Thread: Chuck Berry, 90

Chuck Berry, 90

By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Rest in peace.

Wow...

I remember watching him on TV doing his famous duck walk when I was a kid, and my brother, sister and I trying to imitate it. He was a favorite in our house: Maybelline, Johnny B. Goode, and his other hits got our whole family dancing, and duck walking. Gone but definitely not forgotten. Even the younger set who play music today know who he is. Most of them learning his early guitar riffs that a lot of current music is based on:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=EqS76TFCCYs
    Last edited by SomeChick; 03-18-2017 at 04:05 PM. Reason: that's the one :)

Oh, no! RIP (Now I have Maybelline stuck in my head again, but The Killer's singing it.)
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Not looking too good for Little Richard either, those two were my faves growing up.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Oh, no! RIP (Now I have Maybelline stuck in my head again, but The Killer's singing it.)
    I have Nadine stuck in my head after watching the video I posted and sending it to my mom, lol. And yep, that's Keith Endorsement for Drugs as Preservatives Richards in the background.

I saw Little Richard in concert from the 5th row in the '90s, Bawb. Great show.

I was watching some early (1970's) Saturday Night Live shows on NetFlix a few months back, and he was their musical guest. I looked him up and actually surprised he was still around.
    --William Shakespeare!

I was too because I hadn't heard a peep out of him in years. Check this out:

My mom just told me that she and a girlfriend saw him live in 1957 in a club downtown that was demolished in the '60s. She said they were quite conspicuous back then because they were the only white people there, which might seem odd now, but those were the days before integration. She said he did the duck walk to an SRO house and the crowd went wild after every number. She said her favorites during that performance were Brown Eyed Handsome Man and Maybelline.

I never knew that until today.

Really cool story SC.

RIP, Chuck.

Damn - what a life he must have lived!
    I just watched a vid of him doing Johnny B. Goode live in 1958 - the year I was born - he was rockin' it.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

RIP good sir.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Has anyone ever heard the rumor that he was into watching girls sit naked on a glass table? I swear I heard that about him. Seems like it was mentioned by Ralph Garman on his podcast with Kevin Smith.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Really cool story SC.

RIP, Chuck.

Damn - what a life he must have lived!
    I just watched a vid of him doing Johnny B. Goode live in 1958 - the year I was born - he was rockin' it.
    Thanks Jim, and I can only imagine!

A friend of mine told me that there used to be a video on the interwebs of him peeing on some woman. I couldn't find it or anything else that isn't hearsay about it. Has anyone ever seen it or firsthand corroboration of it? If so, what was the deal? And, if someone finds the video, remember that we're not allowed to post it if it shows genetalia. That includes his twigs and/or berries.

I had a friend many years ago. He's been gone probably 15 years now. He tells this story..........He was a part of the group that brought Chuck Berry to town back in the late 50's (He did come here and play). He was notorious for showing up at the last second. He never actually had a band. He would show up and play with locals, get his money and off he would go.

His agent supposedly had a stand in there ready to go in case Chuck didn't show up. My friend stated that he looked very much like Chuck Berry and I do believe that this would have been something you could get away with back then.

According to him, he came walking in at the last minute. Did his show, grabbed his money and off he went.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Has anyone ever heard the rumor that he was into watching girls sit naked on a glass table? I swear I heard that about him. Seems like it was mentioned by Ralph Garman on his podcast with Kevin Smith.
    I don't know if that is true, but with everything you can read on the internet these days, it wouldn't surprise me if he was in to some kinky stuff. I know for a fact he was arrested back in the late 50's for transporting a 14 yr old girl across state lines for "immoral purposes". So, yeah... anything's possible.
    --William Shakespeare!

I remember reading he owned or played regularly at a club/restaurant and would watch women in the bathroom through a peep hole. Sorry fuzzy on the specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Thanks Jim, and I can only imagine!

A friend of mine told me that there used to be a video on the interwebs of him peeing on some woman. I couldn't find it or anything else that isn't hearsay about it. Has anyone ever seen it or firsthand corroboration of it? If so, what was the deal? And, if someone finds the video, remember that we're not allowed to post it if it shows genetalia. That includes his twigs and/or berries.
    I've heard about that too! I've never seen it, nor would I want to. The glass table rumor is that he liked to watch naked girls defecate on the glass table top. Like from under the table. I've heard this rumor for a long time. Then again that means nothing. The Rod Stewart rumor went around for years and years too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Actually he owned a restuarant and then installed video cameras in the women's bathrooms so he could watch them pee/poo or whatever. Here's an article about that:

http://rulefortytwo.com/secret-rock-...hroom-cameras/

Johnny B Goode live - you can't beat it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQGCWf6azHY

he was also a huge perv

http://nypost.com/2017/03/21/the-dar...lled-sex-life/
    Last edited by cash; 03-21-2017 at 12:18 PM.

perv...bye

Has anyone ever read Chuck Berry's autobiography? I read it years ago. I can't remember if it was a library book, if I borrowed it from a friend...I wish I still had a copy of it. He had such a way with words - it was a pleasure to read.

Chuck Berry - The Autobiography

JFOK Guest
    Just saw a photo of Chuck in his casket after being dead three weeks...he looked good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chuck.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	54234  

I saw Chuck quite a few times through the 80's and 90's. The shows were always hit or miss, as he always used pick up bands and he would sometimes go on these weird long rants in between songs. From experience, I kind say he was kind of a dick.

To clear up a few myths: He would show up about ten minutes before the gig and wouldn't go on stage unless he got paid - cash only. Wouldn't pose for pictures. Wanted to get paid to sign his records. And yes, he did make videos of himself peeing on women. Unfortunately, I did see one back in the day. He may not have been a person I would liked to have hung out with, but I still loved his music.
    Last edited by Willy; 04-11-2017 at 01:03 PM.

I have to admit, I knew nothing about him being a perv, save for the crossing state lines with an underage girl years ago, but the stories that are starting to come out after his passing have left me dumbfounded...
    --William Shakespeare!

Quote Originally Posted by JFOK View Post
    Just saw a photo of Chuck in his casket after being dead three weeks...he looked good.

WOW! Where did that come from?? That picture (and your description of how long Chuck has been gone here) reminded me of the late Yogi Paramahansa Yogananda. After his passing in the 1950s, his own body lay in an open casket for about three weeks not showing any signs of decay at all.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain