Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8485556575859 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,850 of 3226

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

  1. #2801
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,269
    Just got up and ready to start another hours-long manuscript edit. Wondering when The Voice is going to publish the next paper. I sent my op ed in the first week of November, I believe.

  2. #2802
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,366
    Lookingup diabetic alternatives for Thanksgiving. On the very minor upside, I have not had to take daytime insulin in almost 2weeks-

  3. #2803
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,767
    Home from therapy....more or less in one piece....now we spend the evening recovering.
    "Tequila may not be the answer but it's worth a shot."


  4. #2804
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,594
    Ria I have therapy tomorrow morning so ill be doing the recovering as well. hugs you
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  5. #2805
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,269
    Just finished tonight's editing session. Next is up for grabs, as usual. May read Dress Her in Indigo by John D. MacDonald or watch High Plains Driver on Prime Video.

  6. #2806
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    190
    Binge watching Kitchen Nightmares.

  7. #2807
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,269
    Moderating. Fixing to start today's editing session, and hoping the internet doesn't crash. I don't if it's because of so many rainy days in a row or some other problem at Charter, but, since last night, it's been up and down and up and down. Sissy got a notice alert, but she didn't tell me until I complained about it, naturally.

  8. #2808
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,767
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Ria I have therapy tomorrow morning so ill be doing the recovering as well. hugs you
    Thank you. I hope yours went well. Seems the deeper mine gets the more we have to recover from it.

    Right now I'm not sleeping. I'm up playing with my new phone. Upgraded to a purple Samsung Galaxy S9. I really wanted the Note 9 but it was out of my budget. Glad to be back with Samsung, I am NOT a fan of LG.
    "Tequila may not be the answer but it's worth a shot."


  9. #2809
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,269

  10. #2810
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    13,393
    De-linting my Navel.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

  11. #2811
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,997
    (
    Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    Lookingup diabetic alternatives for Thanksgiving. On the very minor upside, I have not had to take daytime insulin in almost 2weeks-
    As a fellow diabetic (type 2) I can so understand what to eat.(or not to eat) Just all the best for you.
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 11-17-2018 at 03:25 PM.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  12. #2812
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,269
    Fixing to start my editing session.

    1. Preparing the historical for publication early next year
    2. Working on the fist draft of the crime novel

    Sunday, I'll turn to my op ed. I have four or five written, just need to polish them one by one as their deadlines approach.

  13. #2813
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,767
    Thursday's episode of Grey's Anatomy.....
    "Tequila may not be the answer but it's worth a shot."


  14. #2814
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,269
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Thursday's episode of Grey's Anatomy.....
    I was just wondering about that show yesterday. I hadn't heard a word about it until you mention it.

  15. #2815
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,594
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Thank you. I hope yours went well. Seems the deeper mine gets the more we have to recover from it.

    Right now I'm not sleeping. I'm up playing with my new phone. Upgraded to a purple Samsung Galaxy S9. I really wanted the Note 9 but it was out of my budget. Glad to be back with Samsung, I am NOT a fan of LG.
    I hear that , I don't sleep at night, but mine is due to menopause coming on. I got a new iphone 8 and I love it my husband had a Samsung, he moved to iphone as well, glad you like your new phone. I have a red apple iphone. My therapy was very emotional, but we made it through and did the recovering, right now about to play the sims 4 get famous, work on my book later, and spend time with hubby, who is gaming.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  16. #2816
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    190
    Just finished eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and am about to find clothes for tomorrow.

  17. #2817
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,269
    Just finished editing a chapter of the historical. Next comes research into the reach of 1985 cell phones, computer applications with no Internet, and CCTV. Then on to the crime novel, which will be a mix of editing and new words.

  18. #2818
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,767
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I was just wondering about that show yesterday. I hadn't heard a word about it until you mention it.
    I don't remember if this past week was the fall finale or if it's next week...it was good but a bit emotional. Not as much of a tear-jerker as the episode two weeks ago. Did you see that one??? It was the first time I'd seen them celebrate, let alone acknowledge, Día de los Muertos or "day of the dead."

    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I hear that , I don't sleep at night, but mine is due to menopause coming on. I got a new iphone 8 and I love it my husband had a Samsung, he moved to iphone as well, glad you like your new phone. I have a red apple iphone. My therapy was very emotional, but we made it through and did the recovering, right now about to play the sims 4 get famous, work on my book later, and spend time with hubby, who is gaming.
    My not sleeping is unfortunately a combination of the two. So far I'm still loving my phone. I got it set up to unlock with my face, Miss E called me a nerd because of it. Lol! I don't care, I AM a nerd.
    "Tequila may not be the answer but it's worth a shot."


  19. #2819
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,269
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    I don't remember if this past week was the fall finale or if it's next week...it was good but a bit emotional. Not as much of a tear-jerker as the episode two weeks ago. Did you see that one??? It was the first time I'd seen them celebrate, let alone acknowledge, Día de los Muertos or "day of the dead.".
    No. Don't have a TV or Hulu. I didn't know there was a fall finale. If I were to get Hulu, would I be able to watch all the new episodes now?

  20. #2820
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,767
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    No. Don't have a TV or Hulu. I didn't know there was a fall finale. If I were to get Hulu, would I be able to watch all the new episodes now?
    Yep. That's how I watch. I have therapy on Thursdays and nine times out of ten I'm still recovering from the session to realize what's on when.
    "Tequila may not be the answer but it's worth a shot."


  21. #2821
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,269
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Yep. That's how I watch. I have therapy on Thursdays and nine times out of ten I'm still recovering from the session to realize what's on when.
    Thanks! (((((Cindy trots off to hulu)))))

  22. #2822
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,767
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Thanks! (((((Cindy trots off to hulu)))))
    Welcome. ABC has them on their site but you have to wait a week to watch it for free unless you can prove you or your Sissy pays for cable or satellite. I had to watch there, be a week behind, and steer clear of the Grey's Anatomy groups I'm in.

    ETA: Hulu usually adds new episodes around 10-12 hours after they air. So Thursday's episodes are usually available early the next morning.
    Last edited by RiaBrown; 11-18-2018 at 11:10 PM.
    "Tequila may not be the answer but it's worth a shot."


  23. #2823
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,269
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Welcome. ABC has them on their site but you have to wait a week to watch it for free unless you can prove you or your Sissy pays for cable or satellite. I had to watch there, be a week behind, and steer clear of the Grey's Anatomy groups I'm in.

    ETA: Hulu usually adds new episodes around 10-12 hours after they air. So Thursday's episodes are usually available early the next morning.
    I signed up and watched a bit of the first epi, but I have so much to do, I won't be able to binge watch.

  24. #2824
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,767
    Cool beans.

    Right now I'm relaxing my sore back after cleaning house this morning. Miss E and Schmoo are at MIL's for Thanksgiving and will probably be there through the weekend. I'm cooking a turkey breast and also a 5lb ham. The ham is going to be portioned and frozen, as is probably half of the turkey breast. It's mostly to make my life easier for my lunches for work and quicker dinners in the evenings. I'm also using ham in breakfast burritos I take to work on Wednesdays.
    "Tequila may not be the answer but it's worth a shot."


  25. #2825
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    13,393
    Binge watching Pee Wee's Playhouse. Why? I'm not for sure. It's trippy.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

  26. #2826
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    190
    Watching the rebroadcast of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade since I was not able to watch it live this morning.

  27. #2827
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,269
    Gearing up for a session of writing and then editing.

  28. #2828
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    337
    Chilling, watching tv with the animals.

  29. #2829
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,269
    Gearing up for a long writing session.

  30. #2830
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    13,393
    Watching a "Reno 911" marathon on the Comedy Channel. I had forgotten how funny that show was.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

  31. #2831
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,269
    Pissed off because Netflix freezes every time I try to watch RAIN. Been gaming instead. ((((((Yawn)))))) Should be finishing up a chapter in the crime novel, but I don't want to immerse myself into the story this close to dinnertime.

  32. #2832
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,365
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Watching a "Reno 911" marathon on the Comedy Channel. I had forgotten how funny that show was.
    LOL - I have it on DVD.
    My kind of humor, been watching those guys since they were "The State".
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  33. #2833
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,269
    Taking a break from writing which may turn into quits for the night.

  34. #2834
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,767
    Just getting up for the day. Breakfast, coffee, and a shower within an hour or so. After that? Depends. Wonder Twin may come over with the next two or three Marvel movies, but her grandma has been in the hospital so I don't know if she will come over or not. It depends on if she has been released or not. I look for her to text me in an hour or so to tell me yay or nay.

    If she doesn't come over I'm going to spend my day writing. I hadn't worked on my novel in months, but lately Wonder Twin and I had been challenging each other with writing prompts we found on Pinterest. I had forgotten how much I do love to write and decided to start back up with my novel again. I'll have to take it in stages since I have to take my wrist brace off to type and I just can't sit in a chair longer than an hour or so.

    Why am I wearing a wrist brace you may wonder? I had been having hand and wrist pain in my right hand and wrist. My thumb and index finger (and sometimes middle) are numb. I chalked it up to arthritis and wasn't going to pay a doctor to tell me that. At Wonder Twin's urging (and threat to just drag me there) I went to the Care Spot next door to work. Sure enough. Carpal tunnel. I see my regular doctor Thursday morning and go from there.

    That's why I've been absent. Can't sit at the laptop for very long and a numb right hand makes it difficult to type on my phone.
    "Tequila may not be the answer but it's worth a shot."


  35. #2835
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,269
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Just getting up for the day. Breakfast, coffee, and a shower within an hour or so. After that? Depends. Wonder Twin may come over with the next two or three Marvel movies, but her grandma has been in the hospital so I don't know if she will come over or not. It depends on if she has been released or not. I look for her to text me in an hour or so to tell me yay or nay.

    If she doesn't come over I'm going to spend my day writing. I hadn't worked on my novel in months, but lately Wonder Twin and I had been challenging each other with writing prompts we found on Pinterest. I had forgotten how much I do love to write and decided to start back up with my novel again. I'll have to take it in stages since I have to take my wrist brace off to type and I just can't sit in a chair longer than an hour or so.

    Why am I wearing a wrist brace you may wonder? I had been having hand and wrist pain in my right hand and wrist. My thumb and index finger (and sometimes middle) are numb. I chalked it up to arthritis and wasn't going to pay a doctor to tell me that. At Wonder Twin's urging (and threat to just drag me there) I went to the Care Spot next door to work. Sure enough. Carpal tunnel. I see my regular doctor Thursday morning and go from there.

    That's why I've been absent. Can't sit at the laptop for very long and a numb right hand makes it difficult to type on my phone.
    Been adding to my Kindle Cloud library. I've got a lot on there I haven't read. Yet. I got carpal tunnel in 2002 from making quilts. I'd be going down the road and my left hand would go numb, and it hurt like hell at night. I knew what it was, but went to my GP anyway. He advised me to get a brace. I ended up with one for each wrist and wore them while sleeping. They worked. When I quit making quilts it went away, mostly. Every once in a while, it'll come around while I'm typing (like now ).

    I found the entire L&O:SVU on amazon prime video for free! I've been watching--never mind ER and Dr. Quinn, and the Waltons, Starsky and Hutch, and such I haven't finished up.

    There's a monthly writing challenge on AW, as in January Challenge, and so on. No word count limit, just write every day. Of course, no one, including me, does that, because there are days when you just do not have it. There'S one writer who wrote every single day in December, and now he/she is burnt out because "I wrote every day last month.) Mkay.
    Last edited by cindyt; 01-05-2019 at 10:25 AM.

  36. #2836
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    190
    Sorting laundry.

  37. #2837
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,269
    Waiting for dinner.

  38. #2838
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,767
    Feeling a STRONG urge to do something...but it's really not something I should do on Facebook. At least not at this time. My mom and sister would disown me if they knew.

    And no I'm not trying to crack jokes to make y'all laugh. I'm being serious. I've always known I'm not straight. I thought for oh, I don't know, 15 or 20 years that I was bisexual. Hubs and I have been living apart for almost 18 months now. He confided in me that he didn't want to get back together. Neither of us have any inclinations to get married again so we are not filing for divorce. We are just going to live apart, date others, and be friends for the kids' sakes.

    During our split, I did some self-improvement. Some self-evaluation if you will. And I discovered I'm not bisexual at all. I'm a lesbian. Yep I'm gay. I've come out to friends one at a time and most of the response from friends who have known me forever: "I knew it back in high school." "I wondered but wasn't sure." Basically, "This isn't brand new information."

    Well. I didn't realize I was so obvious and "out." Dating again as a partially-out lesbian is HARD.
    "Tequila may not be the answer but it's worth a shot."


  39. #2839
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,269
    Gaming and messing around after a long day of writing fun.

  40. #2840
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,378
    Watching an episode of Endeavour Season 6, and not wanting to go to work on Tuesday !
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  41. #2841
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,269
    Just finished my writing session. Fixing to continue reading Ranker's unsolved truck stop murders in Texas.

  42. #2842
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    190
    Getting siblings off to school and then I will do some writing.

  43. #2843
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,269
    Quote Originally Posted by InternetCrazy20 View Post
    Getting siblings off to school and then I will do some writing.
    What do you write? There's a writing thread around here somewhere. I write fiction and nonfiction.

    Just got up. Got the sore throat. Probably go back to bed.

  44. #2844
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    What do you write? There's a writing thread around here somewhere. I write fiction and nonfiction.

    Just got up. Got the sore throat. Probably go back to bed.
    I mostly write fan fiction.

  45. #2845
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,269
    Quote Originally Posted by InternetCrazy20 View Post
    I mostly write fan fiction.
    The first fan fiction I read was the continuing story of Eric Dravon and The Crow original movie. Never tried my hand at writing FF though.

    Just converted two .itf formats to .docx. I'm more than halfway through my 1,000 per day drafting goal and may just chill until I pick it up in an hour or so.
    Last edited by cindyt; 02-19-2019 at 03:18 PM.

  46. #2846
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,594
    Catching up after being gone for a week.
    "My Darling Girl ,when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." ~Aunt Frances~ #METOO grandpa Jan 8,1927-March 9, 2006 Grandma Nov 6, 1926-June 28, 2018. Forever loved and missed always in my heart.

  47. #2847
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    13,393
    Watching my Tree Limbs get droopier as the Freezing Rain keeps pissing down. I can handle losing a few limbs, just don't want the power to go off. Can't sleep with out my CPAP. Had to run to Wal Mart for Cat Food and Litter. Dear Lord that place was crazy. Bread and Milk flying everywhere.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

  48. #2848
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,269

  49. #2849
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,767
    Quote Originally Posted by InternetCrazy20 View Post
    I mostly write fan fiction.
    I love to read fanfic but only tried writing it once. Do you publish on Archive Of Our Own or another site? I've been reading a lot of Eddie/Venom fics with Wonder Twin lately.
    "Tequila may not be the answer but it's worth a shot."


  50. #2850
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    37,269
    Reading about vanished civilizations on ListVerse. Fixing to go to bed and hope for sleep.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •