Thread: ''mr. Roller derby'' charlie o'connell

''mr. Roller derby'' charlie o'connell

I found out a few days ago, that Charlie O'Connell, known as ''Mr.Roller Derby'', and the best male derby skater ever, passed away Feb. 9, 2015. for any of you who watched or seen roller derby in the late 50's to 1986, her was the best pivot skater there was.... and he could jam as well as he blocked. If He is already on this forum, forgive me but if not, I think he should b on here. If any one has any information on his death or some memories of Roller Derby, or information on other past skaters, please feel free to let us know. He was the best in the business Rest in eternal peace and pleasure Charlie O. You will be so missed.

RIP............Bay Area Bombers................................

A true ''Bomber's'' fan. He had some great games. Great fights with Ken Monte, Bob Woodberry, Bob Hein, Bill Groll....He was a beast at what he did ...Nobody played the game better than ''Charlie O''. I watched some of his games on...metv.com and on youtube. Brings back a hell of alot of memories from my childhood. Sunday dinner every week watching WWF wrestling and then 2 hours of Roller Derby. I know everyone has to die, but things from my childhood fade away too fast. RIP CHARLIE O!

Charlie O.....................

I'm good friends with one of his daughters. He died from a heart attack brought on from internal bleeding - that's all she would tell me about it.

Big Bay Bomber fan here. Went to a few of their games back in the late 70's around the SF Bay Area, and used to watch the games on TV on the weekends. I attended Joanie Weston's (two) viewings after she passed away (from Mad Cow Disease). I talked to her when the disease was at first setting in. It was as if she had dementia. Poor girl.

Aries, thats so sad. I never got to see a real Roller Derby game unless it was on tv. But I have many of the Bomber games I ordered. They are still awesome to watch! Banked tracks are the best!