Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scott Weiland

Overdose no doubt. Oh, man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

how sad, and dying in minnesota too... (no offense to minnesotans but...it must be cold)
    Last edited by Lush; 12-03-2015 at 10:38 PM.

KarmaKat Guest
    This is truly heartbreaking. Not a total surprise but sad non the less.
    RIP Scott my teens would not have been the same without you

It's sad. Just last month I was watching Jimmy Kimmel's "Mash-up Monday" where he got Joss Stone & The Stone Temple Pilots to perform together. I looked over at my hubby and told him "I know this is just a parody for ratings but STP just isn't the same without Scott." He was STP. That bands music without Weiland's voice just doesn't work for me.

I don't care to speculate on his death. It's either drug-use or complications due to prolonged drug-use. Either way, it's just sad.

RIP Scott Weiland...(I've always dreaded the day I'd have to type that)
    [SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Damn.

Loved him with STP. I was just thinking about them\him yesterday and how great some of that music was.

Still have "Tiny Music" in my truck.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

R.I.P.

RIP Good Sir
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Rest in peace, sir.

Good-Bye 90's. RIP

RIP.

DAMN IT. This is not what I wanted to wake up to. It is not surprising but still sucks. I had front row tickets to Stone Temple Pilots a few years back and he was AMAZING. Truly underrated singer. Everyone could see this coming but it still sucks.

Tinse Guest
    I found out about Scott Weiland passing when I switched on my computer this morning. I gasped audibly and sighed, "Oh, no!"

How awful. I adored Scott Weiland, both with STP and with Velvet Revolver. That voice.

Gone too soon.

Tomorrow, some ale and a listening marathon to honour Scott Weiland.

RIP

Scott was very talented and very sexy! I knew it would end like this. He was one of the better frontmen of my generation. ~I understand heroin too. Ironically, to kick my habit, i moved 900 miles to Minneapolis Minnesota. His ex wife wrote a book that i recommend. No title handy, but she had quite the ride.

I saw this immediately on my FB feed. I don't watch SNL anymore, but I remember vividly catching one of the nights they were on.

RIP

Its not surprising but it is shocking. I was afraid of his but hoped he was clean & done with it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Like many have said it was a shock but not surprising in hindsight.

When he was clean, the guy was amazing but damn, there were times when he was screwed up that made you want to cry because you knew how good he could be.

I only found out about them when I saw the Sour Girl video but after that I was hooked and even followed him to VR and in my opinion, Fall To Pieces is one of the greatest songs ever released, even more so now.

I hope he will be remembered for his voice but like many before him it will be for his struggles.

RIP Scott

I thought he OD'd a few years ago, sad but true. You can lead a dog to water...

#cocaineisahelluvadrug
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Overdose no doubt. Oh, man.
    I think you are right. You know he was surrounded with people that truly did not care about him, all they wanted to do was party with him. Not the crowd you want to be around when you are battling THAT particular demon. I am a bit surprised he lasted this long. RIP and thanks for some great tunes.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

DrDeath Guest
    Man this sucks

All of my Holy Teenage Trinity- Cobain, Staley and Weiland gone. DRUGS SUCK!

Been listening to STP all day

That TMZ audio is shocking

DrDeath Guest

Last picture. The night before his death
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weiland.jpg 
Views:	367 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	53177  

His wife is adamant he was clean and was doing really well. The others in the band/crew had made a pact to not put any temptation in his way but drugs were found on the bus. There is also stories of him slipping off the wagon and being found with crack so it looks like we'll have to wait on the autopsy to find out what happened.

If he was clean then it could be another Eddie Guerrero. He had been sober for years when he died but his heart gave out because of what he put it through. This looks to be the same unfortunately.
    Last edited by Shellie; 12-04-2015 at 02:36 PM.

This is his last interview from Dec 1/2015 right here in Toronto

http://globalnews.ca/news/2380504/wa...station-102-1/
    Last edited by cash; 12-04-2015 at 02:56 PM.

Never heard of STP until I saw them listed on The Crow soundtrack "Big Empty."
    Last edited by cindyt; 12-27-2015 at 09:28 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

29. 12-04-2015, 04:05 PM

Anyone else reloading this page every so often, hoping for more info? I'm listening to STP right now. I am so disappointed that he's gone. It's interesting to see some people saying it was cardiac arrest, that he was clean. Then others are saying it was probably drugs. We're most likely in for another long wait to hear toxicology reports.

A statement has been released saying that they found cocaine in the room beside him and the the group's bassist Tommy Black has been arrested for possession.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/1...s-arrest-made/

darkdistiller Guest
    I saw the news pop up on my phone this morning. My first thought was, "Shame, probably overdosed." The second question was, "Hey, @LADeathTrip's twitter hasn't said anything about it yet."
    I wonder if it was the cocaine, or just the years of heavy drug abuse taking their toll.
    Either way R.I.P. Scott, STP was one of my favorite bands back in the 90's.

One of my favorite vocalists. Ive been so sad about his passing since learning about it last night. Always hoped he could get it together and stay sober. RIP Scott
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

Traded one addiction for another apparently. Can't deny his talent was huge!!!! My condolences to his family and friends.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

such a shame. hope you are rocking with kurt, and layne, my friend.
    see you on the flip side.
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

Wow.... this really says it all.... truly, what a shame...

http://buffalo.com/2015/12/04/featur...where-it-ends/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    Wow.... this really says it all.... truly, what a shame...

http://buffalo.com/2015/12/04/featur...where-it-ends/
    It truly did say it all. I hope he's not in pain any longer. RIP
    Minerva

For some people, nothing ever quiets the demons. I hope he's at peace.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Scott's ex-wife wrote this.... just plain sad....

When writing a book years ago, it pained me to sometimes gloss over so much grief and struggle, but I did what I thought was best for Noah and Lucy. I knew they would one day see and feel everything that I'd been trying to shield them from, and that they'd eventually be brave enough to say, "That mess was our father. We loved him, but a deep-rooted mix of love and disappointment made up the majority of our relationship with him."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz3tjp8fVe0
    Last edited by Cynful; 12-08-2015 at 06:06 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    Scott's ex-wife wrote this.... just plain sad....

When writing a book years ago, it pained me to sometimes gloss over so much grief and struggle, but I did what I thought was best for Noah and Lucy. I knew they would one day see and feel everything that I'd been trying to shield them from, and that they'd eventually be brave enough to say, "That mess was our father. We loved him, but a deep-rooted mix of love and disappointment made up the majority of our relationship with him."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz3tjp8fVe0

WOW!!! I'm speechless. Too many people want to marginalize "rock wives," and make comments without knowing them, but this lady seems like she was his absolute best shot for a clean life and she's to be praised for this article. I hope it resonates with a lot of "rock gods" who are living a pathetic existence, including the dude from his own band who was arrested the day he died. Rock is cool. Drugs are for dopes.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    WOW!!! I'm speechless. Too many people want to marginalize "rock wives," and make comments without knowing them, but this lady seems like she was his absolute best shot for a clean life and she's to be praised for this article. I hope it resonates with a lot of "rock gods" who are living a pathetic existence, including the dude from his own band who was arrested the day he died. Rock is cool. Drugs are for dopes.
    Fabulous post McCourt... ITA 100%... :-)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MrsE1981 Guest
    Incredibly sad about this. Hardly a shock, but still... At least he wasn't alone undiscovered for days like Layne

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I read that also earlier this morning. It sounds like Mm has done a good job of basically raising the kids herself. So dang sad.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I read that also earlier this morning. It sounds like Mm has done a good job of basically raising the kids herself. So dang sad.
    She sure did. I feel badly for the kids, but I'm wondering by what miracle she thought that having children was going to make him straighten up and stop abusing drugs and alcohol. She chose her kids' father, but she did a piss poor job. Another of his wives or ex-wives said that it was impossible for him to have died due to drugs or alcohol because he and his band had a "pact" that none of them would do drugs on the road. She apparently is sticking by this even though one of the band members was arrested the day they found Scott's body because he had cocaine in his "bedroom" on the bus. Scott's room also contained a half dozen or so different prescriptions that did or did not belong to him, weed, meth and cocaine. Sounds like they had a pact alright.
    Minerva

This made me sad. I grew up with STP and honestly thought he would have ODed a long time ago. But I still loved him in STP and Velvet Revolver and I'm sorry that it was all over too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wholigan View Post
    This made me sad. I grew up with STP and honestly thought he would have ODed a long time ago. But I still loved him in STP and Velvet Revolver and I'm sorry that it was all over too soon.

My favorite Velvet Revolver song.
    Minerva

his kids and ex-wife were no shows at his funeral

http://www.alternativenation.net/sco...eral-eulogies/

I guess they got used to not being in his life, so there was no need to be involved in his death. I wish them all well.
    Minerva

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]