Thread: Ray Wylie Hubbard

Ray Wylie Hubbard

My Mr. and I were sitting around listening to music and Ray Wylie's name came up. While he has not exactly been embraced - at all, ever - by the so called mainstream music industry, IMHO the man is a treasure. His songwriting is unparalleled. He is known largely for "Up Against the Wall, Red neck Mother", which Jerry Jeff Walker covered, "Snake Farm," and his cover of "Choctaw Bingo." He is, in my eyes, a freaking poet. Also, he was super cool to me on Twitter. ��

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Wylie_Hubbard

Drunken Poet's Dream
    http://youtu.be/30m54CkyIKo

Conversations with the Devil
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yJm4jNrldek
    Last edited by Nessa; 11-16-2017 at 05:34 PM.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

He is a Texas treasure (even though he's from Oklahoma) and unfortunately was screwed over by the Warner Brothers label back in the 70's. It's also why Jimmy Buffet, Toby Keith and Gretchen Wilson eschew record labels so they can have creative control. It's also my understanding that because they aren't signed to a major label they can never win a grammy, but I doubt they care. Ray Wylie Hubbard has a radio show every Tuesday on KNBT in New Braunsfels, you might be able to catch it on the internet.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

He is a treasure! I could listen to him tell me stories with his songs all day. Second only to Waylon in my book. Even his Tweets are poetic.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin