Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

About to get in the shower and get my stuff together for work tomorrow. Got to pack breakfast and an interview outfit. Hardee's is having open interviews from 2pm-5pm tomorrow. I'm off at 1:30pm. I'm going to have to cheat twice this week and eat at McD's tomorrow and again Thursday, but tomorrow I'll walk home from Hardee's and work it off.

I'm fed up with McDonald's. They're not promoting me as promised, and the clientele is becoming ruder and ruder and even more stupid by the day. If I don't get out and get out soon, I'm going to snap and end up either walking out or getting fired. Yesterday was my ten-year anniversary with the company and not even a word of recognition. I brought it to GM's boss' attention, and HE said something, but after I brought it up.

Not many employees have lasted as long as I have, I can count on one hand the number of crew who have been there as long as I or longer. With the turnaround in this business, making it to five years is something to be proud of, IMO. As for me...I go in early, I stay late, I have gone in TWICE in the last two weeks alone on my days off to fill in, I never complain about being asked to stock sauces (fill the bins with grape and strawberry jelly or hot and mild picante sauces), make salad dressing packets, or other odd jobs. I may JOKINGLY complain, by saying "No me importa" ("it doesn't matter to me" or "it's not important to me" in Spanish), but the managers I say that to know I'm just kidding and I'll gladly stock whatever they brought me to stock. Besides, I can never say that with a straight face anyway. I'd be a terrible poker player. LOL

Once opening Manager A was with me in drive-through early in the morning. She was on cash and I was taking orders. She'd run up and gotten six or seven picante sauce and jelly bins to fill, and set them by her register. "Don't touch these," she told me, "I'll fill them. You do it every morning." When her back was turned, I sneaked over and grabbed a couple and started filling them up.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

I'm at work, beginning hour 2 of 12. Uggggh.

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    About to get in the shower and get my stuff together for work tomorrow. Got to pack breakfast and an interview outfit. Hardee's is having open interviews from 2pm-5pm tomorrow. I'm off at 1:30pm. I'm going to have to cheat twice this week and eat at McD's tomorrow and again Thursday, but tomorrow I'll walk home from Hardee's and work it off.

I'm fed up with McDonald's. They're not promoting me as promised, and the clientele is becoming ruder and ruder and even more stupid by the day. If I don't get out and get out soon, I'm going to snap and end up either walking out or getting fired. Yesterday was my ten-year anniversary with the company and not even a word of recognition. I brought it to GM's boss' attention, and HE said something, but after I brought it up.

Not many employees have lasted as long as I have, I can count on one hand the number of crew who have been there as long as I or longer. With the turnaround in this business, making it to five years is something to be proud of, IMO. As for me...I go in early, I stay late, I have gone in TWICE in the last two weeks alone on my days off to fill in, I never complain about being asked to stock sauces (fill the bins with grape and strawberry jelly or hot and mild picante sauces), make salad dressing packets, or other odd jobs. I may JOKINGLY complain, by saying "No me importa" ("it doesn't matter to me" or "it's not important to me" in Spanish), but the managers I say that to know I'm just kidding and I'll gladly stock whatever they brought me to stock. Besides, I can never say that with a straight face anyway. I'd be a terrible poker player. LOL

Once opening Manager A was with me in drive-through early in the morning. She was on cash and I was taking orders. She'd run up and gotten six or seven picante sauce and jelly bins to fill, and set them by her register. "Don't touch these," she told me, "I'll fill them. You do it every morning." When her back was turned, I sneaked over and grabbed a couple and started filling them up.
    Best wishes, Ria. I am fixing to change the color of all my text links on Our Town, and otherwise stay busy until breakfast. I usually eat at 3am ish, but when Sissy goes for biscuits I have to wait like 4 hours later and it can be hard since I'm on a diet, but I can do all things through Christ, which strengthens me. Philippians 4:13. That verse is on My Fit Pal profile and I take it to heart, especially diet wise.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

navallint Guest
    Good luck with Hardee"s, Ria. Ten years is a long time without a promotion and what you have to deal with, you must be a saint. My daughter has worked at KFC for 16 years, she's now an assistant manager and puts up with crap cause she makes 16 bucks and hour. She is very laid back and lets shit just roll off her back. Is there a KFC near you, the one here hires above minimum wage and if you are dedicated they advance you fast.
    I'm trying to work up the energy to mop my bathroom and kitchen, not having much luck.

Waiting for dinnertime, fixing to boot up my manuscript, and write.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    Good luck with Hardee"s, Ria. Ten years is a long time without a promotion and what you have to deal with, you must be a saint. My daughter has worked at KFC for 16 years, she's now an assistant manager and puts up with crap cause she makes 16 bucks and hour. She is very laid back and lets shit just roll off her back. Is there a KFC near you, the one here hires above minimum wage and if you are dedicated they advance you fast.
    Unfortunately, there isn't one close enough to me. There IS one across town, but in inclement weather, it wouldn't be easy to get to and from work. Besides, I really prefer to work the 5am-1pm shift, or 6am-2pm. KFC doesn't open until 10am.

I sat down with the GM himself today at Hardee's. He is definitely interested, breakfast is when they do the most business. I told him I could see why, and then said Hardee's breakfast was better than McDonald's. Which is true. Their biscuits are the bomb-diggity. Anyways, he said that he is definitely interested in talking to me further. He said that since I just applied online within the last two or three weeks, to give him a day or so to find my app and then call him and we'd sit down for a formal interview. I'm not going to call him, though. I need to go grocery shopping on Friday since I'm off. Hardee's is across the street from my grocery store, so I'm going to just pop in, maybe get breakfast, and talk to the GM before shopping. Of course, if I even toy with the idea of Hardee's breakfast, I won't be dining alone. ROFL. Hubby loves it just as much as I do.

"I just go here!"

PurrPurr Guest
    Binge watching Law and Order. I'm halfway through Season 3

I ought to go back to L&O.

Balancing my check register and wondering why two electronic bills came in a day early. Doesn't matter, but I like Consistency. (At least it wasn't a day early.) Fixing to do devotions and might right. IDK. I don't feel to good. Let's just say right now I never want BBQ again. Ever. Period.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching Sleater-Kinney and Heartless Bastards on Austin City Limits.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Fixing to go to bed and maybe read. I fell better but not enough to do anything much more than crash.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

At work. Again.

Fixing to do my devotions and then eat breakfast.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just had my first interview ever, at the tender age of 29 (previous employment never required one, thankfully). How nerve wrecking! Now to chill out with a lovely cup of tea

Dealing with effers. OMG they're even dumber today I'm glad I'm off the next three days and I'm even more glad for the bottle of whiskey in my freezer even as I type.

"I just go here!"

intothelight Guest
    Watching Hells Kitchen.

PurrPurr Guest
    Spent most of day cleaning the apartment and doing laundry. Ordered dinner for delivery since I'm too pooped to cook...and I don't want to mess up my clean kitchen.

Fixing to hop in the shower.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

navallint Guest
    Went to see my shrink, changed my anti depressants and upped my Seroquel to 400 mg a night. Made dinner when I got home and now I'm chilling.

Modding. May game and then do devotions, and nap.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching last night's L&O: SVU. About to start some chicken and garlic pasta, "Chicken Helper." Had therapy today, not in a spot to be able to do anything much more complex than that.

"I just go here!"

Rearranging the menu. We were going to have pizza and salad tonight, and sliders on Monday. Hubby doesn't get off work till 7 on Monday, so we'll have the sliders tonight and the pizza and salad Monday night.

"I just go here!"

I cannot make this stuff up. Little Bit walks into the kitchen. I am very clearly making sliders, hamburger meat in my hands I'm shaping it into "just-her-size" patties.

Little Bit: Momma, what are you doing?

Me: Hunting wild unicorns.

Little Bit: Bye.

And she leaves the kitchen!!!! ROFL I can't take this kid anywhere.

"I just go here!"

Devotions finished. Fixing to bag birthday gifts for the boys' party tomorrow and then put away the first Christmas gifts. Then I'm going to work the Brandon Lee site.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

navallint Guest
    I'm working on a timeline of my life, going year to year. Just by dwelling on some memories other come to me.

Back from the grocery store. Again. Hubby was disappointed I'd only gotten buffalo wing stuff and not nachos. He reminded me I had said I'd make nachos, he'd pay me back for the nacho fixings when he got paid Tuesday. He'd had his heart set on nachos. LOL So because I love my husband with all my heart and soul, I went back to the store today.

I had to go anyway, because I forgot Little Bit's Lunchable to take to school Thursday. They're having a field trip instead of a Valentine's party, they're going to some trampoline place. Sky something. I'd already bought her a pink water bottle yesterday, so she's taking that, her Lunchable, a string cheese, and a portion of "hot chips." She loves these Flamin' Hot Fries made by Cheetos.

"I just go here!"

I'm working on a timeline of my life, going year to year. Just by dwelling on some memories other come to me.
    Sometimes It's good to do that. That is something I do after momma goes to bed. I was up 'till 0400 sweeping cobwebs out and defragging my mind a bit.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I've got a chunk of my memoirs written down, just need to add to and connect the dots, which means making a timeline. Sounds like fun to me.

Modding. I just got home from my two great nephews' birthday party. Cohen, 2, cried when Brittany put his party hat on him, and he cried when Alex lit his two candles. He also tried to block me from going through the door between the kitchen and the dining room. He thanked me for his two pairs of blue jeans and two tees. There's home for him yet. Lol. Oh, and another little kid staked out the cupcake tier. I mean he sat there in his birthday hat and didn't move a muscle until he realized he would have to wait for everyone else.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I've got a chunk of my memoirs written down, just need to add to and connect the dots, which means making a timeline. Sounds like fun to me.
    I'm not sure if I could do that. I probably SHOULD, but with the DID and memory repression, there was a lot repressed in addition to the obvious. It's why I've hit a wall writing my own memoirs, because I'm including EVERYTHING. The abuse, the DID, everything.

"I just go here!"

Relaxing. Spent the early part of the afternoon browsing for furniture. We need a new bed, desk chair and some seating for the living room. Did some food shopping, picked up supplies for tomorrow. Wanted a shamrock shake but had to settle for a sweet tea. Now I'm resting my tired feet

Yep, Shamrock Shakes start around Valentine's Day.

Just got out of the shower. In the midst of getting frufru, Maxchief peeped at me. Get out, tell Max I am a big girl and quite capable of showering without feline supervision. Hubby replies, "Nuh-uh, I told him to watch you!" *shakes head* Never a dull moment around here.

"I just go here!"

I'm not sure if I could do that. I probably SHOULD, but with the DID and memory repression, there was a lot repressed in addition to the obvious. It's why I've hit a wall writing my own memoirs, because I'm including EVERYTHING. The abuse, the DID, everything.
    You know, I understand that suppression more than you might think. I have about eight months missing from my childhood. And it's not something I've forgotten as an adult. I've always known it. I remember celebrating Easter and the next day was Christmas. It was as if I woke up and I remember being like What happened?" I was four or five years old. I know that's young, but I can remember things from when I was two years old.

Yep, Shamrock Shakes start around Valentine's Day.

Just got out of the shower. In the midst of getting frufru, Maxchief peeped at me. Get out, tell Max I am a big girl and quite capable of showering without feline supervision. Hubby replies, "Nuh-uh, I told him to watch you!" *shakes head* Never a dull moment around here.
    Speaking of cats. I have a friend on FB who just posted that she was on her computer when her cat started on her about his pets, as they do, and her computer screen got turned upside down and she was having to type upside down, and did anyone know how she could get it straightened out again.

I haven't been up long. Got to make a wee grocery list--I spent upward to 60 bucks Thursday and not a cent of it on food. Update my diet/exercise journal, balance my bank register, look for baby shower gifts, but right now Ima ridin the range.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

You know, I understand that suppression more than you might think. I have about eight months missing from my childhood. And it's not something I've forgotten as an adult. I've always known it. I remember celebrating Easter and the next day was Christmas. It was as if I woke up and I remember being like What happened?" I was four or five years old. I know that's young, but I can remember things from when I was two years old.

Speaking of cats. I have a friend on FB who just posted that she was on her computer when her cat started on her about his pets, as they do, and her computer screen got turned upside down and she was having to type upside down, and did anyone know how she could get it straightened out again.
    The alters hold the missing chunks of memory. The gatekeeper alter keeps track of everything, and when I'm ready, she'll let the alters fill me in on what I've missed. The gatekeeper knows how many alters there are, I don't know that.

To fix the screen orientation, you have to go into the display settings. Which version of windows is she using? I've had to do that many times on Windows 7, I think it was. I'd leave the laptop open, go to the bathroom. Come back and find Max standing on the keyboard. Shoo him off, sit back down, and find the orientation sideways. I had to turn the laptop on its side to maneuver my way into the display settings and fix it. I've had to do that about three or four times until I got trained to close the laptop lid when I got up. ROFL He trained me.

"I just go here!"

Thanks. I don't know what version she uses, but she should be able to find the display settings.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thanks. I don't know what version she uses, but she should be able to find the display settings.
    And once in there, she'll want to tweak "orientation settings." That turns the screen the right way from the catty-whompus.

"I just go here!"

Right now, I'm working on Little Bit's party plans. I'm going through Google searching for pictures of the Pitch Perfect cast for Little Bit's birthday cake. Our grocery store can take any picture and make it into an edible image for a cake. I've chosen and downloaded a half-dozen of so for Little Bit to choose from. On the cake, I'll have written, "[Little Bit's first name], Hope Your 13th Birthday is Aca-Awesome!" I'll have them put a border all around the side of the cake, music notes and staff.

For food, I'm going to serve burrito shots, but we won't CALL them shots. LOL That's all I need, five preteen and young teen girls going home and telling their parents, "We did shots at the party!" ROFL! NO. They'll actually be mini burritos. If you haven't seen the movies, there's a scene in the first Pitch Perfect movie where Fat Amy (Rebel Wilson) is filling the Bellas' bus with gas, and the Treblemakers ride by in THEIR bus, and Bumper (Adam Devine) throws his burrito out the window and hits Amy. She screams, "Help! I've been shot!" The burritos will be served with chips and salsa, and Crush ("Crushed It") soda. I couldn't find anything else from the movies food-wise, so I just chose chips and salsa to go with the burritos.

And I'll probably have them be "made to order," meaning I'll fill them with whatever fillings the girls choose. I'll have seasoned hamburger, a half-batch of cilantro lime rice, cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, lettuce, and salsa. Guacamole is iffy, most kids don't like it unless they're Mexican and grew up eating it. I'm not going to buy it (or make it) and be the only one eating it. I may also provide smaller, taco-sized tortillas in case girls would prefer tacos. I'm aware that I will probably have to repeat the menu for Schmoo's welcome home/birthday/graduation party in April. And I'm okay with that.

"I just go here!"

Freezing with my pants on. Just almost finished slapping pics on the Brandon Lee page--GunSmoke: Death by Misadventure. I'll finish later, and then begin the sub title: Rumors of Murder. The next two are short pages, thank God. Of course there's more after that. I had to take down almost all of my pics because something wasn't working and it was all sloppified, but I found a way to put up images in neat order with the text. Now, I'm going to boot up my devotion files, and in a little bit do them, then it's breakfast: Hardee's steak biscuit and orange juice.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Love Hardee's. That's where Little Bit and I were in the pics I posted on FB this morning. (Of my breakfast date.) I love Hardee's breakfast. If I get a job there, it is going to be EXTREMELY hard to NOT buy food there all the time....

"I just go here!"

And their coffee/decaf can't be beat, except for home brewed.

Just ate breakfast while watching NCIS, which I don't like as much as Criminal Minds, but it's better than Blue Bloods. May game and/or finish up a page on Brandon Lee site. For sure, going to bed soon.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

PurrPurr Guest
    Watching Kitten Bowl.

Watching Pitch Perfect 2 with a full tummy. I made nachos for lunch with homemade nacho cheese sauce. OMG. It was SO good. I tweaked my mac-and-cheese sauce recipe, which may or may not be in the recipe thread: switched out the Colby/Jack/Cheddar combination for Mexican shredded cheese mix, added a can of Rotel, added extra milk to thin it out. Served it over chips with taco meat, salsa, jalapeno peppers, and optional sour cream. It. Was. Fire.

I am completely cheating on my diet today, I'll just switch out today for Thursday. (Thursday is usually my cheat day because I have therapy and grocery store trips on alternating weeks, no time to eat my healthy foods.) So Thursday I'll buy healthy food at work. Salad and a grilled snack wrap I think.

"I just go here!"

navallint Guest
    For a change, I'm feeling really good today. For the last 3 weeks I've been eating a tablespoon of coconut oil every morning. I have noticed my energy level increase. Hope it continues. Maybe even lose a few pounds.

Waiting for the game to start . I sent the man out for carrot chips & hummus this morning since I never got them yesterday.

Not watching the game. Rooting for the Panthers, but not watching. Hubby and I don't root for Manning. He "teabagged" a female trainer in college. Ain't nobody got time for that.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish...onduct-scandal

"I just go here!"

Just finished my workout, fixing to do some more work on my Brandon Lee Site.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Recovering from the debacle of a football game I just watched... I need a nap.....

Thinking about a popsicle snack and I've got dishes to wash.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Being nervous about another interview and being lazy because I ate WAY too much for dinner!

Good luck Torious.

Just got up without getting my enough sleep, but I'm cooking dinner tonight and don't want to be late. I'd wait until another night, but Sissy goes to Brittany's on Tuesday and by Wednesday the steak will be ruined. We don't like to freeze steak before cooking. In the meantime I'm messing around, fixing to walk, then probably game.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thank you Cindyt

I'm still being lazy since the last post...and probably will be until bed time. It is 7.30pm after all :P

Finished walking, waiting for Sissy to text me when she wants to eat so I'll know when to go down and make the salad.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD