Thread: Corner Gas

Corner Gas

Anyone else a fan of this Canadian comedy gem? I came across it when browsing dvds at the local library and sangged the first 3 seasons. Totally binge-worthy, laugh out loud funny shit

"There will be no spectacular ending for this mess when it happens " (Mansfield67, 2019).

I know it's a low budget show from here in Canada, next
    to American sitcoms, but I so enjoyed that show.

Thank You Brent Butt.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Our comedies used to be this clever. Low budget, high comedy works for me.

Just started season 2 the other night. The episode where Oscar and Emma tell Brent they're not married, lol.

Every episode I've seen so far is comedy gold. Wish we had more than 3 seasons on dvd here.

"There will be no spectacular ending for this mess when it happens " (Mansfield67, 2019).

Corner Gas and Trailer Park Boys are two of the best Canadian shows ever ! Low budget, yes, but absolutely hilarious.
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

It's hit or miss for me. Some episodes are absolutely hilarious, other times not so much.

Still love it, though.
    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16814&dateline=1337859949
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff."

It's hit or miss for me. Some episodes are absolutely hilarious, other times not so much.

Prefer the episodes where Hank and Oscar are feuding or teaming up.
    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16814&dateline=1337859949
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff."

I saw it in America several years ago at like 4AM on some local channel. They only had it on for a couple weeks. I caught it a couple times and really liked it and remembered it. Checked online for it but this was before Netflix. When I got Netflix I binge watched what episodes I could and binge watched the rest on youtube. They have every episode on youtube... at least the last time I watched they were. Needless to say I love it. I named a Cat after something I saw on Corner Gas. This will be fun. His name is Willis. You guys try to figure out what on Corner Gas gave me the name Willis!!!

Hmmm. You folks have piqued my interest. I'll have to give Corner Gas a look-see.

The last Canadian comedy I watched habitually, when I could find it, was SCTV.
    The Strange Case Of The Missing Corpse
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-GmH8eFJFU

Mrs. Peel (commenting on Steed's sword): "That looks a bit droopy." Steed: "Wait until it's challenged."

Got our local librarian to order seasons 4, 5 and six. Woohoo!

Sad news, The Actress who played Emma Leroy (Brent's Mom) Janet Wright
    has had a hard life.
    Her daughter killed herself few years ago.

So she Janet, has lots of health problems.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.