Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carrie Fisher

Carrie Fisher

GOD IS NOT DEAD

navallint Guest
    Well, this sucks. RIP. 2017, I hope you are kinder.

May she R.I.P.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

R.I.P.

i am really sad to hear this. i was really hoping she would pull thru. RIP.

We knew this was coming but it doesn't make it any less painful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PurrPurr Guest
    Poor lady. I only knew it was a matter of time.

RIP Ms. Fisher.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...227-story.html Rest in peace Carrie Fisher I loved her sense of humor ,May God watch over her Family ...
    Last edited by Drew; 12-27-2016 at 01:21 PM.

It sure has been a bad year for celebrities, Rest in peace-

Damn they are dropping like flies

I was afraid she wasn't going to make it. She was quite the party animal when she was younger. It takes a toll on your gizzards. Plus, she was down a long time without oxygen getting to her brain. I feel for Debbie Reynolds, and the rest of Carrie's Family. RIP Princess.
    Last edited by cleanskull; 01-05-2017 at 06:02 PM.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

And her Mama is still kickin'!!
    I have a hunch that CF had been dead since she was put on the bus, but they were just keeping her going to get the family together.
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    I have a hunch that CF had been dead since she was put on the bus, but they were just keeping her going to get the family together.
    From the reports being released, I think that is what happened.

Like many have said, it's been expected since the news was first released she had the heart attack but it's still gets you. I know she played many parts but I will always remember her as Leia, the princess who could kick ass.

R.I.P.

I had so much faith she would recover.

They keep showing photos of her and her lovely dog on the news, makes me well up inside

This just sucks!!! 2016 you have been HORRIBLE as far as celebrity deaths!!! I hope and pray that 2017 is a lot kinder to our fellow humans. Rest in peace Princess Leia.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Oh my.......so hoped she would make it. Just sad. May she rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    Well, this sucks. RIP. 2017, I hope you are kinder.
    i think it's just gonna keep happening, a whole new generation is at 'that' age now when dropping dead isn't as suprising as say, a 30 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    We knew this was coming but it doesn't make it any less painful.
    Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    Poor lady. I only knew it was a matter of time.

RIP Ms. Fisher.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I was afraid she wasn't going to make it. She was quite the party animal when she was younger. It takes atoll on your gizzards. Plus, she was down a long time without oxygen getting to her brain. I feel for Debbie Reynolds, and the rest of Carrie's Family. RIP Princess.
    nobody will ever trust the medical term 'stable' again. i've seen a lot of people online hoping that meant she was laying there with gary awake and 'resting comfortably' (that's one that they used on joan rivers to give us hope)

Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    me too, i read she had never gained consciousness. and i don't think her family wanted to pull the proverbial plug on christmas eve/day. who wants that memory?

Very sad news. RIP Carrie.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Very sad RIP Carrie
    2016 has truly sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although we saw what was going to happen, it is still incredibly sad.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

On TCM the "filler" between the movies is sometimes more interesting than the movies themselves. Here's a great clip of Carrie praising her mom (Debbie was the TCM 'Star of the Month') .. listen to the entire clip, especially starting @ 6:40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h_xLVB8Mew

So sad. I always admired her.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Sleep well princess.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	483 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	54076  
    Hurry back...hurry back...don't forget to bring your....death certificate!! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

believe that also. that poor carrie was dead from the get go. and on a vent.
    Rest in Peace.
    anyone know she was great friends with courtney love? true!
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

Even though I loved her on many levels, another victim of past drug use. That horrible stuff ages your innards on a logarithmic scale.

Damn, damn, damn. 2016 is one of the worst years ever. RIP dear Carrie.
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Damn, damn, damn. 2016 is one of the worst years ever. RIP dear Carrie.
    It has been a rough year for celebrities, But I was just reading this and got a giggle
    http://wnep.com/2016/12/27/man-start...ite-from-2016/

Well, at least her dog Gary has found a new home.

http://www.cinemablend.com/celebrity...und-a-new-home
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

Debbie Reynolds just rushed to hospital, possible stroke

http://www.tmz.com/2016/12/28/debbie...alized-stroke/
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Oh dear God - that would be just too much!!! Hang in there Debbie!
    My Posse's On Broadway

And Debbie's gone now too....wow, what a year!

Noor 7ayaty Guest
    A phenomenal coincidence in a year of seemingly impossible statistics ... thank you, you beautiful ladies, for all the happiness you brought to so many people: for the class you showed so openly, and for your talents in art which you shared so completely, and gave so selflessly. The memories you left me with will forever be a part of me, just as some of those incredible performances are forever a part of my own stages of life, growth, and history.

Last but not least thank you also for sharing your personal journeys, that they may hopefully be an important help to people who struggle with human difficulties everywhere, whether it deals with the topics of lost love, or the challenges of mental health and/or the complicated struggles with mind- & life-altering substances. Both of you were, in each her own way, examples of class in the face of controversy and survival in circumstances which had bent others facing similar pressures.

Rest in sweet peace, may God be with you both; and may He hold close all your family, loved ones and friends that are left in the wake of your departures on your journeys home. Thank you, again, for all the many memories.

Quote Originally Posted by phineas117 View Post
    anyone know she was great friends with courtney love? true!
    Also with Penny Marshall. They used to throw legendary parties back in the day.

Didn't they used to call her the Script Doctor? In that she fixed problem film scripts.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

yes, it's not a well known "job". but she was brilliant at it.
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

I was just curious and not trying to offend anybody, but is Carrie's brother Todd Gay?

Answer is no ,Todd has been married three time his current wife is Catherine Hickland

navallint Guest
    http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/n...gether-w458561

She and Carrie will be buried together. I hope in separate coffins, as was my first thought. Heartbreaking.

Last edited by cash; 01-05-2017 at 06:02 PM.

Carrie will be cremated, Debbie buried. some of Carrie's ashes will be put in her Mom's coffin. Sorry I can't find the article I read earlier. Also, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf5Ar0vsFrY

Carrie's "Prozac" pill urn carried by her brother, Todd.

Views:	237 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	54112  
    Hurry back...hurry back...don't forget to bring your....death certificate!! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I just saw an episode of Oprah on the OWN network with Carrie and Debbie that was shown back in 2011. Carrie didn't look long for this world clear back then. Really sad...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    I just saw an episode of Oprah on the OWN network with Carrie and Debbie that was shown back in 2011. Carrie didn't look long for this world clear back then. Really sad...
    I have HBO and last year watched Carrie's one-man show, "Wishful Drinking," that was filmed in 2010. She didn't look good, so I just thought maybe it was a bad day or the lighting was wrong or the makeup person didn't know what they were doing. Then this past Saturday, I watched "Bright Lights," the documentary of Carrie and Debbie filmed two years ago. She looked even worse, and it was filmed in a variety of different settings, different lighting, etc. I don't know what was wrong, but poor Carrie looked like she was a good 15-20 years older than she really was. At times like this I always wonder how someone so famous could die so suddenly. Maybe it wasn't so sudden after all.
    Last edited by geekygirl; 01-09-2017 at 11:19 PM.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    Then this past Saturday, I watched "Bright Lights," the documentary of Carrie and Debbie filmed two years ago. She looked even worse, and it was filmed in a variety of different settings, different lighting, etc. I don't know what was wrong, but poor Carrie looked like she was a good 15-20 years older than she really was. At times like this I always wonder how someone so famous could die so suddenly. Maybe it wasn't so sudden after all.
    I've only seen the trailer for Bright Lights, but I was shocked how frail Carrie seemed. She wasn't moving around that much better than Debbie despite the age difference.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Debbie and Carrie's final resting place.

Views:	152 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	54126   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	156 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	54125  

I'm not sure if anyone knows on here, but if Debbie and Carrie are together in there, how is Carrie's urn set up in that vault with the casket? Did they just set her urn on the floor of that thing next to the casket or laid it on top? I was just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone knows on here, but if Debbie and Carrie are together in there, how is Carrie's urn set up in that vault with the casket? Did they just set her urn on the floor of that thing next to the casket or laid it on top? I was just wondering.
    I bet Scott knows. I'm thinking the urn is either in a niche above or next to the casket or in a glass case near the casket. I don't mean literally next to the casket but the wall where the plaque is. I'm just guessing here. I hope Scott will see this and he could probably tell us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I read an article a few days ago that said that some of Carrie's ashes were put into Debbie Reynold's coffin, and that the remaining ashes were put into the giant Prozac Pill that Carrie loved. The article didn't specifically mention it, but it implied that Carrie's brother was going to hold onto the Prozac Pill (aka Urn with Carrie's ashes inside). The article mentioned that Carrie's daughter was in full agreement with Carrie's brother on the handling of the ashes.
    Any day above ground is a good day.