Page 54 of 95 FirstFirst ... 545525354555663 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,700 of 4745

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

DeathBuzz Guest
    Working on a skip trace for a friend who is a bounty hunter.

Thinking about starting a new thread.
    We've got one for "Currently Watching", and we've got one for "Current Listening"; I did a search and I don't see one for Currently Smelling.

So yeah, I gonna start a new thread...
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Thinking about starting a new thread.
    We've got one for "Currently Watching", and we've got one for "Current Listening"; I did a search and I don't see one for Currently Smelling.

So yeah, I gonna start a new thread...
    I might start a new thread called Currently Not Smelling.

Polishing up my next article, A Cattle. It's about the time a bull hosed down my pole beans.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Emotionally destroyed.
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

Dr. Fishhead, I can relate to that, feeling, sorry you are having that right now, hugs. Right now Trying to figure out what I want to eat and trying to get up the motivation to work on one of my books.

Submitted my newspaper article, A Cattle. Watching ER and gaming.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just finished taking my food handler's permit exam online. THERE'S two hours of my life I'll never get back. TapSeries is so BORING. Watching paint dry is enthralling by comparison. And I PAID $25 to do it, too. *sigh* At least I passed, 97%. Missed one and didn't know which one it was, either, and couldn't go back and correct it.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Messing around. Spot checked my blog-post dates. Need to work on my chapter by chapter chart, but I've done enough of that in the last 24. So, I may either continue watching ER or check out that new Netflix series Safe.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Waiting for HyVee to call me back with a time of re-delivery. UGH. They delivered my groceries about an hour ago, and everything was right except one thing. I ordered a 12-pack of McCafe K-Cups because dammit all, I miss McD's coffee sometimes and it was on sale for $5.99. I'm putting away the groceries, everything's right and the few substitutions they had to make will work fine. Until I get to the coffee. I pick it up, and start to open it to re-stock my coffee box, and notice it feels light. MUCH lighter than it should have. I turned the box over to open it, and it was already open and 6 of the 12 K-Cups are gone.

Chances are, some shoplifter helped themselves to 6 of the K-Cups, and put the box back on the shelf. Not noticing the box was light, the shopper gathering my stuff threw it in my cart. I know that they're only human and they get tired, work long days, what have you. I get that. All I'm asking is they make it right. I called them and I was polite, but said that I really didn't appreciate paying for a full box only to receive half. They luckily agreed, and are supposed to call me with a time this weekend to deliver the coffee. So long as they don't bring me decaf, I'll be fine. Coffee is one of those things though that you just don't mess with.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Waiting for HyVee to call me back with a time of re-delivery. UGH. They delivered my groceries about an hour ago, and everything was right except one thing. I ordered a 12-pack of McCafe K-Cups because dammit all, I miss McD's coffee sometimes and it was on sale for $5.99. I'm putting away the groceries, everything's right and the few substitutions they had to make will work fine. Until I get to the coffee. I pick it up, and start to open it to re-stock my coffee box, and notice it feels light. MUCH lighter than it should have. I turned the box over to open it, and it was already open and 6 of the 12 K-Cups are gone.

Chances are, some shoplifter helped themselves to 6 of the K-Cups, and put the box back on the shelf. Not noticing the box was light, the shopper gathering my stuff threw it in my cart. I know that they're only human and they get tired, work long days, what have you. I get that. All I'm asking is they make it right. I called them and I was polite, but said that I really didn't appreciate paying for a full box only to receive half. They luckily agreed, and are supposed to call me with a time this weekend to deliver the coffee. So long as they don't bring me decaf, I'll be fine. Coffee is one of those things though that you just don't mess with.
    I was raised on one cup of coffee every morning. When I was about 7 Mama started mixing Maxwell House with some cheap stuff that made the brew taste like green beans. I swear. Ew.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Found this when I was doing late night hyperlink chasing. This place sounds familiar for some reason. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hURmpm6TBg&t=164s
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I was raised on one cup of coffee every morning. When I was about 7 Mama started mixing Maxwell House with some cheap stuff that made the brew taste like green beans. I swear. Ew.
    Euw. I'm generally not picky. I usually drink store brand coffee because it's $5-$6 a box. But when other brands are on sale for that price, I'll vary it. Usually it's Folgers and McCafe that go on sale for that price but sometimes Krispy Creme or Green Mountain (Keurig's brand) will go on sale.

I never buy Starbucks because you don't get 12 in the box. You get 6 or 8. I don't say no if the kids or hubs buy it for me for mothers day, my birthday, Christmas, etc. I'll drink it and I do love it I just think not getting a full box is a gyp.

HyVee called at 7am. I turned my ringer on so I'd hear it and slept through it. Miss E heard the door and answered it. I didn't wake up till later. I was going to give the opened box back to them, but it looks like I got a box and a half of coffee.

I said don't mess with my coffee because I can be a bear without it. So bad that my wonder twin has told me, "If you run out text me and I'll stop on my way in and get you one." LOL. But I don't run out. I keep a bag of ground coffee and an adapter for my coffee maker just in case.

"I just go here!"

Looking through some sites while watching the documentary on Jeffrey Dahmer called Dahmer On Dahmer : A Serial Killer Speaks

Thinking about editing another section of the historical after I create another myfitnesspal. I can't log in to the current account because I lost the password and they failed to send a code to create another one.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Finally found a relay call service. In Australia of all places. I'm waiting for an email head's up about cost, if any, per call.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Right now? A whole lotta nuthin. Hunny and I may make a lil midnight stroll thru Wal-Mart in a bit. Need garlic bread for dinner tomorrow and sometimes you just don't want to deal with the store during the day 😁

Taking a break from sleeping.

ETA The Australian relay didn't work. However I was able to get CapTel on my PC, so I'm good to call when the need arises.
    Last edited by cindyt; 05-16-2018 at 12:31 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

We went on a chicken roller coaster this morning lol. We were all set (And excited!) to have our lil yellow fluffies delivered next week. Then this morning hubby got a voicemail that they were coming today! I was insanely excited that they were coming a week early! I had my final dentist appointment today, so I called the place to make sure I would be home in time for them. The guy apologized profusely and said he got his stuff mixed up left us the wrong message, and wondered if we could push our delivery back 2 weeks waah
    Meanwhile, I’m still trying to name our little homestead. I’ve been through sooooo many different ideas, and haven’t come up with anything that screams “that’s it!!”. Right now I’m thinking “________ Eden Acres/Homestead”. I want to use the name for the house, the chickens/eggs, the garden/produce, the orchard/fruit, my essential oil business, our little one bedroom apartment upstairs that we plan on renting out by the weekend/week, and anything else we end up adding to our money making ventures...
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

Sassy, do you have a coop or a chicken house? My grandparents had a chicken farm with one of those long houses.

Editing.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

There was a shed on the property when we bought it. When we looked inside it was obvious that it was once a chicken house. We also found feeders and waterers and heat lamps and chicken stuff (among a bunch of other junk) in there. So we cleaned it up, cleaned up the junk yard behind it ( the people that owned the house had sooo much garbage!), and we’re gonna fence it in. Our chickens will have their house and a big yard to live in
    In the winter we plan on having a little portable coop to bring up by the house so we don’t have to trek all the way out to the shed to take care of them...

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMonkey719 View Post
    There was a shed on the property when we bought it. When we looked inside it was obvious that it was once a chicken house. We also found feeders and waterers and heat lamps and chicken stuff (among a bunch of other junk) in there. So we cleaned it up, cleaned up the junk yard behind it ( the people that owned the house had sooo much garbage!), and we’re gonna fence it in. Our chickens will have their house and a big yard to live in
    In the winter we plan on having a little portable coop to bring up by the house so we don’t have to trek all the way out to the shed to take care of them...
    At my grandparent's farm (they rented it), there were a bunch of sheds. I have no idea what they were used for. The house didn't have a bathroom, and they had to take sponge baths or submerge into one of those portable tubs you see on Little House, and use the outhouse, but that's how they grew up in the mountains. There was an underground vault for disposing dead chickens. You took the top off and dropped them down. Wharf rats were inevitable, as you might imagine. One bit my grandfather at the vault one day.

I'm fixing to scan over my Father's Day newspaper article, which I wrote in a fever this morning. The title: Meat and Milktoast. The one after that is about a summertime day in the life of a small town child--me.
    Last edited by cindyt; 05-18-2018 at 06:55 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Right now I've just finished cleaning house, taking the trash out, and have the oven preheating for my dinner. Got accosted on my way to the dumpster by a neighbor girl who'd been banging on my door earlier looking for Miss E, but I'll vent about that in the vent thread.

"I just go here!"

Fixing to check out what was on the Harry-Meghan wedding menu, then do my devotions and probably lay down for a bit.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Relaxing, may find something on Netflix, been pondering watching 13 reasons why.

Trying to get my sinuses unplugged so I can get back to sleep.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching L&O: SVU and making sausage, egg, and cheese biscuits. I really should've made the biscuits last night, I started making these over an hour and a half ago and I'm just about to pop them in the oven for a minute or two so the cheese will melt.

"I just go here!"

Thinking about food and watching the Lost in Space series on Netflix.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Not sleeping. I've been awake since 3am, went to sleep around 11 or so. I'm gonna hate life today. Add to that I'm the only opener AGAIN....

"I just go here!"

Fixing to eat breakfast while reading a chapter in Psalms.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Been awake since 3am....making dinner early for us. They had a manager meeting today at 2pm which means everyone's breaks had to be done before them. I went earlier than I normally go, so here I sit at 6:30 starving half to death while waiting for the ravioli to boil and the garlic bread to heat up. After dinner, laundry.

"I just go here!"

I'm dying! I rounded up a guest writer for my Growing Up Buford blog. I think he was hinting for it, so I invited him. So he sent me just the kind of story I like, but when he found out there was an introduction about him before the piece he kept shooting family history and stuff for me to add. I know who his grandparents, mother, uncle, friends, and have his church URL. I know where he lives and where he works. He's so nice, but haha. Now Imma scared to open his emails and FB messages. Lol. And get this: he invited himself to be a continuing guest writer.
    Last edited by cindyt; 05-29-2018 at 06:35 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Making out the one check I write each month. In a bit I'll order a few things and a Christmas gift on amazon. I've decided to give the adults gift cards and the kids cop uniforms and holster thingy rig, with gun, hand cuffs, etc. The baby's getting the same. He will be almost two by Christmas.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I'm watching the finale of Survivor, Season 36, about to find out who the winner is....

I've been binge watching er. Did my devotions. Now going back to er. It's kind of expensive to buy the seasons, but not as much as per epi. And I like it. So what the hey.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I'm making chicken salad for a late dinner, listening to P!nk, and talking to my Wonder Twin over text message. WISH I was drinking but alas, it's just Cherry Diet Dr Pepper in my cup without the vodka. *sigh*

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Making out the one check I write each month. In a bit I'll order a few things and a Christmas gift on amazon. I've decided to give the adults gift cards and the kids cop uniforms and holster thingy rig, with gun, hand cuffs, etc. The baby's getting the same. He will be almost two by Christmas.
    I wonder if those toys come now with little laminated cards so the kid cops can Mirandize people before they cuff them?
    There should also be play sets for the kids who don't have the cop uniforms and who might get "arrested" - maybe a t-shirt that says, "I Know My Rights", and a little video camera with a selfie-stick for recording or live streaming the take down.

Me - I'm just enjoying a quite Sunday morning and trying to figure out how to create a single sentence for use in polite conversation that incorporates the words, "ape", "cunt" and "feckless" - as you do - without coming off like an asshat.

Binge watching er, fixing to take a nap.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching L&O:SVU. After being up half the night, I slept in till noon, then got up and started getting around. Made and ate breakfast (egg-and-cheese biscuits and cofffee), got my lunches prepped for the week (homemade pepperoni pizza Lunchables with carrots, edamame, and cantaloupe), and got pizza dough rising on the counter for supper after the meeting.

Also been chatting with my friend who's got the newest addition to my family. Little Miss Sassy Pants is a tiny little grey kitten who is roughly two weeks old. I've been told by my friend that Sassy is not only a cuddler and a snuggler, but is also full of mischief and has already escaped the box she's been in with her momma and brothers. We don't know yet if she'll stay grey or darken up and be a black cat, I personally don't care what color she is.

Miss E, however, is ECSTATIC over a new kitten. By the time we move out of here and into our own place, Sassy will be ready to leave her momma and come home. And if we are here longer than that, my friend will foster her for me until I'm moved. As soon as I get pictures of just her I'll share in the pets thread.

"I just go here!"

Me - I'm just enjoying a quite Sunday morning and trying to figure out how to create a single sentence for use in polite conversation that incorporates the words, "ape", "cunt" and "feckless" - as you do - without coming off like an asshat.
    Invert everything! "Sir or madam, it is manifestly true that you are certainly *not* a feckless ape cunt. The grape Jello crawfish with grape eyes was wonderful."

Noodling with my next op-ed article.

This morning on AW there was this person who thought an op-ed was an article that a writer published theirself. Uh. Nope.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Follower View Post
    Invert everything! "Sir or madam, it is manifestly true that you are certainly *not* a feckless ape cunt. The grape Jello crawfish with grape eyes was wonderful."
    Excellent suggestion - I'm giving it a try for sure!
    I've never had that grape Jello crawfish - I'm going to try that too.

Fixing to work on my historical.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Trying to figure out why Chrome is being a butt....it won't let me save a picture of Sassy to post on the Pets thread here. The wheel is spinning, but the hamster is dead. I'm using Edge right now, but I have noticed in Edge I can't see any pictures posted. I can see avi and siggy pics but nothing else.....

ETA: I had to go in and clear out the cache. I always forget to do that. LOL *facepalm* I should've known.
    Last edited by RiaBrown; 06-04-2018 at 08:09 PM.

"I just go here!"

Finished cleaning house. Love that it only takes about an hour now instead of all damn day. Now I just have to take out the trash, sweep, vacuum, and dust. I don't have much to pick up. I've been on Miss E's case about keeping her stuff picked up, and I keep my own stuff picked up. Not only do I HATE a dirty house, but here where I am we can lose points for not keeping it clean. So far I've had NO complaints about my apartment. That's one of the things my case manager tells me when I meet with her every week: "Every time we check your apartment it's always so CLEAN. We don't care about the unmade beds at all, not when the rest of your apartment is so clean."

Which is true. In one of my first required meetings when I got here, they stressed the importance of "closing your kitchen down" every night. I had never really done that before, but now I do every night. I make sure all the dishes are done, counters and stovetop wiped down, things organized neatly, my lunch for work packed and in the fridge. I make Lizzie keep her stuff picked up in the living room and dining room, tell her not to leave her towels in a heap on the bathroom floor, and yeah. Clean house. I also get my coffee maker ready for the morning by adding water and a K-Cup.

My breakfasts are microwaveable except for one day a week when I make a bunch of breakfast burritos and take them in to work, so my mornings are much smoother now. I used to run around like a chicken with my head cut off in the mornings and skip breakfast altogether. My blood sugar is now telling me I must eat breakfast every morning. *groan* If I don't, I feel it start to drop around noon and by the time I get sent on break around 2 (after getting there at 8am, mind you), I'm a bitch on wheels. Simply eating breakfast fixed that. I drink diet soda, use Equal in my coffee, so I'm not getting any real sugar during the mornings unless Wonder Twin brings in doughnuts.

"I just go here!"

You know you're an adult when your grocery delivery arrives...along with the Swiffer you ordered. And you realize you're excited to mop. For some odd reason, I have a mop here but no floor cleaner and no mop bucket. When my time got extended, I said, "Eff it," and just ordered a Swiffer.

"I just go here!"

Just finished editing. Trying to decide whether to straighten a pic for one of my July articles or watch Grey's....
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Grilling some chicken for dinner, and watching my baby chickens run around ����

Messing around the web. I should be working on my novel or writing my July newspaper article, but I don't wanna. Might play games.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching MasterChef Junior and making cheese-stuffed burgers for Miss E and me. Yeah....the weekly menus I post in the What's For Dinner thread are just suggestions anymore. LOL

"I just go here!"

Wrote the first draft of my first July newspaper article, The Shadburn Shadow.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD