Thread: John Forbes Nash ("A Beautiful Mind")

John Forbes Nash ("A Beautiful Mind")

John Forbes Nash - portrayed by Russell Crowe in the film "A Beautiful Mind" - has died in an NJ Turnpike crash with his wife Alicia.

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ss...olice_say.html
    Professional Thread-Killer

ozzysmom Guest
    So sad. I hate to say it but Alicia going with him may have been a blessing in disguise.... So so sad....

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    So sad. I hate to say it but Alicia going with him may have been a blessing in disguise.... So so sad....

Was Alicia sick or something?

I agree........BTW.....morning ozzy.....(Did you get hit with the storm the other day like we did?)
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

ozzysmom Guest
    Alicia died in the car accident with him

Yes, Mcafgr, I did! We got NAILED! lol Lightning and thunder and all, it was great! lol I love a good thunderstorm

Alicia died in the car accident with him

Yes, Mcafgr, I did! We got NAILED! lol Lightning and thunder and all, it was great! lol I love a good thunderstorm
    Hah!.....Good to hear from you.......we thought when it hit that a tornado was around. I told the wife it looked just like hurricane charlie when that storm hit. Oh well....won't have to trim the palm trees for a while

Back on topic.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Very sad, I agree it was a blessing they went together.

So sad. I have a friend who is brilliant, but also a little insane. The price you pay I guess.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Genius is an abnormality, often accompanied by unpleasant personality quirks. In Nash's case, psychopathy was among them.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxster View Post
    Genius is an abnormality, often accompanied by unpleasant personality quirks. In Nash's case, psychopathy was among them.
    Um . . . there's a difference between having psychotic episodes and being a psychopath, kay?

Neither was using the cab's seatbelts at the time, which MIGHT have prevented their (rather awful) deaths-- just like the late Bob Simon. They apparently had been sharing the cab with another colleague but he was out of there already, so it can't be there weren't enough belts. Maybe they didn't work easily (even the modern ones get jammed or don't lock if not hooked in exactly right) or were too uncomfortable with all their frailties? Whatever, if they're there, use them, folks! This is so sad. (One hopes it was all over before they had too much chance to be frightened or in much pain, but I kind of doubt it.)

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    Neither was using the cab's seatbelts at the time, which MIGHT have prevented their (rather awful) deaths-- just like the late Bob Simon. They apparently had been sharing the cab with another colleague but he was out of there already, so it can't be there weren't enough belts. Maybe they didn't work easily (even the modern ones get jammed or don't lock if not hooked in exactly right) or were too uncomfortable with all their frailties? Whatever, if they're there, use them, folks! This is so sad. (One hopes it was all over before they had too much chance to be frightened or in much pain, but I kind of doubt it.)
    Damn shame. From what I've read it would seem seat belts would have saved them. Of course with their age there's no telling. I do know they had a hell of a lot better chance than being thrown completely out of the vehicle. I don't understand why people just don't wear seat belts. It's annoying for like the first few days. After that it doesn't feel right to ride without a seat belt.