Thread: Police shooting of Samuel Dubose

Police shooting of Samuel Dubose

Let's see who wants to defend THIS cop.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/30/us...rist.html?_r=0
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    The only reason the prosecutor is being so harsh and charging murder is to avoid riots like in Ferguson. The cop is wrong but this does go back to the general theme I've said from the beginning of all these shootings/beatings/suicideys etc.... Do what the cop tells you to do!!! No license, bottle of alcohol, being evasive, being suspicious as fuck!!, not getting out of the car, starting the car instead and trying to run from the police. I'm not saying he deserved to die but if he had done what the cop asked he probably would have been ticketed and sent on his way.

If I were the cop I'd defend myself by saying as soon as he started that car and attempted to run it became a weapon that put everyone in his path in danger of being killed. What if the cop allowed the guy to run and the guy killed some innocent bystander? If I'm on a jury I'm not convicting for murder... probably not even manslaughter.

Personally I think he's being charged with murder because he murdered a guy. Here's a story with video of his court appearance. I do feel a little bad for him because he can't grow a halfway decent cop mustache.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...1026?cid=sm_fb
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

I'll agree this shooting was not warranted. Whether or not it's racially motivated, we don't know. But of course the BLM people will say it was. I have known plenty of white people who have been pulled over for not having a front license plate. They also handed over their license, didn't have booze in their car and didn't try and drive away while the officer was talking to them. I don't think he was pulled over because he's black. I am NOT saying he deserved to be shot, but why can't people just do as they are asked when pulled over by the cops? Do not give them any excuse for bad behavior, if it happens to end up being a bad cop.

They should be educating black people on how to behave when they are stopped instead of just repeating "Black Lives Matter". That is not doing anything constructive. Again I am not saying this guy deserved to be shot, but if he had just straight up done what he was supposed to this is another one that didn't have to end in tragedy. That's at least 4 people just this year who could have avoided death if they had just acted differently in their interaction with the police.

Yes, it's not just black people, someone could have told the Studio City shooter the same thing. I am singling about black people because of the Black Live Matter thing.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    They should be educating black people on how to behave when they are stopped instead of just repeating "Black Lives Matter".
    YES!!!!! Your entire post is perfect but that bit is what I've been banging my head about. Why is this not even getting discussed!!? This would be the perfect opportunity to explain to people that when dealing with a Cop it's not time for a debate, or an argument. It is not time to do the head bob "oh no he din'" routine you do at home and the hood to intimidate people. You will not intimidate a cop. You will not win a debate with a cop... even if you're right. When dealing with a cop pretend you have some sense!!! The media could actually save lives if they changed the narrative of the story.

I have an idea. how about complying with what the cop is saying? just a thought.

"Comply or Be Shot"???

I always thought it was "To Protect and to Serve".

Seems like the only thing they're protecting is themselves from the boogeyman and serving up bullets.

I'm white but I tan dark in the summer. If I ever run into an American cop I'm dropping to the ground the second he makes eye contact. Lol.
    Last edited by beep; 07-30-2015 at 04:31 PM.
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    "Comply or Be Shot"???

Seems like the only thing they're protecting is themselves from the boogeyman and serving up bullets.

I'm white but I tan dark in the summer. If I ever run into an American cop I'm dropping to the ground the second he makes eye contact. Lol.
    Agreed.

Yes, complying with the cops is a good suggestion.

Another, even better suggestion is don't shoot unarmed people in the head when they DON'T comply.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    "Comply or Be Shot"???

You won't find it reported in the media but I'm positive you'd have just as good a chance being messed up by an American cop being white, if not a better chance. Regardless of color if you follow directions and do what is asked of you you won't have any problems with a cop here. Honestly.

What about the scenario I mentioned where the car becomes a weapon as soon as he tries to drive off? What if an innocent bystander gets killed in the car chase, and the cop had a chance to stop that by shooting the driver before he got started? This guy has to have some responsibility. "Comply or Be Shot" is a much better system than, "Eh... we're just making suggestions. You do whatever you want. Would holding my gun make you feel safer? Hows about you rob that bank and run. We won't follow. Money is yours!! Woot!! I'm nice! Oh you have no tags? Oh you have no license on you? Oh you have alcohol in your lap? Oh you're acting shady as fuck? Oh you refuse to give a straight answer? You go right ahead sir. I have no reason or right to ask you to get out of your car and when you speed away dangerously I have no right to try to protect the public by stopping you".

On another note the coward Cincy prosecutor and the Mayor that made him charge murder to avoid riots and bad press is going to backfire big time. He's gonna plead down to nothing or get acquitted. Watch. Unless of course the entire jury are black lives matter activists.... and I don't know if you guys have been to Cincinnati but that's not out of the realm of possibility lol

I can see a reason for manslaughter charges but murder implies premeditation.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I can see a reason for manslaughter charges but murder implies premeditation.
    Well, first degree murder, yes. OTOH prosecutors are more and more making the argument that if you think about it for even a second, that constitutes premeditation. Not that I would go that far. That came up in the "loud music" trial. How could you argue THAT was premeditated? But they did.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

No matter which way it goes it will not turn out well. Probably will be some backlash violence and some rioting anyway and if they crush the cop the Blue Line will pull together and possibly stop or just do breeze by patrolling of AfrAms neighborhoods.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Not comply or get shot, but do comply and things will go a lot better for you. This is the only one that I think was only shot for not complying. The other ones did other things that got them shot, and again, it's a microsecond to process what is going on, they don't have the luxury of waiting to see if there is a gun when someone goes for their waistband. So if you just do what the officer says (which you should do anyway, if it's a reasonable request, why NOT comply?) these things would not get out of hand when you're dealing with a decent officer (which most of them are, remember these are the vast minority of officers we are seeing in these cases).

mistrial - the jury was deadlocked

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...eadlocked.html

The cops are totally out of control in America. Some find it easy to side with the cops because it's usually another black-white incident and the country is so polarized what with #BLM and the perennial issue of race. The white-on-black killings are the ones getting all the publicity (even though the majority of victims of police shootings are white males) but you can always get people riled up over an interracial shooting. One of the most egregious police executions was the guy in Arizona earlier this year who was on the ground, on his hands and knees, unarmed, crawling towards the officer at the officer's orders, pleading for his life, when the pig just executed him with five shots at pointblank range. And these inexcusable executions go on and on year after year. Frankly to say "things will go better if you comply" doesn't hold water because the cops are killing unarmed people even when they're trying to comply. There are some people who should just never have been cops in the first place; they are killers hiding behind badges.
    Last edited by StudioJoe; 11-13-2016 at 03:16 PM.

I don't think the cops are any more out of control than they've ever been, in fact, because they are being held accountable more now than ever, I believe they are being a little more cautious. Not to say we aren't going to have the senseless shooting here and there, sometimes the wrong person gets that badge and they think they're infallible. I shudder to think what many of the "rogue" cops got away with before the advent of camera phones and social media. Yes, the media is going to do what they always do, report the stories that get the most notice. But I wouldn't want a job where I'm having to put my life on the line every single day, I still support their bravery, and any that commit these senseless murders believing they're shielded by the law need to be treated just like any other murderer.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!