Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gunman opens fire at Gay Nightclub in Orlando, Florida

Gunman opens fire at Gay Nightclub in Orlando, Florida

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orl...club-shooting/

Mass causalities reported

I have to wonder if this has anything to do with the gunman who shot Christina Grimmie since both clubs are within mere miles of each other.
    Last edited by TheDude; 06-12-2016 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orl...club-shooting/

Mass causalities reported

I have to wonder if this has anything to do with the gunman who shot Christina Grimmie since both clubs are within mere miles of each other.
    If that's the case, there's some sort of conspiracy cell and it may happen again.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

'Islamic extremist' Omar Mateen, 29, from Florida, shoots dead at least 20 at Florida gay club after bursting in 'wearing a suicide vest' and taking hostages - injuring a further 42 - before he is killed

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4BNK4Hwdu
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

now 50 dead.....they say no connection...but ideologically drivan....Omar Mateen.....shooter.....lives about 100 miles south in port st lucie. Born 1986 of Afghan parents
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    'Islamic extremist' Omar Mateen, 29, from Florida, shoots dead at least 20 at Florida gay club after bursting in 'wearing a suicide vest' and taking hostages - injuring a further 42 - before he is killed

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4BNK4Hwdu
    Aha
    Last edited by cindyt; 06-12-2016 at 08:05 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Hitting too close to home.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

fucking asshole loser!

luckyinlove Guest
    This makes me sick

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    Hitting too close to home.
    I agree
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    March 1934-July 2016

He called 911 during or just before the shooting to announce his allegience to ISIS.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

And now.....Man arrested on his way to the Gay pride parade in California. Had multiple assault rifles and magazines taped together......starting to feel like that Tuesday morning in September.
    http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/12/pride-...hooter-arrest/
    March 1934-July 2016

gottaqhfilly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    If that's the case, there's some sort of conspiracy cell and it may happen again.
    There is no "may" about it. Killing and terrorizing is what koranimals do. It's what they have done since mohamhead shat out his satanic BS.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me since Orlando is a tourist paradise.

It's like Paris all over again.

Fucking ISIS once again. We need to hunt down and kill everyone of these murdering thugs.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

It's a real violent time in the world again.

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duchessmary View Post
    Fucking ISIS once again. We need to hunt down and kill everyone of these murdering thugs.
    Ugh I know. These people really piss me off.

I guess that we will find out more soon, but apparently this guy has been on the radar in the past.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

once again, obamer has no balls and is a coward

How sad and scary.

Geez how awful .I thought we'd get the next big hit . What a way the world is in .
    Last edited by artymorty; 06-12-2016 at 03:59 PM.

human Guest
    Gays vs Muslims ... my money is on the Muslims

Just heard about this, I have been at work all day and didn't turn on the news this morning. I still have to check out the details. I was at work and a customer told us, said he did it for ISIS and then the lady I was working with said "Who's ISIS?" I wanted to say "are you kidding me?" but just told her it was the Islamic State whatever. I mean I'm not the most in touch with current affairs and I even know what ISIS is.

Anyway, it's horrible. Just horrible. This has to be the worst mass shooting, by far, right?

So can someone explain the politics to me? That's where I'm really not up on things. What did Obama do or not do (inspiring the coward comment above)? Also, someone at work said "Thank God Trump's not in the office, can you imagine?" I just kind of said "oh God!" and rolled my eyes but really had no idea what she meant. Sorry for my ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post

So can someone explain the politics to me? That's where I'm really not up on things. What did Obama do or not do (inspiring the coward comment above)? Also, someone at work said "Thank God Trump's not in the office, can you imagine?" I just kind of said "oh God!" and rolled my eyes but really had no idea what she meant. Sorry for my ignorance.
    Obama refuses to call it what it is, radicalized islam. The guy called 911 and said he is doing this in the name of ISIS and pledged his allegience to them. He yells "alluah akbar" while shooting people but Obama won't say the words. You can't properly address the enemy if you won't properly address the enemy. Be careful of what you wish for, Trump is the only one taking a hard stance against these guys and he's paying a huge political price for it.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

I have been watching news reports and many are saying this is an attack on gays. As a gay man I disagree, this is an attack on PEOPLE ! ISIS does not care if you are gay ,straight , black or white etc. This is horrific, I get sick to my stomach whenever I hear these bastards do this to anyone !
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Thanks Pauli. I'm pretty in the middle as far as politics go, (and this time around, more ignorant that usual) but I agree with you about Obama and having to call it what it is. My reaction to the Trump comment was more just trying to avoid a political discussion with an old lady at work (lol) I could tell she was not happy with what he would do and just reacted to appear like I knew what she meant. I know that something has to be done about ISIS so from the little I can glean from your post (that's nothing against you at all, I'm just saying I know it's a bigger issue than a few sentences on a message board) Trump wants to do something about them, and Obama won't even say what they are. I think that's a point on Trump's side. How much are we (the world) going to take from these guys? Things seem to be ramping up and who knows how far it will go or how bad they will get.

I have been watching news reports and many are saying this is an attack on gays. As a gay man I disagree, this is an attack on PEOPLE ! ISIS does not care if you are gay ,straight , black or white etc. This is horrific, I get sick to my stomach whenever I hear these bastards do this to anyone !

I couldn't agree more. Is it Pride in Orlando this weekend? If so I'm guessing they knew (if it's anything like it is here on the Sunday of Pride weekend) that a gay club would be PACKED, so it was simply a place that would be very crowded, meaning lots of people and easier for pandemonium to ensue, which could help a gunman.

eta: There is a guy on CNN right now who is gay (and a former police officer) who is saying he goes to gay bars and doesn't want to now have to worry about going out and if there is going to be an attack. I think this is really a red herring, this was not an attack on homosexuals. It's kind of irresponsible for him to be saying this, for one it's going to make crazy stupid straight people think they are not at risk. The truth is we are ALL at risk, no matter where we are.
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 06-12-2016 at 08:57 PM.

26. 06-12-2016, 08:42 PM

God that's terrible. I'm glad they fired her and I hope she doesn't have a suit. First it annoys me that she (presumably) wants people to be tolerant of Muslim people, yet she can't be tolerant or at least respectful of homosexuals. Second, just how far does one's right to free speech go? Could I sit at work and be a bitch to customers, telling them to fuck off and get out of the store, or gave them my opinion (more in line with what she did) that they are stupid, or "fucking retarded" or something, then sue if they fired me because they violated my right to free speech? I mean there has to be some kind of limit on free speech. I guess it's the whole yelling "Fire!" in a theater thing.

It's alleged he was homophobic, most of these extremists are racist against anyone who does not see things their way.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

The company I work for actually fired a woman this afternoon due to this incident. I was off today but from I understand she came into work all smiles saying "..GOOD a bunch of dirty homosexuals were shot. Now they will be burning in Hell !!". Last I heard she had hired a lawyer saying that our company had took away her right to free speech. Guess some will never learn **sigh**.. I deleted the previous message because I am still learning about it plus my PC is acting funny tonight. I doubt she will have a case since free speech doesn't help as to whether or not one gets fired or not.

Quote Originally Posted by choff View Post
    The company I work for actually fired a woman this afternoon due to this incident. I was off today but from I understand she came into work all smiles saying "..GOOD a bunch of dirty homosexuals were shot. Now they will be burning in Hell !!". Last I heard she had hired a lawyer saying that our company had took away her right to free speech. Guess some will never learn **sigh**.. I deleted the previous message because I am still learning about it plus my PC is acting funny tonight. I doubt she will have a case since free speech doesn't help as to whether or not one gets fired or not.
    What the heck? I replied to this post at 10:49 (post #26), and it's now posted at 10:56 after my reply to it?

Oh, nevermind, I see you deleted it. You want me to delete my reply?

atomicbettie...my pc is acting weird tonight for some reason. Keeps saying "debug". Hope I don't have a virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    It's alleged he was homophobic, most of these extremists are racist against anyone who does not see things their way.

All muslim extremists are homophobic. They throw gay people off buildings in Syria for gods sake. This was a two for one. He probably thinks he'll get 75 virgins instead of 72 for attacking gays.
    --McCourt

Oh I remember when the president (or whatever you call him) of Iran said they have no homosexuals there. I can't imagine there aren't Muslim homosexuals, I guess they just have to live in the closet. Or get thrown off a building I suppose. :/

Nasty shit anyway you look at it, they are all fucking nuts. Check out this article ! http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/orlando-...-cop-1.2942908

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    Obama refuses to call it what it is, radicalized islam. The guy called 911 and said he is doing this in the name of ISIS and pledged his allegience to them. He yells "alluah akbar" while shooting people but Obama won't say the words. You can't properly address the enemy if you won't properly address the enemy. Be careful of what you wish for, Trump is the only one taking a hard stance against these guys and he's paying a huge political price for it.
    He won't come out and say it fearing retaliation on Muslim or Middle Eastern citizens who are living in the United States I'm not sure If I agree with him or not on that.
    Obama comes off as a big hypocrite since way back when the guy and his wife shot up that Christmas party in California he said that Muslims are the real victims of hate and racial profiling. Come to find out the Governments been profiling these people for a while now and done fuck all about it.

So we as United States Citizens shouldn't racially profile but the Government will do it and say they don't.

GOD IS NOT DEAD

I think that "free speech" can be regulated by the rules of your work place and what is considered acceptable within it. There is a bit of a difference between free speech and hate speech; just IMO. I'll assume that she considers herself a "Christian" and doesn't see the irony in proclaiming such allegiance while holding such views and uttering such hatefulness. The bible uses the same phrase to describe homosexuality as it uses to describe a woman wearing a man's apparel; I bet she sees nothing wrong with wearing such. Reminds me of a woman on another board who, during the Syrian refugee crisis news; commented that she would have no problem accepting refugees who were her same flavor of Christian. Living the word, living the word.

atomicbettie...my pc is acting weird tonight for some reason. Keeps saying "debug". Hope I don't have a virus.
    If you are running Win 8 or 8.1, Microsoft has an "Apps Diagnostic" that resolves conflicts between apps and the OS. I was getting a "debug" and an "unhandled exception" warning until I downloaded it and let it run.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    All muslim extremists are homophobic. They throw gay people off buildings in Syria for gods sake. This was a two for one. He probably thinks he'll get 75 virgins instead of 72 for attacking gays.
    Pretty much anytime the word "extremist" is attached to people of any given label you can bet that bad things will follow them around. Maybe that's part of the problem. Maybe Barry is right to avoid using that term. Maybe if we all quit using that term they would quit being extremists. I'd like to propose "Muslim Aficionados" as the new label to describe people of that faith who are filled with hatred for the rest of the world and who not only want everyone else to die; they actively try to make it happen.

That is much less sinister sounding. Yeah, let's use that phrase and see if we can get worthless sacks of shit to smell like beautiful bushels of roses.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Nasty shit anyway you look at it, they are all fucking nuts. Check out this article ! http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/orlando-...-cop-1.2942908
    OMG wow!

Jim, you talking about the part in the bible that supposedly condemns homosexuality, and the men's clothes thing. I really really wish I could find it now, I just found a list of 10 other things that are in the same part of the bible that the part people like to quote about man lying with man. It had things like not wearing mixed fiber clothing, not eating shellfish and not eating pork. I meant to save it to use when arguing with idiots and didn't. Anyway, sorry for going off topic.
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 06-13-2016 at 07:16 AM.

OMG wow!

Jim, you talking about the part in the bible that supposedly condemns homosexuality, and the men's clothes thing. I really really wish I could find it now, I just found a list of 10 other things that are in the same part of the bible that the part people like to quote about man lying with man. It had things like not wearing mixed fiber clothing, not eating shellfish and not eating pork. I meant to save it to use when arguing with idiots and didn't. Anyway, sorry for going off topic.

The Book also says a man should not shave his head, but not wear long hair, nor shave the edge of his beard.

It seems as if the Christians and Muslims are still fighting the Crusades.

This man had a wife who said that he was abusive. He would fly off the handle at things like the laundry not being done. He also had a coworker when he was a security guard who said that he talked about hating homosexual people and wanting to kill them. The coworker reported him, but nothing was done. This was someone who really had a lot of problems.

So maybe this was an attack against gays. His father is also quoted as saying all homosexuals should burn in hell or something like that. So he was brought up with that mindset, plus the extremist views, I guess he did target them. Still not thinking anyone is safe though, I think he just took an opportunity to do a "double whammy" if you will.

Can you imagine how different the world would be if religion was taken out of the picture. Not that it was gone, but if people could just have their own religion and everyone minded their own business and let others just live? I know it's just human nature, but I just hate how many problems go back to something that should be about love and being a good person, and people twisting it to use it as an excuse to hurt or kill people.

His wife also claims he was mentally ill, bipolar. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say if he had applied to be a cop he would not have passed the psych eval.

In the Bible there are three different kinds of laws: Ceremonial (Statue); Judicial (Restitution); Moral--this one did not change. http://www.gotquestions.org/ceremonial-law.html
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I think that he did apply to be a police officer. He was mentally unstable.

What is wrong with some people:

http://thoughtcatalog.com/jacob-geer...-club-shooter/

How can people approve of this tragedy just because the victims are gay? Some of these morons even consider themselves Christians...
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

smh
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Seagorath Guest

Mateen may have been a self hating gay:

http://gawker.com/orlando-shooter-wa...d-h-1781920316

OMG wow!

I was thinking of this one:

Deuteronomy 22:5
    “A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    This man had a wife who said that he was abusive. He would fly off the handle at things like the laundry not being done.
    I think he was allowed to treat his property that way; it was just his wife; not an actual person of consequence that deserves any respect - according to that religion - or so I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Mateen may have been a self hating gay:

http://gawker.com/orlando-shooter-wa...d-h-1781920316
    Damn - so he could have just killed himself and been done with it.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

That wouldn't surprise me if he really was gay.

That wouldn't surprise me if he really was gay.
    Most muslim gays are so far in the closet that there is a mosque in Narnia..
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis