Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Prince

I remember the first time I saw this in the 80's, will never tire of watching it ! Just incredible, he never stops moving ! https://www.facebook.com/31650763522...2226384320126/
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Not that I'm saying he's lying or anything but he doesn't know as much about drugs as he thinks. First of all, Prince wouldn't necessarily be alive if he was on the dilaudid still instead of percs. Doctors can prescribe just the opiate part of percocet (oxycodone) to those who either have a problem with tylenol or taken it in other meds. Also, he says it's horrible on the kidneys. It might not be best for them but the main problem with Tylenol is the liver. I had elevated liver enzymes and liver toxicity when I was taking too much acetaminophen, which is Tylenol's generic name. I don't know if what this guy says is true, but I'm just saying he had a few things wrong for being a self professed expert.

But that's amazing if he did have a habit like that. I guess Doctor D was pretty trustworthy, if it's true, since he never tried to sell his tory to the tabloids or anything. I don't think I'd ever heard any kind of substance abuse rumor about Prince.

I wonder what Dilaudid is like in pill form. I promise I will not try it! I have had it through the IV in the hospital, and it just seems to make me feel sort of heavy for maybe 15 minutes, then that's about it. I know I had some tolerance because that's when I was on oxycodone long term, so maybe it didn't have the same tying of effect on me. Maybe the pills are different.

eta: Showing Prince on SNL right now, he looks really good in this particular performance. has the Batman logo behind him but the song's not Batdance. I like his hair, and his face looks really handsome.
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 04-23-2016 at 08:40 PM.

I have never heard of him having any kind of drug problems. He always struck me as someone who took care of himself, mind and body. Of course, now that he's dead you have all these "dealers and insiders" who are more then happy to tell you the REAL story. If he was suffering from flu like symptoms it could mean he had a secondary health problem that could have led to heart failure or maybe even a stroke. It happens. I suppose that would be to dull and mundane to say that he died like a normal person.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Mayte speaks about Prince's funeral http://www.inquisitr.com/3024809/pri...funeral-video/

And their 'bizarre' marriage: http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/04/21/...out-interview/

Sad that they lost two children.

I want to know when the public funeral is going to be, I want to go.

That is really sad that he and Mayte lost 2 children. I wonder if things would have been different if he'd have had children at all.

So we know he's got at least the one sister, Tyka, still alive, I wonder if they were close? Seems fairly close, since the PP security/bodyguards were helping here when she came out to talk to people. I wonder how much he gave to the JW though, I really am nosy and really want to know!

Bummer (in regards to the quickie cremation). I doubt there are any death pics floating around. People can say all they want about Prince's "healthy" lifestyle. Let's not forget River Phoenix also supposedly had one too...until the truth was uncovered after his demise.

Yeah, there's no telling what any of them do behind closed doors.

As someone who has lost a child and recently a great nephew, my heart goes out to them for the loss of their children. It will break you or make you stronger and it's too bad their union didn't survive. As far as what might have been if Prince had living children, look what happened to Michael Jackson. I don't know if Prince had addictions, but people who do tend to be self centered for obvious reasons. That monkey rules their life.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Benion Guest
    Something a bit odd about this whole thing. They have done an autopsy and then a quick cremation. However a full autopsy takes longer than just a day, especially if overdose/drug abuse is suspected. There should be the first round of tox testing and then a second round which is 1-2 weeks later and based on the results of round one. All I can assume is that the autopsy was conclusive, which could be due to obvious physical signs of disease OR they knew he had a chronic illness eg HIV.

Benion, A full autopsy that has no suspected foul play can take just a day, if there is a suspicion of murder it can take longer, the thing that takes so long is the tox reports, the family won't get the completed death certificate until then. I worked as a Medical Examiner Assistant for a while and did medical transcription for the Miami Dade County Coroners office, and most of the ME's Dictation was in my inbox a day after an autopsy.

That makes sense, Tracy.

Shocked, but I have been celebrating his life by enjoying his music.Sirius XM has created a tribute channel.

Aww, the kids of Prince's former bodyguard have fond memories of him.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/grow...143501068.html
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Can you imagine Prince knocking on your door and trying to convince you to join the Jehovah's Witness:

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/20...er-nelson.html

Prince has some really protective fans in denial. I've noticed any articles in my FB feed about him and if you say one negative thing about him, you are pretty much burned at the stake. Can't wait for the results to come back so all those fans that are in denial about him living a "healthy and clean" lifestyle can have their rude awakening...

TMZ is saying that according to several people there is no evidence of a will. I find that really hard to believe, given how much of a control freak he was. If there isn't a will all of his siblings (half or otherwise) will split his moolah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you SomeChick, Yeah You never really know someone until they die and the results come back.

if true about there's no will, how stupid! and I know he was a control freak, so it would surprise me. but if he doesnt have one, wtf!@#

Oh, there's no will? I'm Prince's long lost son! Give me my money!

You'd be surprised at how many stars do not have wills. Bruce Lee didn't have one, and you'd think Brandon would have. Uh, nope.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I found this interesting and Sheila E seems to "know" what happened but won't say. I think the whole family knew it was coming since I find it amazing how they had the cremation, the funeral planned and knew who to invite and also had all those Prince gift boxes ready to go to give to the fans who were outside of his compound the day after he died...all within 2 days!

http://www.inquisitr.com/3037213/did...tm_medium=Feed

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    You'd be surprised at how many stars do not have wills. Bruce Lee didn't have one, and you'd think Brandon would have. Uh, nope.
    I am shocked. No will??? Wow. I do not have a lot but I have had a will for years...just to make it easier on loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    I am shocked. No will??? Wow. I do not have a lot but I have had a will for years...just to make it easier on loved ones.
    same. i'm broke as a spoke, but i have sports cards, a car...and other dinky things, but I have a will. really doesnt cost that much. and as much as a control freak he was, i really am shocked he didnt have a will.

I've enjoyed reading the Facebook conspiracy theories suggesting that Prince, Michael Jackson, and Tupac are chilling on some remote island set up for famous people who want to escape the Illuminati, lol

Now there is info stating Prince had an addition to Percocet, and the authorities are investigating who wrote the prescription and who filled it for him..

http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/27/prince...ction-doctors/
    Last edited by SRVFan; 04-27-2016 at 04:55 PM.

The National Enquirer says he had HIV/AIDS

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-heal-him.html

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    The National Enquirer says he had HIV/AIDS

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-heal-him.html
    This makes the most sense I've read so far. RIP
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

If it was an HIV related illness, could some type of respiratory illness due to a weakened immune system have turned into pneumonia? IDK, especially since there was so much talk of him having a severe case of flu recently.

Considering his history with ongoing hip and joint pain, along with the hip surgery he had in 2010, IMO some type of OD or drug interaction also seems to be a possibility. It's REALLY hard to speculate... the toxicology results should be interesting, and will give a better idea of what was going on.

Regardless, I LOVED Prince... RIP.
    Last edited by Cynful; 04-28-2016 at 01:07 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    If it was an HIV related illness, could some type of respiratory illness due to a weakened immune system have turned into pneumonia? IDK, especially since there was so much talk of him having a severe case of flu recently.

Considering his history with ongoing hip and joint pain, along with the hip surgery he had in 2010, IMO some type of OD or drug interaction also seems to be a possibility. It's REALLY hard to speculate... the toxicology results should be interesting, and will give a better idea of what was going on.

Regardless, I LOVED Prince... RIP.
    It could have been any number of things if he had HIV that turned into AIDS. They say he was about 80 pounds so he was probably very ill. Its so sad and makes perfect sense why he didn't fill out a will. I don't think he really knew who to trust in his family and figured he'd let them fight it out.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    It could have been any number of things if he had HIV that turned into AIDS. They say he was about 80 pounds so he was probably very ill. Its so sad and makes perfect sense why he didn't fill out a will. I don't think he really knew who to trust in his family and figured he'd let them fight it out.
    You're right, it could be any number of things... it does make one wonder though. The photos in this link were taken one week before his death, and he sure doesn't look like he weighs only 80 pounds. If he was THAT weak and ill, I don't know how he would be even be sitting upright, playing the piano, and singing. Did you see the photos of him riding a bike around Paisley Park just three days before he passed?

http://buzz.blog.ajc.com/2016/04/21/...re-in-atlanta/

Curiouser and curiouser McCourt, especially if he just said fuck it in regard to his entire estate. IMO, the saddest thing (if he indeed do that), is that he was such a humanitarian and philanthropist, and now, instead of any causes and organizations which he cared about deeply benefitting from a will, as you said, it's just going to be the family fighting it out over every last cent. Truly a shame.

If that is the case, as it seems to be, maybe he was just exhausted and weak from illness both mentally and physically. He fought SO hard for ownership of his music, and was extremely dedicated... seems SO bizarre that he would fight so hard for those rights, and then not leave a will, especially because his music legacy, in terms of control, is going to be GREATLY affected.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

True Cynful. I don't think he was in his right mind at the end. He never really looked like he weighed much more than 120 pounds at a 5'3, that would have been normal for him. He was a performer and probably burned more calories his whole life than he could take in, much like Michael Jackson, who also had a thin frame. I don't think it would be too hard to assume he only weighed 80 pounds in those photos and with the drugs, incredible things can happen. My sister was 5'9 and only after three months of cancer, went from 129 pounds to about 90. It happens fast when one cannot eat.
    Minerva

They don't call it Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome for nothing. If it was HIV/AIDES, I wonder if he had quit taking his meds or the meds stopped working for him.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Prince lived a MJ type of life style. He may not have acknowledged or believed he was as bad off as he was. Isolation is not always a good thing. https://www.yahoo.com/news/doves-in-...105127629.html
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    You never really know someone until they die and the results come back.
    Best. Line. Ever. Can we make this the slogan for the boards & the FB page?

34. 04-29-2016, 07:05 AM

Quote Originally Posted by glowegal View Post
    Best. Line. Ever. Can we make this the slogan for the boards & the FB page?
    I will even allow it, thank you glowegal. it just seems odd that the family had everything ready..it's like they knew, I wonder if Prince got the news that he only had days to live...and told the family and that is why they rushed to get everything done, I wonder if the incident at the hospital where the doctors wanted to keep him for a few days and since couldn't get a private room they took him out, they and he wanted to die at home and in peace, I also find it odd that he told his fans he couldn't play his guitar, couldn't lift it at the moment, but he could sit and play the piano something was deff wrong with him.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 04-29-2016 at 08:30 AM.

I apologize for the second post. Found a few articles on the latest news regarding Prince.

Carver County Judge Orders Paisley Park Search Warrant Sealed

http://kstp.com/news/prince-death-paisley-park-search-warrant/4120548/

Investigators Look at Overdose in Prince Death

http://kstp.com/news/prince-overdoes-investigators/4121617/

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    They don't call it Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome for nothing. If it was HIV/AIDES, I wonder if he had quit taking his meds or the meds stopped working for him.
    Wasn't he Jehova's Witness? They can't take any medication. I read somewhere he even refused a double hip surgery because of this.
    I could be wrong, the Internet lies sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by Torious View Post
    Wasn't he Jehova's Witness? They can't take any medication. I read somewhere he even refused a double hip surgery because of this.
    I could be wrong, the Internet lies sometimes...
    He was a JW, I read they cannot use "live blood products," so he refused the hip replacement but I read elsewhere that he did indeed have the hip replaced but was already addicted by that time. Apparently police have had encounters with him over the last 6 months due to prescription drugs and he may have even attended out treatment programs that are set up for people who have legit reasons to need medications but feel they're abusing them or their doctors feel they're abusing them. The police want to know if this was indeed the case, but if so, any doctors who prescribed medicine to him knowing they were prescribing to a "known drug addict," could be subject to legal action. I know saying "known drug addict" sounds harsh, but that's the wording. I feel it would have been extremely easy for Prince to obtain any sort of drugs he wanted in the world, but probably felt that he was not in any harm using prescription meds, as do so many other people who die every day from them. I've been seeing a pain doctor for over 10 years due to a degenerative disk disease and have to take them myself. I think I might be overly weirded out about overdoses, but I force myself to only use the medication three weeks out of the month and deal with really serious pain for one week a month so I can assure myself that I'm not physically dependent on the medicine. If Prince had been at the same pharmacy four times in the last week of his life and was seen basically "jonesing" outside in the parking lot, he was indeed very seriously addicted, IMO.
    Minerva

Ahh I see. Thank you McCourt.

Do we know if they performed an autopsy or did toxicology report?

Quote Originally Posted by Torious View Post
    Ahh I see. Thank you McCourt.

Do we know if they performed an autopsy or did toxicology report?
    Yes to both but the results have not been posted.
    Minerva

Subpeona's dad would have let him die from the hip replacement had he been in charge...

Michael Jackson was a Johova's Witness too and guess how he died....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reports are that the famous vault has been drilled at the request of the estate.

Seems kind of strange this was such a priority.

http://uproxx.com/music/princes-vault-has-been-opened/

Prince was so protective of the rights to use his music, I bet that shit will be licensed for everything now.

And for those keeping track at home, there is now someone claiming to be Prince's long lost secret son, and someone else claiming to be his half brother.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/princes-3...114552884.html
    Last edited by TheWrath of MadelineKahn; 04-29-2016 at 09:46 PM.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

The OD theory gains further credence: it appears he liked to pharmacy-hop.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Reports are that the famous vault has been drilled at the request of the estate.

Seems kind of strange this was such a priority.

http://uproxx.com/music/princes-vault-has-been-opened/

Prince was so protective of the rights to use his music, I bet that shit will be licensed for everything now.

And for those keeping track at home, there is now someone claiming to be Prince's long lost secret son, and someone else claiming to be his half brother.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/princes-3...114552884.html
    I think the getting into the safe was a priority because they could not conclude the death investigation until they saw inside to discover any meds or paperwork he may have had in there that could help them figure out where he was getting the meds.
    Minerva

Combine these.
    Quote Originally Posted by triccelli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by triccelli View Post
    I apologize for the second post. Found a few articles on the latest news regarding Prince.

Carver County Judge Orders Paisley Park Search Warrant Sealed

http://kstp.com/news/prince-death-pa...rrant/4120548/

Investigators Look at Overdose in Prince Death

http://kstp.com/news/prince-overdoes...ators/4121617/
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I think the getting into the safe was a priority because they could not conclude the death investigation until they saw inside to discover any meds or paperwork he may have had in there that could help them figure out where he was getting the meds.
    Yep, He's been gone less than two weeks and the buzzards are circling already!
    They have put his purple rain coat/jacket up for auction.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 04-30-2016 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    Yep, He's been gone less than two weeks and the buzzards are circling already!
    Its so pathetic.
    Minerva

[QUOTE=hisandhearse;1520768]Yep, He's been gone less than two weeks and the buzzards are circling already!
    [/

Oh no!!!!

all this shit that happens when you don't have a will, should be a warning to ppl. but then again, maybe he didnt give a f***?