Thread: Chester Bennington, Linkin Park

Chester Bennington, Linkin Park

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide ... TMZ has learned. Law enforcement sources tell us the singer hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in L.A. County. His body was discovered Thursday just before 9 AM.
    Chester was married with 6 children from 2 wives.
    The singer struggled with drugs and alcohol for years. He had said in the past he had considered committing suicide because he had been abused as a child by an older male.
    http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/20/linkin...mmits-suicide/

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide ... TMZ has learned. Law enforcement sources tell us the singer hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in L.A. County. His body was discovered Thursday just before 9 AM.
    Chester was married with 6 children from 2 wives.
    The singer struggled with drugs and alcohol for years. He had said in the past he had considered committing suicide because he had been abused as a child by an older male.
    http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/20/linkin...mmits-suicide/
    To anyone who followed him, this was one of those surprised but not that much deaths. He has had mental health issues over the years on top of the drugs and drink and he was good friends with Chris Cornell so that would have hit him hard and might just have been enough to throw him over the edge.

I've not followed them so much the last few years but Hybrid Theory and Meteora were played non stop in my house during the 00s. As I said earlier it's one of those oh god moments but at the same time, something you might expect to hear at some point. All I can say is RIP Chester.

3. 07-20-2017, 12:07 PM

And he did it on what would of been Chris Cornell's 53rd birthday, very sad.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I am crushed. RIP Chester, you will be greatly missed!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "I just know I'm not the greatest power on this earth. I didn't create myself, because I would have done a hell of a better job." -Layne Staley

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
    And he did it on what would of been Chris Cornell's 53rd birthday, very sad.
    As I said in my post, I'm sure they were best friends so maybe he had been feeling low anyway because of his death and this being his birthday, it was just too much. When I first read it on TMZ, I hoped it was a hoax but E News and others are confirming the story now too.
    Last edited by Shellie; 07-20-2017 at 06:28 PM. Reason: spelling

I didn't know they were close friends. Wow, you may be right about that. How sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    When I first read it on TMZ, I hoped it was a hoax but E News and others are confirming the story now too.
    I just read somewhere else online that he died and I thought I was seeing things I hope this doesn't sound cold but what the hell is going on? I can't believe another singer is gone

Apparently, Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington were quite close. Bennington penned an open letter to Cornell after he died, and he sang "Hallelujah" at Chris' funeral. It's eerie, sad, and ironic, considering he also hung himself.

Not to be morbid, but I do wonder if Chester chose yesterday deliberately because it was Chris' birthday.

Either way, more kids are without their father, and this is just tragic. Dying at 41 is just too young.

Depression and mental illness suck, now I am not saying he had a mental illness, but those of that have depression and have been abused as a child it's a long hard road, I too read that Chester and Chris were very good friends, and loosing a good or best friend is also hard to deal with, I just wish he would have thought about his kids and wife before doing it, I too once was sitting in the bathroom with pills in my hand about to take them and just give up, but then I thought of my husband and my niece and nephews and my fur babies and I said what the heck am I doing, I flushed the pills and then went and told my hubby, and we got help for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ShyLurker View Post
    Apparently, Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington were quite close. Bennington penned an open letter to Cornell after he died, and he sang "Hallelujah" at Chris' funeral. It's eerie, sad, and ironic, considering he also hung himself.

Not to be morbid, but I do wonder if Chester chose yesterday deliberately because it was Chris' birthday.

Either way, more kids are without their father, and this is just tragic. Dying at 41 is just too young.
    According to friends he was really happy but I wonder if this is because he had already decided to do it especially if you look at the lyrics of the last few songs he wrote. They've never been happy happy but the last few were really depressing. I think the same as you regarding the day he did it, it's too much of a coincidence not to be at least in my opinion.

Something I have noticed that I can't believe is the amount of ppl moaning because the tour has been cancelled saying he was selfish for doing it and they could have brought in a guest singer. As much as they were a band, Chester was LP in my opinion and you could never replace him.

I was on Facebook today and someone I know posted this and I found it interesting I'm not sure if it's 100% true but it says Chester might have been murdered and I know that this thread is for Chester but it also says there might be a connection between his and Chris Cornell's death that he was murdered as well anyway here it is

http://yournewswire.com/chester-bennington-murdered/

I found this as well I don't know if anyone will find any interest in it or if it's true

http://yournewswire.com/chester-benn...urder-coverup/

This breaks my heart. What a kind, intelligent man Chester was. I wish he were still here
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

No family wants to believe that their loved one killed themselves, yeah they are going to say they were murdered, and if the wife has proof that he was dead before hanging, what proof and was she there when he was "murdered" if so then shouldn't she be looked at as a suspect? She might want to be careful of what she says or the police may take her serious and look at her.

Is that the housekeeper or the wife crying in the background of the 911 call? The driver said twice that the housekeeper is talking to the wife. My God how heartbreaking...http://abc7chicago.com/entertainment...dead-/2248905/

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
    Is that the housekeeper or the wife crying in the background of the 911 call? The driver said twice that the housekeeper is talking to the wife. My God how heartbreaking...http://abc7chicago.com/entertainment...dead-/2248905/
    I think it's the housekeeper. IIRC, I'm sure I read that she was the one who found him then ran to tell the driver who called it in while she called his wife in hysterics.

His wife just released a statement thanking everyone for their support and stating how heartbroken they are and how much she and the kids will miss Chester. Unlike someone else who chased the spotlight when their husband died, she did it with grace and class.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    His wife just released a statement thanking everyone for their support and stating how heartbroken they are and how much she and the kids will miss Chester. Unlike someone else who chased the spotlight when their husband died, she did it with grace and class.
    Wasn't there something about her posting weird twitter posts after Chester's death?

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
    Wasn't there something about her posting weird twitter posts after Chester's death?
    Just that she claims he was murdered and that he was already dead when he was hung and she has proof.

Just that she claims he was murdered and that he was already dead when he was hung and she has proof.
    Oh ok

Somebody hacked her Twitter account after Chester died and posted that. It was quickly taken down

Originally Posted by TeddyBear

Death certificate - hanging with belt is cause of death

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk...edacted-02.pdf

25. 08-05-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Death certificate - hanging with belt is cause of death

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk...edacted-02.pdf
    The link didn't work for me it was just a blank gray page maybe it's just my bad internet connection

The link didn't work for me it was just a blank gray page maybe it's just my bad internet connection
    Worked for me.

works for me

Worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    works for me
    There we go now the link worked that's just weird maybe my connection wasn't working great that day

Seemingly there was that many complaints about stuff being on sale from his memorial that Ebay have taken all the listings down.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    Seemingly there was that many complaints about stuff being on sale from his memorial that Ebay have taken all the listings down.
    Maybe I'm slow I don't understand are you saying people are taking things from his memorial and selling them on Ebay?

Autopsy report - positive for alcohol and meth - hanged himself with a belt

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/Bennington_Redacted.pdf
    Last edited by cash; 12-05-2017 at 03:41 PM.

One empty beer bottle and another more than half empty. The MDMA (meth/molly) was listed as "presumptive positive" but news reports are stating that a second and third test didnt show any in blood samples. Either way, seems very little of anything ingested.

Apparently, he saw his house keeper when he arrived home from Arizona around 10:30 pm, on July 19th after taking a commercial flight on American Airlines from Arizona where he has a home and was on vacation with his wife and children.

The house keeper found him in the bedroom deceased when an uber ride, sent by his band management came to take him to a photo shoot in the morning.

According to his autopsy, his body was in excellent physical shape for a man of 41. Sadly his suffered from chronic depression and anxiety. Nail bits and trimmings were found on his bedside table under his phone and on another table in his bedroom which his wife said he did when he was feeling anxious . Wife also reported that in 2006 he had a bad episode where he left the house with a gun and she had to call police to find him. The second part of that story was redacted.

Edited to report the redacted portion was reported on now by TMZ that he allegedly had another suicide attempt while intoxicated where he supposedly tied himself up and jumped in the pool 9 months before his death. The wife's lawyers got that portion redacted from the coroners report and is not happy about it being revealed.

Oh how his voice and personality will be missed. I wish he had been able to overcome the problems. I cant help but think he was too soon into recovery to be touring and was feeling anxiety and overwhelmed about the responsibility. I guess he didnt want to let his band down but now I wish he had
    Last edited by baroque1; 12-06-2017 at 04:25 PM.
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

Chris Cornell was physically healthy also

35. 12-27-2017, 08:53 PM

I absolutely loved Linkin Park, they had so many great songs. This was such a tragic loss to all who knew Chester as well as his fans. I was watching a radio interview Chester had done (apparently his last) and I have to say there were alarm bells going off. He spoke about an internal struggle within his head and how it wasn't a nice place in there when he was left alone with his thoughts, very sad. I also watched the carpool karaoke that was filmed 6 days before his death and I wouldn't have picked up on anything, they all looked like they were having fun, even Chester. I still wish he was with us, so very sad. RIP Chester, you are missed

Radio Interview - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCpW5g87vHg
    Carpool Karaoke - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyu0_a36BEU
    Last edited by BuzzyChick; 01-18-2018 at 04:37 PM.