Thread: Françoise Dorléac

Genevieve Guest

Françoise Dorléac

She was the older sister of Catherine Deneuve, a great beauty known for her role in Polanski's Cul-de-sac. Her final film was Billion Dollar Brain with Michael Caine. She was driving to Nice airport when she crashed into a signpost and the car flipped and went on fire. She was seen struggling to open the door in a panic before the explosion. Apparently that car model often had a fault with the door. Her sister was badly affected when she heard that Francoise was still alive and trying to get out when the car burst into flames.

Lisamarie Guest
    Oh gosh thats awful ! Poor thing!!! Do you have a link to a pic of her maybe???

Genevieve Guest

I've read that anyone interviewing Deneuve is not permitted to ask about her sister. Ever.

She too was a beautiful woman.. and a great actress. Had she lived I think she would have been even greater than her sister... Both she and Deneuve starred in Polanski films... he sure knew how to pick beautiful and talented women - both professionally and privately
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Love is the answer - and you know that for sure.

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Genevieve View Post

I had never heard of her before. Thanks for the initial post and the follow up page with pictures.

jomei2810 Guest
    Her Grave
    Burial: Cimetiere de Seineport, Seine et Marne, France
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f.dorleasgrave.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	29253  

Wow. Can't believe I am just now aware of this!