Thread: â??Casablancaâ?? actress Madeleine Lebeau dies at 92

â??Casablancaâ?? actress Madeleine Lebeau dies at 92

The entertainment industry trade newspaper said she is believed to have been the last surviving, credited cast member of the movie, which starred Humphrey Bogart as Rick and Ingrid Bergman as Ilsa. Lebeauâ??s husband at the time â?? Marcel Dalio â?? played the croupier Emil in Casablanca. http://variety.com/2016/film/news/ma...ca-1201774893/

"Yvonne, I love you, but he pays me."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Casablanca-353563883-large.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	53735  

ohhh yeah, now I know who she was in the movie. Even though this is considered a great classic, I never really got into it. anywhoooo, she lived long life. RIP

It's crazy to realize that the cast of a lot of movies are all gone, or nearly so. This is one of my fav movies so, although I didn't recognize the name, I can hear her singing just from her picture. RIP

The character Yvonne dated one of the German officers to get back at Rick in the film. There's actually a funny true story about the French women who "fraternized" with Nazi officers during the Occupation. After the Allies arrived, the French people took revenge on the women who had slept with the Nazi invaders by shaving the women's heads, thereby subjecting them to public ridicule and scorn.

In the following months however, as their hair grew back the humiliated women found they were very popular with les hommes because the cropped haircuts were seen as a sign they were "easy". All the other French housewives suddenly became very jealous of the inordinate notice the fraternizers were getting and started cutting their hair short to win back the guys' attention.