Thread: Gene Lyons

Bellfire Guest

Gene Lyons

Gene Lyons who played Raymond Burr's (Robert T Ironside) boss on the police drama Ironside died shortly before the show's end. He looked pale in the reruns to me and because the show used tecnicolor it's hard to tell if he was ill or if the tape is just worn. I looked up his biography and it says nothing about the cause of death. I mean the guy died younger than John Ritter and there is absolutely no inforamtion on him that I can find. If you know anything at all please let me know.

HippieMama Guest

firegilnotguns Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HippieMama View Post
    I believe that is a different Gene Lyons to the one Bellfire was talking about...

HippieMama Guest
    I went to the Ironside page on Wikipedia and clicked on the link for him, that is directly where it took me . . . check it out yourself.

firegilnotguns Guest
    I know, but there's nothing in that wiki article about him, and on his IMDb page, it does say that the Gene Lyons who was in Ironside died on the 8th of July, 1974. Also, as much as I truly, truly, love Wikipedia (couldn't have gotten my MA without it!) there are often mistakes in it.

rjbrasher Guest
    I went to the Ironside page on Wikipedia and clicked on the link for him, that is directly where it took me . . . check it out yourself.
    Yea thats not him, There are two people out there with the same name. Yea there are a few articles on wiki where it takes ya to the wrong person with the same name, I had it happen to be a few times already. If i remember right Wiki are just entries really written by anyone.

Guest Guest
    Wikipedia has LOTS of mistakes from it, cause for 1, the public is the one who give the research, also, the public tends to go about on rumors and lies also. I learned the hard way through school. Cost me a D- on an essay. : sighs :

Bellfire Guest

Actually, that's one of the problems. That's his name but it's soneone elses profile. His name and profile can be found on imdb.com. It doesn't say much but it's gives you more that that other one does.

GlitterGlam Guest
    Speaking of unsolved mysteries, does anyone remember an episiode years ago when "Unsolved Mysteries" first started about Ricky Schroeder's niece who went missing while they were on vacation and visting some desert? He was on Howard Stern about year ago and I wanted to call in and ask him, but didn't. Maybe I'm crazy

SquirrelNutZipper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterGlam View Post
    Speaking of unsolved mysteries, does anyone remember an episiode years ago when "Unsolved Mysteries" first started about Ricky Schroeder's niece who went missing while they were on vacation and visting some desert? He was on Howard Stern about year ago and I wanted to call in and ask him, but didn't. Maybe I'm crazy

You're not crazy GlitterGlam. It was exactly as you remember. The girl was never found. There's a few discussions about it on the Unsolved Mysteries board. I can't recall her name but if I have a chance tonight I will post her name.

UPDATE: The board is sitcomsonline...and the distant cousin to which you are referring is named Laura Bradbury. I was correct though that they still have not found her. Truly sad story.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by SquirrelNutZipper; 10-11-2007 at 06:01 PM. Reason: adding more stuff

mollybalto Guest
    Some of Laura Bradbury's bones were found and identified as hers in 1990, but the case was never soved.