Page 47 of 95 FirstFirst ... 38454647484956 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,350 of 4745

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

Cyn, yeah if I ever get to own a home again, I want yellow walls and white cabinets in the kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Here is a tip about counters and the wall behind the stove, take clear contact paper, stick to the wall on the back of the stove, easy to clean the spatters same for the counters. Ohhh white doors with yellow walls would be beautiful, I had whiteish curtains in my kitchen with little honey bees on the hem part and tied back with a green gingham tie they were so cute then we moved and they wouldn't fit in the current window.
    Hey PK, Thanks for the tip
    I've moved a few times in my adult life and don't ya just know, like you, I too end up having to buy new curtains each time
    I had renovated a couple of our houses we owned and each time the kitchen needed new cabinets-- Always chose white for the
    Kitchen cabinets..The last house had to have new cabinets & counters..I did not choose granite for the counters because everyone was doing it..
    Because this house is a rental, The landlady is wonderful and gave us approval to paint- I think in this small, very small room- There are alot of limits...especially concerning storage and space..ugh.
    Right now I have red accents, @ first I was apprehensive about red- but its a cheery bright red.
    So, First I'll do the cabinets- That room does need white..Canary yellow I like though. Hmm.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 08-20-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Right now just watching that Stan against evil on Hulu.. ??
    Just wondering if Netflix will ever bring back Glitch??
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 08-20-2017 at 07:29 PM.

Right now eating the wonderful salad hubby made for me, arugula, with onion, cucumber, avocado, and chopped Tri Tip beef, with Balsamic Vinegar dressing. Maybe after I eat I may go curl up in bed with my kindle and watch Bones on Hulu,

Hi His, Canary yellow sounds like it would work and you are welcome for the tip, granite counter tops as well as marble are a pain to maintain, you literally cannot cut anything on them, nor spill anything like juice and such it stains and yeah they are a pain.

Chilling in bed, poking around the web and may watch some youtube before I konk out to my dreams.

Waiting for the Sun to go dark like every freaking body else in the country. Then I'll mow the grass. The fun never stops.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I didn't get dark here, I was bummed.

I didn't get dark here, I was bummed.
    Nothing really happened here either.
    Just looked like it was going to storm here.
    These fools here went and bought glasses, took off from work, (newsworthy lol)
    Only to just see storm like activity.
    It was almost worth it to see their stupid faces on the news saying : *der* we didn't see "nuttin" lol.

Right now, just looking up Halloween decorating ideas. If I have the energy to even attempt itthis year.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 08-21-2017 at 07:20 PM.

I love Halloween, right now trying to wake up, I am weaning myself off my prescription meds, and I didn't fall asleep until three am this morning.

Watching Grey's Anatomy (season six) and waiting for dinner to be ready.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Right now, trying to wake up, and wondering how Cindy is doing.

navallint Guest
    I'm wondering too, PKS. Hope she is better.

Doing nada. I've lost 28 pounds in 5 weeks, without trying. Docs dont know what is going on. Oh, well.

Nav have you been under a lot of stress? Have they done all kinds of tests? That is kind of worrisome,

Right now, trying to wake up, and wondering how Cindy is doing.
    Hi PK, I've been wondering how she is as well..Hope she is doing better and has a speedy recovery.

Right now, Itching like crazy! I am trying not to scratch a nasty burn/wound I received from our rotten stove - (told if it itches it is healing) I sure hope so...
    Probably should put this last few words in the pet peeves thread, whatever...
    I really believe whoever thought up electric stoves was or is just plain evil! We have the ones with coils (newer but cheap rental garbage) So now, I'm going to look for my own stove, if they don't want me to use my own appliances- Screw it! I'm outta here!
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 08-23-2017 at 01:04 PM.

Cindy is on the mend. Shouldn't be much longer before she is back.

Yep, truth about Cindy. She's on the mend!

Right now, though, I'm havin' a drank. Not a drink, but a DRANK. For the record...if you're adding liquor to a premixed drink, you can't go wrong adding whipped cream vodka to a premixed mudslide. TGI Fridays mudslide and McCormick's whipped cream vodka.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Yep, truth about Cindy. She's on the mend!

Right now, though, I'm havin' a drank. Not a drink, but a DRANK. For the record...if you're adding liquor to a premixed drink, you can't go wrong adding whipped cream vodka to a premixed mudslide. TGI Fridays mudslide and McCormick's whipped cream vodka.
    Hey Ria, So happy to hear about cindys progress on the road to wellness, she is missed.
    I don't usually drink but vodka and tequila with agave doesn't add in a mean factor in for me- But I have looked high and low and have not found anything whipped cream around here.
    Of course these pl here have to be the most bland little shit heads known to man!
    For the 4th of july I had to travel over the state border! Ugh
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 08-24-2017 at 06:59 PM.

McCormick's, Pinnacle, and Burnett's ALL make a whipped cream vodka. If other companies do, too, I don't know about them. My store carries those three brands in that flavor. Pinnacle calls theirs simply "Whipped" and the other two call theirs "Whipped Cream." My store carries probably a dozen or more brands of vodka, but only 3 have whipped cream flavor. Burnett's and Pinnacle have a 750mL bottle, but McCormick's has a HUGE 1.75 LITER. Usually the 1.75 liter will last me Thursday through Saturday night, and that includes sharing some here and there with Schmoo.

Pricewise...Burnett's is around $8/bottle and Pinnacle $12 or so for the 750mL. McCormick's is around $14 for the 1.75 liter. I'm all about cheap liquor. Walmart has cheaper prices on the same stuff, though, and I try to buy from there when I can. But my regular grocery store is down the street and just plain more convenient. Cheap liquor means I can buy more of it and SHARE. 'Cuz after I've had enough to loosen my tongue, I can get to be very sharing with my booze. Schmoo knows this. LOL And uses it to his advantage. Hence buying more of the cheaper liquor rather than one of the more expensive.

ETA: Got a phone call from my momma tonight, after tagging her in a cute puppy video on Facebook. We hadn't spoken in weeks, but dammit my sister scared me half to death by posting on FB two weeks ago, "Mom released from ER to hospice....." I was like, "DO WHAT????" Afraid to call for fear there really WAS something going on, because I was thinking if it WAS my Momma, someone would CALL ME!!!!!! Didn't want to call Sis, since she'd posted it she was surely to be overwhelmed by what was going on, and of COURSE couldn't call Momma OR Step-Dad. Turns out the "Mom" sis was referring to was her MIL. Well, that's fine as frog hair but DAMN. Alert me, my other sister, and other brother!!!! SHIT!!!! I told Momma that tonight and she laughed and said no, she was fine. Ornery but fine. And explained that Sis had been considering her MIL to be her second mom.

Momma found the whole thing funny but did agree that Sis should've clarified her over her MIL. Told her how worried I'd been and that I'd been afraid to call to see what was really going on. Momma said I should NEVER be afraid to call when Sis posts something and I don't know what's going on. Turned out the big thing Momma and Dad had to deal with was a car accident. They hadn't been driving, the other driver had been completely at fault, but one of their cars was totaled. They're okay, they were in a parking lot so they were going under 5mph. The other driver hit them, got out, said HE wasn't hurt, and drove off. *insert angry eyes here* But my folks are alright. Ornery as ever, but alright.
    Last edited by RiaBrown; 08-24-2017 at 09:54 PM.

"I just go here!"

Clean thanks for the update on Cindy, right now, trying to decide if I want to game some more or curl up with my kindle and watch a t.v. show on Hulu in bed or if I just want to read, I am feeling restless and a little stressed, hubby's contract job ends on Thursday of next week, he says we'll be find money wise for awhile, meaning a year or so, but still I do tend to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    McCormick's, Pinnacle, and Burnett's ALL make a whipped cream vodka. If other companies do, too, I don't know about them. My store carries those three brands in that flavor. Pinnacle calls theirs simply "Whipped" and the other two call theirs "Whipped Cream." My store carries probably a dozen or more brands of vodka, but only 3 have whipped cream flavor. Burnett's and Pinnacle have a 750mL bottle, but McCormick's has a HUGE 1.75 LITER. Usually the 1.75 liter will last me Thursday through Saturday night, and that includes sharing some here and there with Schmoo.
    Pricewise...Burnett's is around $8/bottle and Pinnacle $12 or so for the 750mL. McCormick's is around $14 for the 1.75 liter. I'm all about cheap liquor. Walmart has cheaper prices on the same stuff, though, and I try to buy from there when I can. But my regular grocery store is down the street and just plain more convenient. Cheap liquor means I can buy more of it and SHARE. 'Cuz after I've had enough to loosen my tongue, I can get to be very sharing with my booze. Schmoo knows this. LOL And uses it to his advantage. Hence buying more of the cheaper liquor rather than one of the more expensive.
    <~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
    Thanks Ria, like I mentioned on our 4th of july get together I was serving cocktails but couldn't find anything really good so bought tequila and regular vodka-
    I'll look for those brands you mentioned for our labor day get together, Still not decided if we will do the holiday grill out but we'll see...

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

Clean thanks for the update on Cindy, right now, trying to decide if I want to game some more or curl up with my kindle and watch a t.v. show on Hulu in bed or if I just want to read, I am feeling restless and a little stressed, hubby's contract job ends on Thursday of next week, he says we'll be find money wise for awhile, meaning a year or so, but still I do tend to worry.
    Hi PK, I have days like that too.. Some days its hard to get out of bed-period.
    I have real problems with rainy gloomy days, I have one of those mood lights sitting on the nightstand but it doesn't do me any good
    You sound like me in the worrying dept. When in worry mode, I try to think of the bible verse:

Luke 12:25
    And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his/her span of life?

But honestly, Its hard to do especially with the unknown..
    I've been in the job position thing before too..
    Several times, Right when the economy tanked- Yikes!
    In my situation, Having a defiant husband didn't help-he didn't take an interest or responsibility for finances so that was all put on my shoulders. He has since changed but we all could have done w/o it.
    But if your husband is in charge of finances and he says its ok, I'd go over it with him again and maybe that would ease the stress a bit knowing where it all stands?
    I don't know what your husband does for a living but things are doing better economy wise so be confident he'll find a good paying job very soon.
    Sending positive thoughts your way. Blessings to you both.

Last edited by hisandhearse; 08-26-2017 at 09:48 AM.

Hi His, he works as a systems analyst and data management, he is the one that writes codes for programs, like At&T, SDG&E(our power company here), he is what keeps a lot of the computers working and making sure those auto bill reminders get sent out on time as well as those lovely generated letters about bills and being late, he doesn't send them officially but he makes sure the system that does it working correctly and that everyone that has at&t is getting billed and such. There are a lot of jobs in his line of work and he was out once for six months and we were fine, still it is worrisome and his mom said that if something should happen we can always move in with her. Yes Hubby is in charge of finances he has gone over it with me, so that is how I know he can be out of a job for year or more and we would be fine, thank Goddess he would rather save money than spend, he hates to spend money, and doesn't go overboard when it comes to buying things. So I got lucky with that, right now I am about to go curl up with a good book and read for a bit. I am so sorry his that you had to deal with that with your husband.

Jumping around on the web and rocking out on some mp3s. My wife is mainlining on HGTV right now. Some poor couple have a measly 1.5 mil. budget for a Beachfront house. Boo fucking hoo.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Jumping around on the web and rocking out on some mp3s. My wife is mainlining on HGTV right now. Some poor couple have a measly 1.5 mil. budget for a Beachfront house. Boo fucking hoo.
    Hi Cleanskull, Doesn't that just hock ya off?
    Pissy little crybabies anyway~ Just take comfort that reality TV isn't really reality.... even so, There really are little pissants out there like those portrayed. GAH!!

I keep reading on my Newsfeed of the idiots that bought "Tiny Houses" are now wanting out of them. Once again, I'm crawling the web whilst TDW is watching HGTV. All that news from the Gulf Coast is bad. I have Family in Houston, so I'm a bit more worried than usual.

Oh Lort! I looked at the TV and it's a Beachfront Home marathon.

I keep reading on my Newsfeed of the idiots that bought "Tiny Houses" are now wanting out of them. Once again, I'm crawling the web whilst TDW is watching HGTV. All that news from the Gulf Coast is bad. I have Family in Houston, so I'm a bit more worried than usual.

Oh Lort! I looked at the TV and it's a Beachfront Home marathon.
    Clean, hope your family is okay-
    IMO those "trendy" Tiny houses seem to be like living in an expensive gardening shed-
    why don't they just go live in the equivalent of an airstream or travel trailer, It would be cheaper.
    I find it hypocritic that ppl call others living in a mobile home " trailer trash" when sometimes these "tiny homes" are even smaller with the same capacity of mobile homes but....Ooh, a tiny home holds more elitism. BS!
    We have a whole community of them in one town here, but the same folks call a "trailer park" (old term)
    Fuggin trailer trash, Go figure.

What I don't get is most mobile homes are a lot nicer than houses. My hubby and I are actually thinking of buying one, when he gets another job, they have nice ones that even look like houses on the outside. Right now I am gaming and doing a bit of house work off and on. I am exhausted I haven't been going to sleep until about 330-400 am and getting up around eight, I am tried during the day and I think sweet I'll go to bed early tonight and sleep, nope as soon as ten or so rolls around I am wide awake, hubby swears I am part vampire.

What I don't get is most mobile homes are a lot nicer than houses. My hubby and I are actually thinking of buying one, when he gets another job, they have nice ones that even look like houses on the outside. Right now I am gaming and doing a bit of house work off and on. I am exhausted I haven't been going to sleep until about 330-400 am and getting up around eight, I am tried during the day and I think sweet I'll go to bed early tonight and sleep, nope as soon as ten or so rolls around I am wide awake, hubby swears I am part vampire.

Hi PK, Good to hear that your husband has the finances worked out...Sounds like he is a pretty smart fella..
    I do wish my husband would have behaved like the adult he was suppose to be back then instead of like a petulant delinquent. (Eye roll)
    It would have saved a lot of grief. Thank goodness he has changed for the better because there is no way I would tolerate his shenanigans now.

I agree with you about the mobile homes, In fact I don't know why they are called "mobile" because most are fixed in place now. I believe they now call them manufactured housing...
    I have never lived in one except as a child I stayed with my grandmum for a while and she lived in one of those single wides in a park. ..That was back in the days where if they had a fire it would go up like a roman candle- I remember hers had a long hallway where you would have to walk single file if more than one person wanted to get to the bedrooms.
    They sure have come a long way since those days- We had considered putting one on land with a finished basement and looked at a few a while ago, A couple of them you would not be able to tell it was a "mobile home" There was one that looked like a cape cod it had an upstairs and two stall garage.
    I have a friend that bought one and theirs has drywall (not those funky strips on the wall) 2 baths, A grand styled tub-
    A huge Beautiful kitchen- Theirs doesn't have the slanted ceilings or anything resembling a mobile home.
    if you didn't know better, You could not tell.
    I would never put one in a park though because another friend of ours says her lot rent has more than tripled since she moved there-and is more than the home payment itself!
    I remember she recently mentioned it was close to 900.00 a month just for a lot she will never own...I can't even fathom paying that for a lot she has to mow and keep up.
    I would consider it an option if we ever chose to buy again.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 08-28-2017 at 11:58 AM.

Hi His, yes it is expensive, sounds like here in California with the lot rent and not to mention HOA (home owner's association) Fees to boot, Oh hubby is still a kid but he also knows when to be an adult. He has a lead on a job that he wants very badly, has been talking to a recruiter for the company, so will keep fingers crossed. As for me I am just waking up and harassing hubby playfully on yahoo while he is at work.

Recovering from eye surgery number five, and it's healing nicely. Luckily it's only one eye this time.

Somechick, glad it's healing, and yes thankfully it's in one eye. As for me still waking up so I haven't really started my day yet, watching Pepe, the cat, playing with his toys and picking on our female cat, told her pay backs were a bitch as she picks on him all of the time. Need to do dishes and may game later.

Cindy is on the mend. Shouldn't be much longer before she is back.
    What happened to Cindy?
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Since she has talked about it on FB, I'm guessing it's ok to mention. A real bad azz case of pneumonia. It had gone on for a bit and really took her down hard. With COPD it can take you a bit to recover.

Hopefully about to pass out...it's 10pm...I've been up since 4am since I couldn't sleep much last nite. Been awake 18 freaking hours. I..am...wiped...out...

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcP View Post
    Hopefully about to pass out...it's 10pm...I've been up since 4am since I couldn't sleep much last nite. Been awake 18 freaking hours. I..am...wiped...out...
    Hi Marty, I've been going through the same thing-
    Worn out tired, get to bed and can't sleep..
    I've tried sleep aids, turning all the devices off early, keeping it quiet..nothing.
    Then its back to being tired all day again!
    Its frustrating as hell!

------------------------------------
    Since she has talked about it on FB, I'm guessing it's ok to mention. A real bad azz case of pneumonia. It had gone on for a bit and really took her down hard. With COPD it can take you a bit to recover.
    That is awful that she is so ill.. She is missed - Hope she recovers quickly..Godspeed.

I feel that way too, I cannot sleep at night, not getting to bed until three am and then waking up around seven or eight, some nights it's not until five am that I get to bed. Right now just browsing the forums and deciding what to do for the day after I shower and do the dishes and some light cleaning.

Glad to see you back, SomeChick! Hope you're back to 100% soon, girlie!

I rather like "manufactured homes." I think they look nice inside. I haven't seen any in over 20 years, though. Momma and I considered one when we moved from Kansas City to the town I live in now, which isn't far from KC. But she decided to just get us into a regular house. We weren't there but a couple of years before she remarried and she and Dad (my step-dad) put me up in an apartment because I was a working college student. I stayed in this town and I've been here ever since.

PK, I understand not sleeping at night. I have a problem with going to sleep. I can be in bed at 9pm, but don't fall asleep until well after midnight. I read. I play Candy Crush/Cookie Jam. I watch YouTube videos. NOTHING works anymore. I have to get Miss E up for school by 6:30am at the latest (7:30am on Wednesdays because it's late-start) so I NEED sleep. I'm afraid to take anything BECAUSE I get Miss E up. Hubs works long hours, gets home between 4am and 5am, and I feel bad enough waking him up a little before 9am so he can take me to work. Hopefully, once we get moved I can get Miss E some kind of alarm clock so she can get herself up but I just know I'll be waking up, too, to ensure she gets up.

What am I doing right now? I'm chillaxing with some Diet Dr. Pepper and cherry vodka, watching Grey's Anatomy (season 6), and pondering putting my supper in the oven. I went to the grocery store after work tonight, but since I don't know WHAT is going on this weekend, if we're moving this weekend or not, I only bought enough to get us to Monday morning. Yes, Hubs and I are packing up The Infamous SissyBubby and a friend of theirs and moving.

To make a long story short, and this might be better posted in the vent thread but I don't care. Schmoo had 3 friends who were homeless. We took them in. We are in an apartment. We told everyone to keep quiet, don't play music loud, don't draw attention to this apartment. We are only supposed to have 4 in this apartment. Myself, Hubs, Schmoo, and Miss E. And of course the two furry babies. So, we were trying to do something good and help out three homeless youths.

Our landlord got wind of it, and we have to be out. ASAP now. We had 30 days, but the 30 days were up yesterday. We've been looking and looking and there are NO apartments available within Miss E's school district. Secretly, I think she could do with a change of school. The school she'd transfer to...a couple of the teachers are friends of ours from church. The one apartment complex closest to my work is full....but it's a good thing because they only allow ONE pet. We'd have to foster Fluffers out to MIL, who we know would take good care of her and let us all visit her whenever we wanted, BUT. Max is used to having feline companionship while we're all at work and school. Second closest complex, Hubs has been talking to. SO. Fingers crossed we get in somewhere ASAP.

"I just go here!"

oh man not good Ria that you guys have to move yep seems like those of us that try to do good for others get the shaft, hopefully you find something.

oh man not good Ria that you guys have to move yep seems like those of us that try to do good for others get the shaft, hopefully you find something.
    Thanks, PK, I appreciate that. Our hearts were in the right place, but the landlord didn't agree. We were just trying to help a few kids and put a roof over their heads. Our church is being very supportive because of the circumstances surrounding our being asked to leave. They're 100% behind us, and I'm sure if push came to shove, someone would let the four of us cram into a room for a few nights if necessary. If that happened, MIL would get to "cat sit."

The apartment Hubs is talking to is GOOD. It's in district for Miss E's school, and even closer walk for me to get to and from work, and some days I wouldn't even have to walk alone. One of my "informally adopted" sons at work works long hours, and closes a lot, and would gladly walk me home because he lives in the same apartment complex. I'll walk with someone, preferably a male friend or Schmoo or one of my adopted sons, but I won't walk alone after dark. Hubs is in full agreement there, he won't let me walk home after dark. It's just not safe for a woman to be walking alone late at night.

This place is $975/month but that includes EVERYTHING. Gas, electricity, trash, water, AND cable TV, and "pet rent" for the Floofs. Without the Floofy Crew, it would be $925/month I think, but I'm NOT giving up Max and Fluffy. Believe me, if I could get them certified as "therapy animals," I would do it. Due to my issues, they are extremely comforting. Max more than Fluffy, but Fluffy is still learning. She's barely a year old and we think she's part feral. She's still learning that we love her, would never hurt her, and that when we reach our hands out to her, we simply want to stroke her lovingly.

Yeah, the cable TV is Time Warner or I think it's called Spectrum now, but cable TV will make Hubs a very happy fella, especially if he can watch his Dallas Cowboys play in the comfort of his own home instead of going elsewhere. I'm not sure if I can bring my Google Fiber, but I'm going to try. It's better for Internet than Time Warner, or Spectrum, or whatever it's called now.

"I just go here!"

Ria that sounds like a great apartment and yes you can get them as Therapy animals, do you see a psych? If so ask them to write you a prescription saying patient's cats are to be considered emotional support animals and are necessary in the treatment of patient that is under my care for such and such issues (listing what you have), my psych did that for me and now my dog is my emotional support animal. We had Time Warner for our cable at one time, it's not bad, I went with Direct TV, love it. Will keep fingers crossed you get it.

Ria that sounds like a great apartment and yes you can get them as Therapy animals, do you see a psych? If so ask them to write you a prescription saying patient's cats are to be considered emotional support animals and are necessary in the treatment of patient that is under my care for such and such issues (listing what you have), my psych did that for me and now my dog is my emotional support animal. We had Time Warner for our cable at one time, it's not bad, I went with Direct TV, love it. Will keep fingers crossed you get it.
    I'm not seeing a psych right now. With Trump trying to repeal Obamacare, I'm deathly afraid to get involved with a psych, start meds, start therapy, begin making progress, and then have Trump yank it all out from under me. I'd be more than happy to pick up a few extra hours a month to pay for pet rent for the Floofy Crew.

ETA: We had Time Warner for cable and Internet. In this area, it sucked ASS. It was out more than it was in, and I'd had to call more times than I can count to get the bill adjusted as I refused to pay for something I wasn't able to USE.

"I just go here!"

41. 09-03-2017, 04:52 PM

Thanks guys. The improvement was slow the first few weeks. Now I see improvement daily. It's pretty wild since my surgeon told me that it normally takes about six months to get one's sight back after surgery for a detached retina and partial vitrectomy. The reattachment was a success, and the vitreous fluid is regenerating at a high rate. If that is like a foreign language, like it was to me at first, it means I have my peripheral vision back, can see from about 4 ft. up to the ceiling, and the gas bubble injected into that eye is getting smaller as the fluid regenerates. ☺

COPD is no joke. A woman I used to work with, before changing fields, was diagnosed with it and died less than a year later even though she followed all of her doctor's orders. She decided to pursue a college degree about 6 months before she died and wasn't engaging in strenuous activity. She'd stopped smoking upon diagnosis and didn't need to work while attending school, instead living on her pension. She seemed to be doing well physically too, so it came as quite a surprise when a mutual friend told me what happened. The woman who died was a nice lady, and the first person I became friends with where we used to work. Missed by many.

Too wired about being home again to sleep, I reckon. I've caught up with almost a month of computer thingys, going to start working on my historical later today. And try to do a bit of room work here and there. My room is destroyed. Bookcase is leaning backward, and most everything that was on it is in the floor behind it, blocking my way to the closet, doncha know. But I have clothes in other places. I just can't stand the mess of books and papers and whatnots.

At least I made it up the stairs last evening. My strength begins to ebb around noon and dives. I didn't get home until about six and I though, Oh, man I'll have to camp out in the living room until tomorrow morning, but I prayed and He helped me up. I have food up here so I won't be on those stairs a lot.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Upper body workout. Four free-weight 3-pound exercises--simultaneous curl, front lat raise, side row, press. A grand total of 12 sets, 10 reps each. Not much for a person who hasn't been as sick as I was, but it's a lot for me. Tomorrow I'll do upright row (back); thigh and calf without weights, because my ankle set won't be in until later. But I can go through the moves. Next is walking. Can't do it right now. I'm having to balance haptimes with activities.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Walked down for dinner. Had trouble getting back up, but I did it. Except, I didn't make it to my room. My feet hit the top landing and gave out. I sprawled, baby. Still don't have the strength to get up, so Sissy called 911.

I just cannot walk down and up in one day yet.

So, I'm astaying up here until I build up enough endurance. Which means continuing to workout and get where I can walk in place five minutes instead of one.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Oh, Cindy! Take it easy! *hugs*

Right now, I'm actually up and at the computer. First time since Friday. Still sniffy, still hacking up a lung, still headachey, but finally beginning to eat again. Managed a protein shake with extra nutrients made with milk for breakfast, ate a kid's meal for lunch, and two cheeseburgers for dinner with no chips. Most I've eaten in one day since Friday. I ate nothing Saturday or Sunday, managed a burrito late Monday, and only a grilled cheese kid's meal from work yesterday.

I'm also looking at the listings for places to rent near work. (See vent thread for letter to a rather rude landlady we won't rent from.) Hubs refuses to move to another apartment, even though I want to because nobody has time for lawn mowing, snow shoveling, leaf raking, gutter cleaning, etc. I told him we may have to be in an apartment for a few months until we find a place, and he's reluctantly agreed. But he DID agree to include duplexes in the possibilities. All I ask for is it's close enough to Freddy's that I can walk to or from work if need be. That close to Freddy's also guarantees Miss E can stay in the same school.

I told him I was worried about a house because most houses, you have to provide all of your appliances. EVERYTHING. Stove/oven, refrigerator, dishwasher, washer, dryer. And we don't have the money right now to go out shopping for those things. Yes, I want a glass-topped stove so bad I can't stand it, but I can't afford it right now. Hopefully we can find a rental where the appliances are included, which is ANOTHER plus for apartments. *sigh*

Downside to apartments is you can't change your appliances. I couldn't put in a fridge with an ice and water dispenser or a glass-topped stove. We also can't have more than TWO pets. I love animals. I want more than just Max and Fluffy. Fluffy's not even mine, she's Schmoo's. I'm just her abuela.

"I just go here!"

I am. ((((Hugs back))))
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Good, Cindy, I'm glad. How are you doing today?

I just got home from work. I knew I had to walk because Hubs works late, so I borrowed Schmoo's bluetooth headphones, the very ones I'd given him. I had to sit at work for an hour to make sure they were fully charged before I left. I'd thought I'd given them to him because they didn't stay linked to my old phone, but when I put them on, I remembered the REAL reason why. LOL They're huge and I have a tiny little head. Didn't matter anyway, because I didn't get far from work when my boss stopped and picked me up. LOL.

Looks like I have the house to myself. Hubs is working, Miss E went to meet Hubs at work so he could feed her dinner and take her to Grandma's later. No clue where Schmoo is, if he's working or just out and about. I've got half a bottle of vodka here and I'm probably going to drink it. Money's tight this week so I don't have my usual two bottles to drink over two or three days. Doesn't matter to me though. I have a fridge and pantry full of food, bills are paid, and I get paid Tuesday night. We have everything we need, so I can make do without getting pass-out-drunk tonight. I have enough to get me good and tipsy, and help me sleep so I'll be fine.

Besides I'm still getting over whatever this thing is that I've had. I was out Monday (and worried my work friends), managed a half-day Tuesday before the boss took pity on me and sent me home, and worked the rest of the week. Still hacking up a lung, my voice is almost gone, but I think I'm on the upswing of this thing.

"I just go here!"

I'm fine, Ria.

Just finished doing a bit editing on my autobiography. Fixing to walk, then hit the sack.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching "World War Z" I do NOT like the idea of faster than me Zombies.

Watching "It Takes Two" with the Olsen twins, Steve Guttenberg, and Kirstie Alley.

"I just go here!"