Thread: Bali Nine

Bali Nine

Eight people convicted of drug trafficking were executed in Indonesia.

"As well as the two Australian ringleaders of the Bali Nine drug smuggling ring, Indonesia executed four Nigerian men, one man from Brazil and one Indonesian. A Philippines woman was spared."

Who are the eight people executed by Indonesia?
    Last edited by Maxster; 04-28-2015 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxster View Post
    Eight people convicted of drug trafficking were executed in Indonesia.

"As well as the two Australian ringleaders of the Bali Nine drug smuggling ring, Indonesia executed four Nigerian men, one man from Brazil and one Indonesian. A Philippines woman was spared."

Who are the eight people executed by Indonesia?
    There's a British woman waiting on being executed as well for the same offense. She thought because of her age, she would get life and be thrown back to the UK to serve the sentence but they have refused every appeal she has placed. She even tried getting the UK government on side but everytime it's been a knock back and now it's being reported that she just wants it over with.

As much as I think execution is harsh, on the other hand, it's not like they don't know what the consequences of being caught are. It's happened so many times now than no one can claim ignorance.

They are most definitely idiots but I don't think that's a good enough reason to murder somebody because they broke the law.
    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16814&dateline=1337859949
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff."

Murder, by definition, is the unlawful and premeditated killing of a human being , and thus lawful executions are not murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxster View Post
    Murder, by definition, is the unlawful and premeditated killing of a human being , and thus lawful executions are not murder.
    So aslong as the Government says that it's lawful that they're killing somebody, it's not murder.

Doesn't that sound insane to you?

Glad I don't live in a country that subscribes to that theory. I can't ever imagine giving my government that kind of authority.
    Last edited by beep; 04-30-2015 at 11:19 PM.
    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16814&dateline=1337859949
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff."

Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    So aslong as the Government says that it's lawful that they're killing somebody, it's not murder.

Doesn't that sound insane to you?
    No..

Glad I don't live in a country that subscribes to that theory. I can't ever imagine giving my government that kind of authority.
    Canada abolished capital punishment, but agents of the state can still legally kill. And the government retains the power to reintroduce capital punishment should it become politically expedient to do so.

Double standard for Indonesia?

Indonesia seems to be crying foul when Saudi Arabia executes one of its citizens. They said they had no official warning before this execution of an Indonesian maid for a 1999 murder of a four-year-old child. So it's OK for Indonesia to execute nationals from other countries for a crime that didn't involve the immediate loss of life, but it's not OK for Saudi Arabia to execute an Indonesian national for a crime in which life was taken, especially that of an innocent 4-year-old child?

Indonesia is reportedly not giving advance notice ahead of the execution of British national Lindsay Sandiford, however they are upset that Saudi Arabia executed this criminal without giving the Indonesian government a heads-up?

WTFairy, Indonesia? Double standards much?!

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/17/asia/i...iref=obnetwork

I hate the DP, all smart Countries think
    the same way.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Cuba has the DP. So did the old USSR.

All this talk of DP is making me horny.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    I hate the DP, all smart Countries think
    the same way.
    I'm anti-DP as well. Many innocent people have been executed. Unless the murder took place with a throng of people watching (especially if a news team was part of it), the victim was a child or another incapacitated person, yes we should have the DP on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
    I'm anti-DP as well. Many innocent people have been executed. Unless the murder took place with a throng of people watching (especially if a news team was part of it), the victim was a child or another incapacitated person, yes we should have the DP on the table.
    In the U.S. since 1976, a few innocent people may have been executed, but not many. What gets confused with "many innocent people being executed" is "many innocent people being sentenced to death, but ultimately having their sentences commuted or overturned due to strong safeguards intended to prevent wrongful execution."

In the case of the Bali Nine, there wasn't any doubt as to their guilt. These people were all drug dealers who took their chances, knowing the law, and lost.