November...
    [SIZE=3]Shaka Zulu star Henry Cele dies [/SIZE]
    Actor Henry Cele, famous for his role as Shaka Zulu, died in Durban's St Augustine's Hospital on Friday afternoon.

The 58-year old actor passed away on Friday afternoon in the intensive care unit of the hospital, a statement released by hospital said.

He had been admitted to the hospital more than a week ago with a chest infection.

Cele became famous for his chilling portrayal of Shaka Zulu in the SABC's 1986 Shaka Zulu miniseries, and the subsequent film that also starred Edward Fox and Christopher Lee.

He also starred in films such as the 1993 film Point of Impact and the 1990 film The Last Samurai.

Born in Durban in 1949, Cele was a professional soccer player prior to becoming an actor.

He was known as Henry 'Black Cat' Cele in his position as goalkeeper for several professional soccer clubs.

His funeral will be held next week in Durban. His wife, Jenny Hollander, was at his bedside when he passed away. - Sapa

Noelle Page Guest
    I just remember the commercials...."SHAKA ZULU!"....so much fun to say. Anyway, too bad.

Kathyf Guest
    Nice post. I did not even realize he died.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathyf View Post
    Nice post. I did not even realize he died.
    Neither did I....

dovescry1999 Guest
    Of course at that "Other" site, I had an argument with the powers that be. So, I just set up my own memorial.
    Fuck those "Cliques" at that other site!

Had no idea. Thanks for posting.

Two ropes, fool!