Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: DDII The Six Degrees of Helter Skelter

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Filmmaker78 View Post
    We're aiming for the end of August. There should be a shiny new trailer online for it in a couple of weeks.

The film is in the "color grading" part of post-production, for those of you in film/TV production. It's 3X's the film it would have been had we released it last December -- so much has happened since then with getting footage and music and photos...

Love that the original trailer and Shorty Shea clip together have received nearly 100,000 views on YouTube!
    Thanks Filmmaker!

Filmmaker78 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnythepooh View Post
    And can we watch on European dvd players?
    That shouldn't be a problem. I believe most newer DVD players in other countries play everything. Bigger problems tend to arise when you bring a Euro DVD to the States. I know people in England have been buying the first DVD without many issues, if any.

I'm actually reading helter skelter for the first time i just got it from the library yesterday, I really want to see the movie not the new one but the original and unfortunatley I cant find it around here. I've said in other posts about susan atkins that shouldn't be in a hospital. i think they should just let her stay in her cell. Let her suffer. But that's just me.

miz rosebud Guest
    woooo hoo keep up the good work!! Im so excited I cant wait to order this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonbutterfly View Post
    I'm actually reading helter skelter for the first time i just got it from the library yesterday, I really want to see the movie not the new one but the original and unfortunatley I cant find it around here. I've said in other posts about susan atkins that shouldn't be in a hospital. i think they should just let her stay in her cell. Let her suffer. But that's just me.
    Helter Skelter is available on DVD. Just take a look on Amazon. I had it on video a long time ago (on Betamax!). Unfortunately my dvd-player only plays region 2 dvd's.
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    That'll be a nice way to end the summer-we've waited this long-not much longer now.

Thanks Filmmaker78 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Linnythepooh View Post
    Helter Skelter is available on DVD. Just take a look on Amazon. I had it on video a long time ago (on Betamax!). Unfortunately my dvd-player only plays region 2 dvd's.
    Though I will always love the original 70's version, the one made in 2004 was awesome.

My mom said she wont watch the 70's version at night by herself. She said it spooked her way too much. lol I'll have to see the new version too and I'll have to look it up on amazon thanks for telling me Linnythepooh I have a dvd/vhs player so i dont care if i get it on either as long as i can see it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    Though I will always love the original 70's version, the one made in 2004 was awesome.
    I liked both of them, because they show different sides to this case. The original shows the hunt for the killers and the court case and the new version shows more of "Family life". However, the newer version looked somewhat cheap, with some of the worst wigs I've seen. And some of the details weren't right either. Like for instance, in the scene where Sharon is murdered, you see Susan Atkins, Tex Watson AND Patricia Krenwinkel stabbing Sharon.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonbutterfly View Post
    My mom said she wont watch the 70's version at night by herself. She said it spooked her way too much. lol I'll have to see the new version too and I'll have to look it up on amazon thanks for telling me Linnythepooh I have a dvd/vhs player so i dont care if i get it on either as long as i can see it lol

I may buy a copy myself. I can't watch it on my dvd-player (I have a region 2 player), but I can watch in on the computer.

Any Death Hags around Smithfield North Carolina will have the opportunity to see the world premiere of The Six Degrees of Helter Skelter - later this month. 9:30pm Friday September 26th.

http://www.myspace.com/avagardnerfilmfestival

Filmmaker78 Guest

ALSO.....

We're working on a new trailer! The film has come miles and miles from where it was six months ago.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    I agree. I have both on dvd. 2 different views of the case. The 1976 version was cool and Steve Railsback as Charlie was eerie! He scared me (although I was 10 at the time). Great performance. THe 2004 version is really cool and I like the way they focused more on the family life and more on the victims before they died. It was nice that they put some humanity into the victims, showed them as people and not just dead bodies on the ground/floor. I thought Jeremy Davies did a fantastic job as Charlie, different from Steve Railsback but just as good and just as convincing. Both a definite must have for your DVD collection.

knothere Guest
    Smithfield North Carolina

was that a red carpet thingy? lol

knothere Guest
    not makin fun of the film festival just the name of the place its in lol

niceangelbaby Guest

Cool I know

spam removed
    Last edited by JefeStone; 09-23-2008 at 09:42 AM.

17. 09-23-2008, 08:25 AM
    Reason
    commenting of previous post

So with the premiere tomorrow, when can we can expect to be able to order our own copies!? I'm excited!!!

Filmmaker78 Guest
    Thanks for asking!

The film is at a point this week where we're relying on someone else's work and schedule (we're having it color graded) so it depends on how fast that person gets it done. When he's finished, there's a two-week delay to get the DVD on the market. I'm aiming for November.

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    ok~must focus on November........

21. 10-09-2008, 02:54 PM

D3LIVIÃ?N Guest
    So when is the DVD release date again?

pinkrose35 Guest
    Must be November I've asked for this for Christmas.

Falcon25 Guest
    That trailer is class BTW.

My DVD player is broken. I wonder if the good old trusty playstation 2 would play the american version(I'm in London). I'm guessing not as someone up top mentioned only the newer ones play all types.

It should play on your pc, Falcon. Last year I bought an Australian dvd (region 4) and I can play it on my pc.

Sam Guest
    I CAN'T WAIT for the DVD!!!
    Scott and Filmmaker78 asked to use the photo I posted here that I took of the "Tate House" taken from Valentino's house in 1979 and it's on the TRAILER!!

Snudgie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Scott and Filmmaker78 asked to use the photo I posted here that I took of the "Tate House" taken from Valentino's house in 1979 and it's on the TRAILER!!

Squueeeeeeee!!! I just watched the trailer on the FAD home page and was coming here to tell you Sam..haha!!! You must be so excited! I'm gonna buy the DVD and pause it every time the pic comes on and tell anyone in a 1 mile radius that my friend Sam from FAD took that photo!!

knothere Guest
    the trailer was fukin awsome man just fukin awsome n too short loljk

Filmmaker78 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

Thought you might like that, Sam!

Love the trailer! I'm with you Snudgie...

Squeeee!

Sam Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Snudgie View Post
    Squueeeeeeee!!! I just watched the trailer on the FAD home page and was coming here to tell you Sam..haha!!! You must be so excited! I'm gonna buy the DVD and pause it every time the pic comes on and tell anyone in a 1 mile radius that my friend Sam from FAD took that photo!!
    Thank you!

Thought you might like that, Sam!
    Yes, I was thrilled. I never imagined that photo would be of use to anyone but me. I'm honored!
    Last edited by Sam; 10-10-2008 at 08:06 PM.

knothere Guest
    condradulations sam woot wooot
    Last edited by knothere; 10-10-2008 at 07:57 PM. Reason: spellin errors again lol

miz rosebud Guest
    yiipppeeee im gonna ask for this for christmas!!!!

way to go scott!

nice trailor i loved it!

Sam Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    condradulations sam woot wooot
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by miz rosebud View Post
    yiipppeeee im gonna ask for this for christmas!!!!

way to go scott!

nice trailor i loved it!
    My sister asked me 2 days ago what I wanted for Christmas? I told her I didn't know...NOW I KNOW!

Snudgie Guest
    I told Mr Snudgie that I wanted it.....you should have seen the look I got...it was like...

*Holy crap, what kind of a FREAK did I marry!??!*

Bwahahahhaaaaaaaa!....that's my evil laugh, by the way..

Danny62 Guest
    My oldest daughter has a fasination with serial killers...we are both excited about seeing this video!!!

I am sure I mentioned this before but when I got Scotts first DVD "Dearly Departed Vol I" when I started it I was alone in the family room...little by little the family just couldn't resist having a peek and pretty soon I had the whole family watching it with me.

I guess they are closet Death hags.

Lifeisafataldisease Guest
    Havent been around here for a while but I'm still waiting with baited breath for the DVD, so so excited!

D3LIVIÃ?N Guest

DD2

Yeah the 2nd trailer looks even better than the first (white rabbit) one.

I'll try asking again, does anyone know if there is an actual release date scheduled yet?

Scott should have a screening at Hollywood Forever Cemetary, I would bring popcorn for everyone, I'm just saying.

Name:  popcorn.gif
Views: 3523
Size:  12.8 KB

Cataroo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Delivian View Post

I'll try asking again, does anyone know if there is an actual release date scheduled yet?

Scott should have a screening at Hollywood Forever Cemetary, I would bring popcorn for everyone, I'm just saying.

Would you throw in a plane ticket from FL to CA??

D3LIVIÃ?N Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataroo View Post
    Would you throw in a plane ticket from FL to CA??
    Sorry bud, although I may have to open my door for a few local death hags and have a movie showing at my house.

Filmmaker78 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Delivian View Post

We're aiming for some time in November. And we are planning a screening in Hollywood, but not at the cemetery. We'll let everyone here know.

D3LIVIÃ?N Guest
    We're aiming for some time in November. And we are planning a screening in Hollywood, but not at the cemetery. We'll let everyone here know.
    I'm so there!

Jaws Guest
    Wow! now this looks good.

Arrow Have Question

Hey can I ask a question I dunno if its dumb or somethin....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My question: Why hasn't the Dearly Departed Tour been publicized?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah... Just got my father to buy the Dearly Departed dvs´s for Christmas - new he would understand my "weird" interests Hope it will be released in time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Love is the answer - and you know that for sure.

MbalmR Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Star84 View Post
    My question: Why hasn't the Dearly Departed Tour been publicized?
    Uh..................it has. Pay attention, LOL!

LOL OH OK...no i mean like commercials on tv and stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nosgothic Guest
    I'm excited for this. I honestly don't even know much about this whole story, but I hear so much about it. Can't wait!

Kind of random, but I recently saw Manson's prison shirt at a Ripley's museum in TN.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Wow! now this looks good.
    welcome Jaws and I too love your avi!

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I can't wait for DDII to come out!!!!!
    I just got DD I the other day and watched it last night. It was so cool!!!!!!!!! Loved it Scott.
    Come on with DDII!!!

Sign me up for a copy!! This is going to be great....