Thread: Dr. Joe Medicine Crow ,102

Dr. Joe Medicine Crow ,102

Joe Medicine Crow, the respected historian of Montana's Crow Tribe and the last surviving Plains Indian war chief, died Sunday at age 102, Montana Gov. Steve Bullock said.
    Medicine Crow was the sole surviving Plains war chief, an honor that was bestowed for his heroism during World War II. To earn the honor, he had to complete four tasks, which the national newspaper Indian Country Today outlined in a 2013 profile marking Medicine Crow's 100th birthday:
    He led successful war parties behind enemy lines. He stole German horses. He disarmed an enemy. And he engaged an enemy without killing him â?? a German soldier whom he overcame in hand-to-hand combat before sparing his life. After the war, Medicine Crow became the Crows' tribal historian, lecturing widely on the Battle of Little Bighorn, in which his grandfather was a scout for Gen. George Armstrong Custer.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...-chief-n550046
    He was also an author.

What an amazing story. Can you even imagine sitting and listening to him. The things he has experienced in his 102 years. Amazing.

I know, what amazing stories he had. I wish I could have sat and listened to him.