Thread: Raphael Schumacher Hanging Gone Wrong.

Raphael Schumacher Hanging Gone Wrong.

I searched for this and didn't find a thread.

FLORENCE, Italy â?? An Italian actor has been declared brain-dead after being strangled on stage when a hanging scene went wrong in the central region of Tuscany, a judicial source said Friday.
    The Teatro Lux in Pisa said in a statement it was closing for 10 days because â??following the unthinkable tragedy â?¦ we think it right to suspend all our activities, including shows.â?
    Raphael Schumacher, a 27-year-old from northern Italy, had been performing a monologue on adolescent existential unhappiness that ended with a scene of simulated suicide by hanging, local media reported.
    http://nypost.com/2016/02/05/actor-b...ium=SocialFlow

This is just awful!

Yep, you would think the people that were there with him would have been smart enough to know something was wrong and cut him down or something. At the last minute he decided to use a rope instead of a prop pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Yep, you would think the people that were there with him would have been smart enough to know something was wrong and cut him down or something. At the last minute he decided to use a rope instead of a prop pistol.
    There was a medical student in the audience who saw that there was a problem, and apparently they got him down pretty quickly. Strangulation by hanging can be pretty quick.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Yikes. How awful for him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FLORENCE, Italy — An Italian actor has been declared brain-dead after being strangled on stage when a hanging scene went wrong in the central region of Tuscany, a judicial source said Friday.

Well; at least he could still have a future in American politics - somebody is going to need a running mate before too long.

Damn - it seems like it should have been immediately obvious that something was wrong; but I guess not. I wonder if that was the final scene or if the audience was just left hanging?

I think I'd be wanting the price of admission back.

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    There was a medical student in the audience who saw that there was a problem, and apparently they got him down pretty quickly. Strangulation by hanging can be pretty quick.
    Thanks for the heads up, I guess it can be.