Thread: Bodybuilder Dallas McCarver, 26

PurrPurr Guest

Bodybuilder Dallas McCarver, 26

Apparently choked to death on food. What a terrible way to die, especially at a young age.
    http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/22/dallas...hokes-on-food/

I saw it. Of course all the medical professionals in the comments section are sure it's a cover up and he died of something steroid related even though the 911 call's been revealed and it does say he was choking on something. He seemingly collapsed on stage a few months ago and there is speculation whether that and this are connected...maybe it was some kind of mini seizure?

Holy smokes. I just looked at the picture of him. You can not do that to your body and not expect some negative feedback from your body.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Poor guy. What a way to go. I actually have a big fear of this. Can you imagine? Living alone and you're choking on food and no one around to give you the Heimlich. Damn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Holy smokes. I just looked at the picture of him. You can not do that to your body and not expect some negative feedback from your body.
    I suspect that you're right.
    It's got to be something like getting too danged skinny or becoming dangerously over weight. RIP, big guy - that's way too young.
    Didn't a young female body builder die recently due to a "protein overdose"?

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Poor guy. What a way to go. I actually have a big fear of this. Can you imagine? Living alone and you're choking on food and no one around to give you the Heimlich. Damn.
    I hear you.
    I've done a little reading and thinking about exactly that - I almost choked to death when I was 8 or 10 years old.
    It turns out that there is an appropriate maneuver that you can employ even if you are alone; it's best to practice it a time or two just in case you ever have to actually do it:

1. Quickly lie down on a flat surface. The floor or the ground works fine but something like a coffee table is better because you can have your head and shoulders slightly off one end and hanging down a little lower than your torso.
    2. Press the small of your back flat and hard into the table or floor while drawing your knees up toward your face.
    3. As you draw your knees up you'll feel a sudden pressure welling up in your stomach and chest.
    4. Try to pull your knees up as far as you can - almost like you're trying to touch them to your forehead.
    5. When they're up as far as you can get them, exhale forcefully and grab your ankles.
    6. Pull your ankles toward your face while lifting your head and shoulders forward between your knees.
    7. While leaned forward with your head between your knees, pull back hard on your ankles, lunge your head forward and kiss your ass goodbye because you are a goner.

You start choking all by your lonesome and it is over with.

Hey; I said it was an "appropriate" maneuver; I didn't say it was a life saving maneuver.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    There is actually a way to give yourself the Heimlich; unfortunately not many people know this:
    https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/001983.htm

^^^ Thank you PurrPurr!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

A former (and not very well-thought of) principal of the high school here in Murphy, NC choked to death on a piece of steak while eating dinner out at a restaurant in Las Vegas, NV a few years ago.

Unfortunately, and sadly, this is one man that I did not grieve over when he passed away. He was very cranky and even mean-spirited towards both me and my own mother when Mom was trying to keep the idiot bullies at the high school I was attending away from me and keep me from either getting beat up (or worse). Mom called down there one time to complain and his exact words to her over the phone were, "What is it NOW?!?!?!?"

I hated that bastard......

Back on topic: I saw this in my email. IT's sad to see this guy's life end so early and so suddenly. Condolences to his family and friends.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Jim, just trying to do that last thingy would kill me.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.